Weeb Wars / AnimeGate / #KickVic / #IStandWithVic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

Wilhelm Bittrich

My pronouns: fuck/off
kiwifarms.net
Has Nick ever really talked in depth about what he does as an actual lawyer? I only remember him giving bits and pieces in streams and now tweets.
Nick isn't really a working lawyer, he's a DCO (Deep Cover Operative) for the Federal Bureau of Lawltwatter Investigation.
#thathappened
How does that guy would know that? The Budweiser Army ain't a service branch of the US Military since last time I checked.

fat ugly sped

kiwifarms.net
Has Nick ever really talked in depth about what he does as an actual lawyer? I only remember him giving bits and pieces in streams and now tweets.
It's criminal defense. Something like 94% of state cases end up with a plea bargain, so basically it's talking with people accused of crimes and using his legal and procedural knowledge to negotiate the best deal he can for his clients.

More generally, most legal disputes are so painful to resolve through court that the overwhelming majority of them are resolved by lawyers advising people and negotiating. Trials are the exception, not the rule.

YTV In the 90s

kiwifarms.net
Imho regardless if what happens it's going to appeal and high probably back to court.

From the Vic perspective, he still has the defamation claims against Moronica and Funi. If those go to trial and he wins, he can use that to buffer the accusations. According to Nick, most of the money was in the defamation against Funi. So Vic gets most of what he wants with hasn't been thrown out yet. We get the word on that in 3-4 weeks, though.

Nick has made it sound like Vic can easily appeal even if he loses completely. He also made it sound like KV can appeal the TCPA, as well.

As for Ty, seems his biggest problem was not anticipating how this judge would run the courtroom. In his defense he hired additional legal help from a lawyer who appeared before the judge before. I assume he thought that covered it.
I was thinking given the large gofundme for legal fees the judge was looking at who is more likely to pay up. But like I said, I have no mind for legal stuff or courtroom antics outside of phoenix wright games. I just hope Vic wins, I like to see a show whoever's involved, but whatever person is acting smug and holding their noses high and being pompous, those are the people who are most satisfying to see lose. Especially since they spearheaded this whole thing by getting him fired.

Hallstein995

kiwifarms.net
Not to change topics, but I wanted to ask this question and wasn't sure were else it could be asked. To the European kiwis in the thread, do you use wakanim and what are your thoughts on it?