Weeb Wars / AnimeGate / #KickVic / #IStandWithVic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Oof, if there is one man you do not want to piss off, it's Jim Cornette. He don't take shit from anyone.
Jim is an idiot with worse worth ethic than any VA these days. The con probably figured it would be better to not have Jim show up. I do want to see if they'll give others the same treatment though. Usually conventions will constantly confirm everything with you so you show up. If you're important enough for them to get you a hotel than they'll make sure you know which hotel to go to, who to talk to and how far you are from the venue.

Saffronette

🍖Meat Muncher🍖
kiwifarms.net
I still think that the reasons for the ahegao hoodie ban are very weak and still don't make any sense. The reason why yaoi paddles were banned was because of people actually being injured by them. They were never meant to be actually used for any sort of spanking. Ahegao faces being printed on clothing doesn't actually hurt anyone. The only people who claim to be traumatized by it are the usual oversensitive wimps who think anything that makes them feel uncomfortable should be banned. They also claim that children would be scarred for life over seeing anime faces on a shirt, but I highly doubt it.

Anime conventions aren't an ideal event to bring your children to. I have been to conventions before and I have barely seen children with their parents attending. The only reason why I think a parent would bring their kids there is because they think anime conventions are like Comic Con. A lot of anime does feature violent and sexual content that obviously isn't suitable for family viewing. It's not just scantily clad cosplayers that they're going to see either. From my own experiences, I have seen people publicly make out , grope each other, make explicit sex jokes, participate in skits based on gay sex, produce artwork featuring closeups of a male character's bulge, and sneak in alcohol to drink. There's a lot more I could add, but what I'm saying is that people tend to act very inappropriate at these cons.

EBH9APwXYAA7_R8.jpg

I have mentioned this before, but people in Japan really don't give a shit about foreigners wearing it. In this twitter post it shows the picture above of a Russian woman wearing an aheago sweatshirt in a restaurant and various Japanese people commenting on it. They even link to the online stores where you can buy it.

I have translated some of the comments so that people can understand it.
"It's too mysterious to see a clerk wearing an ahegao T-shirt in a Russian country restaurant."

"In Russia, this would be pretty surprised ( ゚Д゚) But why did this girl choose this shirt? And it's full of fun and interesting to see if you're dressed up and serving customers."

"Even when I went to the metal festival in France, there was a person wearing an ahegao T-shirt, so it may have spread widely worldwide"

"A female clerk at a Las Vegas stall was also wearing it! It's definitely going on"
Now notice how people tend to say that only "sweaty neckbeard edgelords" wear those hoodies in public but you'd be mistaken. I've found pictures of all kind of people wearing ahegao related clothing from high school students to the elderly. I've also seen tumblr posts where very unhinged people want to commit acts of violence upon people who wear them. But knowing them they probably can't throw a punch or cry whenever someone even raises their voice at them.
zkhbzm7qmsh21.jpg poq9x92b42i01.jpg DUGTaYbU0AA6El9.jpg bf1cmtmn48s01.jpg
plh7cdhph9q21.png

I also find it strange that the same people who want this banned from all anime conventions don't say or mention anything about female cosplayers making aheago faces for pictures/videos. If you're going to ban the clothes, might as well ban people actually making the faces as well.

(archive)

Least Concern

Pretend I have a waifu avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
Ahegao shirts really are stupid and I would ordinarily rather not be seen near somebody wearing one. But the fact that they're now pissing off all the right overly-sensitive snobs makes me want to dress in ahegao in head to toe and Naruto run in circles around these dorks.

I'm pretty sure this same sort of sentiment is how Trump got elected.

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
I still think that the reasons for the ahegao hoodie ban are very weak and still don't make any sense. The reason why yaoi paddles were banned was because of people actually being injured by them. They were never meant to be actually used for any sort of spanking. Ahegao faces being printed on clothing doesn't actually hurt anyone. The only people who claim to be traumatized by it are the usual oversensitive wimps who think anything that makes them feel uncomfortable should be banned. They also claim that children would be scarred for life over seeing anime faces on a shirt, but I highly doubt it.

Anime conventions aren't an ideal event to bring your children to. I have been to conventions before and I have barely seen children with their parents attending. The only reason why I think a parent would bring their kids there is because they think anime conventions are like Comic Con. A lot of anime does feature violent and sexual content that obviously isn't suitable for family viewing. It's not just scantily clad cosplayers that they're going to see either. From my own experiences, I have seen people publicly make out , grope each other, make explicit sex jokes, participate in skits based on gay sex, produce artwork featuring closeups of a male character's bulge, and sneak in alcohol to drink. There's a lot more I could add, but what I'm saying is that people tend to act very inappropriate at these cons.

View attachment 1114193
I have mentioned this before, but people in Japan really don't give a shit about foreigners wearing it. In this twitter post it shows the picture above of a Russian woman wearing an aheago sweatshirt in a restaurant and various Japanese people commenting on it. They even link to the online stores where you can buy it.

I have translated some of the comments so that people can understand it.

Now notice how people tend to say that only "sweaty neckbeard edgelords" wear those hoodies in public but you'd be mistaken. I've found pictures of all kind of people wearing ahegao related clothing from high school students to the elderly. I've also seen tumblr posts where very unhinged people want to commit acts of violence upon people who wear them. But knowing them they probably can't throw a punch or cry whenever someone even raises their voice at them.
View attachment 1114189 View attachment 1114190 View attachment 1114192 View attachment 1114199
View attachment 1114206

I also find it strange that the same people who want this banned from all anime conventions don't say or mention anything about female cosplayers making aheago faces for pictures/videos. If you're going to ban the clothes, might as well ban people actually making the faces as well.

(archive)
Just a reminder that guy in the last pic is Martin Licis aka "The 2nd strongest man in the world"

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
If you're going to ban sexualized male gaze stuff, ban costhots and other COOOOOOOOOOOON SLUTS.

diskboomer

kiwifarms.net
A good example is Adam Sheehan who put it all in an affidavit. He was higher up in Funi at the time and was even in charge of inviting Vic to cons! He claims to have known Vic was so bad that "Vic locks" were installed to protect the employees from Vic! Oh my God! How awful! What else did Adam do? He... kept inviting him to cons... He... never reported Vic to HR for this known behavior. How could Vic cover this up? The answer is... Vic couldn't. There was nothing nefarious going on. Nothing to cover up. That's why Adam continued to book him.
Jamie herself even told the true story about the locks at a convention, and they Had nothing to do with Vic. It was about an overly obsessive fan, wanting to be the next big voice actor. They were worried he’d show up and murder them all.

Last edited:

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Jamie herself even told the true story about the locks at a convention, and they Had nothing to do with Vic. It was about an overrly obsessive fan, wanting to be the next big voice actor. They wee worried he’d show up and murder them all.

And yet, these people introduced bullshit with the "Vic locks" claim in their collection of affidavits from lying perjurers. That was in at least Adam Sheehan's affidavit. This perjury wasn't just in the declaration. These cunts put it in their legal arguments too.

Despite knowing this was a complete lie, having made it up themselves, they relied on this perjury.

1579939972443.png

diskboomer

kiwifarms.net
And yet, these people introduced bullshit with the "Vic locks" claim in their collection of affidavits from lying perjurers. That was in at least Adam Sheehan's affidavit. This perjury wasn't just in the declaration. These cunts put it in their legal arguments too.

Despite knowing this was a complete lie, having made it up themselves, they relied on this perjury.

View attachment 1114313
Thats one thing that annoyed me, this stuff came up and video also before the TCPA response. I thought Ty would have included it. It shows direct perjury, and how the affidavit could get struck.

Nontransferable

kiwifarms.net
Jamie herself even told the true story about the locks at a convention, and they Had nothing to do with Vic. It was about an overrly obsessive fan, wanting to be the next big voice actor. They wee worried he’d show up and murder them all.

Ken Wallen from YuleCon wrote about this incident two days after it happened on an anime con mailing list in 2008.
At approximately noon on Saturday, this individual attended a guest Q&A which included four full-time and/or contract employees of Funimation during which he essentially demanded to know why he hadn't been auditioned or cast by Funimation for any of their shows, and what he needed to do to make it happen. That's a very short synopsis of what actually occurred, but I wasn't present for the panel myself.

After the panel one of the guests (who has a history of dealing with this individual) expressed a concern to me combined with personal knowledge of his history his attitude seemed to be antagonistic enough that he could represent a threat to the safety of the guests or of a Funimation employee present at the convention (not a guest). A phone call was placed to Yulecon's safety head to arrange a meeting to determine how the situation should be handled.

On the way to that meeting I was approached by another guest who was very agitated because she had just been intercepted in the convention area by the same individual. He had blocked her passage and encroached on her personal space in such a way that she was backed up to a wall. At this point he gripped this guest by the shoulders and shouted at her that she "had the power" to get him voice-acting roles and that she needed to do so because he is "the next Vic Mignogna".

At the meeting with the safety head we were joined by a third guest with input to contribute. What came to light was that this person's behavior to the convention guests at Yulecon was an extension and escalation of an ongoing pattern of behavior at the offices of Funimation. He has apparently determined that "being in the right place at the right time" means showing up at Funimation's offices on a regular basis and harassing anyone whose attention he can get, and he moved to the DFW area from Chatanooga to be able to do it. He has been known to loiter scowling in Funimation's lobby, been forcibly removed from the building (by the employee mentioned above who was not a guest), and has been known to bang on locked doors there and try to force his way in if/when they are opened.

The conversation was sufficient to establish that he has a history of stalking/antagonistic interaction with industry persons outside of conventions. His behavior at Yulecon may have been his first attempt to harass guests in a convention environment, but it would not likely be his last. His actions were sufficient to annoy some guests and cause a bit of alarm, but I have no reason to believe that he intended violence toward anyone. That said, I have equally little reason to believe that he couldn't represent a threat of violence at any time for any convention.

The situation being discussed on cosplay.com and other sites was a different issue. During the time that the meeting I've described occurred, this person was busy creating some sort of scene related to not being allowed to present a skit (something related to registration or sign-up for that option not having happened). After the cosplay competition, a situation arose which led to him deciding that it was a good idea to publicly berate the cosplay coordinator for some reason. This is what he was doing when he was approached by the safety staff for his walk out of the building.

It was at this point that the safety head held told him that he was not only being ejected from Yulecon, but that he was not to step foot of the premises of Funimation again, and wouldn't be welcome at any convention in Texas again. What was said may not have been enforceable at the time, but the process of making it be so has begun.

So far I've maintained my pattern of not "naming names" in ACML email, but the person being hit with the multi-con banhammer is the guy who goes by the moniker "Johnny Otaku" (i.e. the guy from the "Otaku Unite" DVD). His real name and photographs suitable for identification can be made available upon request to anyone needing them for the security of their convention. I'd be pleased to see him blacklisted outside of Texas too.

Last edited:

OneHandClapping

not like this
kiwifarms.net
Thats one thing that annoyed me, this stuff came up and video also before the TCPA response. I thought Ty would have included it. It shows direct perjury, and how the affidavit could get struck.
Hrm. Did Jamie ever ever include or otherwise affirm the Vic Locks affidavit? Pretty sure that was in MoRon's TCPA.

This could be more of Sam Johnson's magic. If the Vic Locks story, somehow, helps Jamie get past on TCPA, great. If not, and it gives Ty an avenue of attack on Jamie, Sam can just say no, we never said that. That was another defendant.

I was just going to ask if Ty included the debunking of the lock story in his filings, but I guess he didn't. Sucks, because that's one story that can be disproven definitely.

Now the CoA has Sheehan's affidavit, but not a response from Ty about it, so they might as well take it at face value.

There was so much stuff getting dug up by speds on Twitter about the defendants, but I think only a fraction of it got used by Ty. Although I guess not all of it was usable, anyway.

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
So yeah, I learned from the lawsuit thread that on Nick's twitch, he said he expects BHBC to ask for an extension.

Hopefully it isn't true, but if it is, I'm just dumbstruck. Ty and his team had over a past month to write this brief and now in the last minute they need more time. What the hell are they thinking? Hell, he even brought in more team members specifically for the appeal. Didn't they learn anything from the TCPA deadline?

A part of me hopes that they spend the weekend polishing it, but seriously. What the fuck, Ty?

Garm

kiwifarms.net
That is what annoys me about the TCPA hearing. Chupp was supposed to hear arguments about striking affidavits but just started ruling on stuff. The perjury stuff wouldn't have mattered because Chupp didn't want to hear it.

So yeah, I learned from the lawsuit thread that on Nick's twitch, he said he expects BHBC to ask for an extension.

Hopefully it isn't true, but if it is, I'm just dumbstruck. Ty and his team had over a past month to write this brief and now in the last minute they need more time. What the hell are they thinking? Hell, he even brought in more team members specifically for the appeal. Didn't they learn anything from the TCPA deadline?

A part of me hopes that they spend the weekend polishing it, but seriously. What the fuck, Ty?
To be fair, that is what Nick would do. This is going to be like the payment thing last month. Everyone got upset because they didn't pay the appeals court and it turned out that even Chupp didn't know when to pay.

Freaking out doesn't help anyone.

P5Fever

Tiddies out for my internalized misogyny
kiwifarms.net
I have a feeling this is all according to plan. This is what taking the offensive looks like. Ty knew what the response would be and it didn’t matter. It’s time for pushback, started with the unlocked stream and continues. I think it’s glorious. The record for appeals is set so why not?

Jaime is just trolling. It’s very low tier, pathetic trolling.

Michelle is somebody who claimed to know Vic decades ago. She jumped on the KickVic bandwagon very early.

Here’s a long thread from February.

In June she claimed to have found a picture which showed her and Vic together.

A bunch of twitter speds jumped in to say she had photoshopped the pic. Here’s one example.

The only thing that’s truly important is that Vic debunked her story himself during deposition. But if you look hard enough there are multiple twitter threads dedicated to proving the pic was photoshopped. Also I’m willing to bet it was covered extensively by the farms at the time maybe like 2000 pages ago?
Also didn’t somebody on the farms a while back find a picture of Vic what he looked like back then and he looked nothing like the picture this lying cunt showed?

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
That is what annoys me about the TCPA hearing. Chupp was supposed to hear arguments about striking affidavits but just started ruling on stuff. The perjury stuff wouldn't have mattered because Chupp didn't want to hear it.

To be fair, that is what Nick would do. This is going to be like the payment thing last month. Everyone got upset because they didn't pay the appeals court and it turned out that even Chupp didn't know when to pay.

Freaking out doesn't help anyone.
I guess you're right. Maybe I'm a little too invested in this, but I just don't want Ty and his team to make a mistake that could potentially unravel this lawsuit, especially since they have a strong case.