Weeb Wars / AnimeGate / #KickVic / #IStandWithVic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
Always that one retard wanting to start shit.
View attachment 1418009
I did some research on this charity organization. Not only has it been around since 1989 and there are two branches - one in Alabama, the other in New York, but a number of celebrities, including George Clooney, Eva Mendes, Common and Lena Waithe, have one way or another been involved with it. EJI was also one of the several organizations that J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot donated millions of dollars to. And Bryan Stevenson, the man who founded the company, was the executed producer of a movie called Just Mercy, which was based on his memoir and starred Michael B. Jordan, Jamie Foxx, Tim Blake Nelson and Brie Larson. So yeah this company seems pretty legit.

Anyone who is curious, click on the link:

This may already be here, but Two Ton, sexual assault IS rape under Texas law.
View attachment 1417345
https://archive.ph/ZAAmQ
I felt like doing this, mainly because...why not?
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 12.58.19 PM.png

Last edited:

Dean Pentel

White, meek, totally non-threatening
kiwifarms.net
And you guys keep calling people rape apologists
While also ignoring those who claim they knew a man was a prolific rapist, and yet didn't do shit about it. Like @Ron Toye, aren't you supposed to be some kind of sheepdog protector of women? Yet not a fucking peep from you or those "hundreds" of women ready to provide evidence/testimony of all Vic's crimes. What, did Vic run a vacuum cleaner and scare you away?

theworstkindofeurofag

kiwifarms.net
Looks like Vic's stream will be on Instagram tonight.

Screenshot_20200630-220622.png

Think Unlocked has had issues for at least a week now, hope they get fixed soon.

I really hope they won't let unlocked die. Last time I checked, most big names had left the app or hadn't used it in a few months (Vic was one of the most popular people on there). It'd suck for Vic if they shut down the app, since it's a source of income for him.

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
As also shown in Pleb's comic, Tumblr artists are trying and failing to replicate anime (mostly something like Sailor Moon's style) thanks to A:TLA, but don't realize/recognize what it is about the style that makes it work in Japanese animation which then tends to look odd in Western animation. I still remember anime fans screeching about Teen Titans "ripping off" anime and that it was an ugly show, but that died with A:TLA even though the shows were only a few years apart, and now you see that animesque style everywhere. Tumblr artists want to make their own style to "stand out" while still paying "homage" to their favorite shows, and so they forgo the human anatomy under the guise of "Gotta know the rules to break the rules, tee hee!" but all they see is surface-level detail. They rarely understand there's still a fixed skeletal structure to be had especially in the face, and all anime follows the same rules of animation.

It's also more hilariously ugly when you point out just how stylized and diverse anime/manga characters actually are, like if you don't pay attention to the credits, you might think you're watching/reading something made by a Westerner just because of how the characters' faces look. The CalArts shit people like to point out and make fun of also exists in anime if you know where to look (typically more those that are clearly inspired by Western animation), but that gets ignored because it's glorious Nippon even if it's been out-sourced to the same Korean sweatshops as Steven Universe. I hear that CalAts teachers hate-hate-hate seeing the anime style in students' works and portfolios, but that could be because they've just been seeing the same manufactured mainstream popular face and tits and are sick of it. They might not actually have much of an issue with it if someone's style was influenced by Naoki Urasawa.

Calarts has no business hating "anime" in a portfolio when it constantly cranks out identical looking turds that fill up western animation with marshmallow bean faces. I can forgive someone for thinking 'anime' is itself a style because they only have a passing knowledge of a few popular shows and are like 'them big eyes and little mouth things', but an art school trying to cram JJBA (and its forever changing art) and Berserk in with Sailor Moon and Dragonball as 'the same thing' is sad.

More on topic, though, what exactly is going down with Unlocked that's causing the problems? It's such a good platform, and it's the primary thing Vic has to interact with fans and make money right now. It falling apart now would just be another step of this year being awful.

FadeIntoObscurity

kiwifarms.net
Even before Monica's depo, her assault story painted a picture that Vic tried to rape her. Let's not forget the first version of her story had her struggling against him. I mean first of all, she outright calls it sexual ASSAULT. Which already creates a VIOLENT picture. He FORCIBLY kiussed her. He THREW her on the bed. PINNED her down and continued to kiss her AGGRESSIVELY. She was SCARED and looked at the door in HOPE that someone would SAVE her. And thank god someone did! Who knows where that could've gone! See... there's some key words here that any reasonable person would think this is a story about attempted rape.

Her depo version only cements the idea further though. Even though she didn't struggle in this version of her story her reasoning becomes "Well, since I was raped as a teen, I learned that fighting back can make things worse, so I just went along with it." If the event caused her to have flashbacks of being raped... then this scenario is an attempted rape scene. I'm not sure why she changed it from struggling to not struggling... But she also changed the end of her story. First iteration has Stan noticing her distress and asking if she's okay. Depo version has her covering her face in embarrassment. The reason for this change is because of Stan saying he doesn't remember such events occurring. So, I guess it was her way to get around Stan's lack of memory of the event. OF COURSE he didn't remember! He didn't see her distress! That explains everything.

No matter how I slice it. Monica is full of shit. This isn't the story of an awkward kiss that came out of nowhere, it states something more. Ron needs to stop reading stupid self help books and crack open a god damn dictionary.

Toyman99x

kiwifarms.net
If I'm not mistaken Monica first mentions Stan in her response on June 24th and then again in her deposition on June28th. Stan's reply doesn't come into play until July 19th. How would she have known what Stan would say?

Edit: Looking back: Stan did questioned about his name being dropped on the June 27th right before her depo. But I don't know if that was enough time for her to have a "oh shit" moment.

I Love Beef

お前わもう。。。。。満でるー!!!!
kiwifarms.net
Always that one retard wanting to start shit.
View attachment 1418009
Never forget that BLM shot their own photographer dead. https://kiwifarms.net/threads/blm-protester-kills-photographer-who-supported-the-movement.72434/
Anime got to where it is because frankly their artists have a WHOLE lot of commitment and drive and too many of ours have their heads up their asses. This isn't "Americans" v. "Japanese" though, because basically the anime industry is like the video game industry and the US doesn't have animators that're that driven. In Japan, you have had a bunch of little studios working for peanuts, trying to crank out a hit. Here in the US, you can find the same thing all over... for video games. You can find a ton of little indie shops of dedicated programmers that have dreamed of making their own "Quake" or GTA or whatever. But for some reason, we don't have a bunch of artists busting ass trying to make their own Evangelion or whatever.

It probably also helps that they have a thriving comics scene as well, whereas we worked very hard to nuke ours decades ago. Even now, with the recent popularity of some comics movies, we still generally hate the actual books. (doesn't help that the people that've taken control of those are insufferable douchebags)
Oh, I know plenty about that. I was talking about anime's social and cultural impact, and admittedly, yes, after when anime got huge post 2000, it kind of became East VS West in regards to animation. Animation schools and art schools were in full swing trying to deter any enthusiasm in anime related anything because said schools were trying to get western animation and art traditions to survive by any means. I can understand fad related sensation and its shallow indifferent fleetingness, but I'll sum things up with the term "Getting your just desserts". What did western animation do at this time that deserved it to keep its traditions alive? Outside of the DC animated universe, the Disney Renaissance, the coming of Nicktoons, and Cartoon Network, that honestly pales in comparison to anime's vast lexicon of shows and material it dared to give to the world and indirectly challenged all of the politically charged bedfellow collusion bullshit out west at the time. I still like western animation, but fuck does it needs to change its institutions.

Nowadays with CalArts shitting all over not just Tumblr and Twitter, but Netflix, Cartoon Network and Disney, again, I don't think they ever got the point of why anime got so big in the first place, and if anything, that just speaks to me that the majority of western animation schools have weathered down to ineffectual, indifferent, and socially detached space, time and money wasting facades clinging to outdated and unrefined traditions that never brought honor and pride to not only animation as a whole, but to its own definition and meaning of western animation when the world turned to a new age and went on without it. When anime came along and every inspired artist wanted to do the style and form of animation, and when art and animation schools brushed them off, that's when they already lost. I honestly could give less of a shit to whether something comes from here or there and have that impact my perception of quality on it; you don't see me going crazy over Italian and French fashions just because they're from the couture capitals of the world. You let me find something, you create something that inspires and relates and show it to me, you communicate through that why you are the best and why you are quality. Tumblrtards and Twittertwats and CalArtsfucks and other burnout feeble self-pity self-denial regreting turncoat weeaboos and losers will never grasp this. "The age chooses the man", indeed.

And now, as the 2020s start, nothing has changed, really. It's like the damn 1980s Japan Bubble Economy, only with sequential art and media.

Last edited:

FadeIntoObscurity

kiwifarms.net
If I'm not mistaken Monica first mentions Stan in her response on June 24th and then again in her deposition on June28th. Stan's reply doesn't come into play until July 19th. How would she have known what Stan would say?

Edit: Looking back: Stan did questioned about his name being dropped on the June 27th right before her depo. But I don't know if that was enough time for her to have a "oh shit" moment.

Ah, good point. I forgot the exact dates of everything. I mean, I think Stan's stance on things was pretty evident to begin with. But you're right.. It might not have been enough to freak Monica out. Still... now that you mention the dates it makes it even weirder she changed her story. Didn't realize the response and the depo were only 4 days apart. What would make her change those major details so suddenly? This is supposed to be a recollection of a traumatic event... But she can't even get the major details of her story straight. This is an event that supposedly haunts her nightmares to this day... and she can't even give finer details or stay consistent with it. This is what makes it hard for me to believe her.

The Wisdom of Bassets

kiwifarms.net
Calarts has no business hating "anime" in a portfolio when it constantly cranks out identical looking turds that fill up western animation with marshmallow bean faces.

I don't understand why someone would spend big money to go to an art school that produces such trash art. What sane person wants or needs to be taught how to suck?

There was a vid I watched a while back about some dude whose art was incredible. Photorealism/Portrait was his forte. He discussed how his postmodernist art teachers constantly marked him down and tried forcing him into what ammounted to fingerpainting because his art was 'colonialist' and a bunch of other buzzwords that denoted the school's politics rather than actual art.

I Love Beef

お前わもう。。。。。満でるー!!!!
kiwifarms.net
I don't understand why someone would spend big money to go to an art school that produces such trash art. What sane person wants or needs to be taught how to suck?

There was a vid I watched a while back about some dude whose art was incredible. Photorealism/Portrait was his forte. He discussed how his postmodernist art teachers constantly marked him down and tried forcing him into what ammounted to fingerpainting because his art was 'colonialist' and a bunch of other buzzwords that denoted the school's politics rather than actual art.
The other thing I should mention but get so impassioned to where I derail like a man on fire running for the nearest source of water is the backscratching. Heaven almighty, the backscratching. Even animation out here is not immune to backdoor shenanigans.

For all of SJW industry's moral crusading and virtue signaling against "mighty whitey", they sure love using corrupt and neopotistic wannabe upper middle class infrastructure with a degree in backscratching. With CalArts shit, it all makes sense.