Weeb Wars / AnimeGate / #KickVic / #IStandWithVic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
I feel like I should explain this more in detail
See the thing is, Kirito is a very small reason, but that's the reason people give HIM hate. The other reason he gets hate is his vast amount of roles

Red in Pokémon
Meliodas in 7DS
Eren Yeager in AoT
Cat Noir in Ladybug
Yo Shindou in MHA
Ceasar Zeppeli in JoJo Part 2
Rin Okumura in Blue Exorcist
Makoto Naegi in Danganronpa
Inousuke Hashibara in Demon Slayer

And many more...

Also, he's a really friendly & optimistic natured person. Kinda like Vic.

But the thing is, he has a pretty normal voice, but he has a JYB thing where his normal voice suits the character 70% of the time. Because of this, most of his roles are hated. Specially, Eren, Inosuke & Ceasar. In fact, some death threats to Bryce himself, I've seen, have come from AoT fans, while some JoJo fans were practically seething when he was Ceasar, but nothing too big. Demon Slayer fans were just berating the guy's existence when he was revealed to be the voice.

Now, the reason people wish death ON HIS KIDS, is cause of Bryce's Father, Bob Papenbrook. He was also a VA with a pretty good resume, he died in 2006. Because Bryce followed his father's footsteps, people want the kids to die soon, so they won't do what Bryce did.

See that's the weird part, Bryce actually has fun with the SAO fandom at times. In fact, he has suppprted SAO Abridged & is friends with the creators of it. In fact, he created a merch ad with the SAOA creators once.

SAO fandom does have some autism. But that's usually from the circlejerky side. Both Pro & Anti circlejerks.
Bryce is much like a 2006-era Vic. The only difference is that I don't believe Bryce resists his yaoi fangirls. Back in 2006, the closest thing to a complaint I could find about Vic were people complaining that he got too many roles and they were tired of hearing him everywhere. Though currently the difference is that Vic has multiple voices and types of roles, while Bryce has his one (speaking) voice and basically always voices the heroic protagonist, it's the same basic situation.

A bald dude on twitter is still trying to cling to relevancy by pretending his useless hearsay hasn't already been proven perjury. The sad thing is, he got involved purely to boost his fame and thus sales, but all he's done is ruin his chances at ever succeeding because he became a salty baby when he got caught. He should have stopped after his initial failed blog post, but he just can't stop throwing a tantrum over the fact that he's not important.

OneHandClapping

EZ Lefty, just add 5.56
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A bald dude on twitter is still trying to cling to relevancy by pretending his useless hearsay hasn't already been proven perjury. The sad thing is, he got involved purely to boost his fame and thus sales, but all he's done is ruin his chances at ever succeeding because he became a salty baby when he got caught. He should have stopped after his initial failed blog post, but he just can't stop throwing a tantrum over the fact that he's not important.
Eric Plummer might be a nobody, but it would still tickle me to see him deposed or crossed

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
Eric Plummer might be a nobody, but it would still tickle me to see him deposed or crossed
The trouble is, there's literally nothing worth asking him. His fanfiction isn't important even if it hadn't already been debunked. If they wanted to depose anyone related to his affidavit, it'd be the actual woman who supposedly suffered from Vic going all Kaa on her...but they won't. Because it just doesn't matter.

albertbrown26

FREE ASSANGE
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For the record, if I rate multiple posts with MATI, Dumb or Lunacy, it’s not you, it’s the actual #KickVic crowd whose tweets are just huge amounts of rambling thinking Vic Mignogna is the second coming of Jeffery Epstein. The salt from voice actors is just the cherry on top, since these people act as if they’re above the law. Not even Nick Rekieta is that dumb enough to act like these people.

Going throw all of this thread. You really do feel bad not only for Vic, but anyone like him who may be a conservative or Libertarian whk works in the entertainment industry.

Like these people who you consider friends will lie and get you fired just because of different opinions. And having people go after you becuase of it.

Recently I laugh when Jim Gaffigan decided to sperg about Trump after the RNC convention. He started his tweet rage by saying I know this mag hurt my career but.

I mean its funny becuase I doubt its going to hurt his career.

I never understood when a famous person decides to jump on the Trump hate wagon, they will say "I know this may hurt my career" Like clearly you won't, Hollywood cheers that.

It makes me feel bad for people like Vic in the entertainment business, who if they say something thats the opposite of what everyone else says. They are labeled a monster.
Most of the entertainment business in Hollywood has a hive mind who only cares about money than actual politics. It’s one thing to do this for publicity, but it’s an image curated by industry publicists and social media accountants that act that they can speak for the rest of the public. It’s virtue signaling is off the charts.

Syaoran Li

The Man In Black
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This whole weeb wars drama. Really has made me appreciate the few VAs who are not assholes. I really do appreciate Vic, JYB, Reuben, Bryce Papenbrook, Scott McNeill, Peter Kelamis and Kirby Morrow even more now then every.

Let me know if i missed any other non asshole VAs

I was really upset Grey DeLisle attacked Vic like that. I mean yeah I knew she was liberal. But I didn't think she was involved with Weeb Wars
With Grey DeLisle, she's probably just virtue signalling and going off of third-hand and fourth-hand accounts of the situation. She's not involved in the Weeb Wars and is just commenting on a big Twitter scandal. If this was in February or March of last year, it wouldn't be anywhere near as cringe.

AFAIK, Grey never really was an anime voice actor and the closest things she had to anime roles were a few voice cameos on Shin-Chan early in her career or the short-lived Puffy Ami Yumi cartoon that was meant to cash in on the 2000's Anime Boom.

jellycar

Bonjour, je suis Jelly Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
With Grey DeLisle, she's probably just virtue signalling and going off of third-hand and fourth-hand accounts of the situation. She's not involved in the Weeb Wars and is just commenting on a big Twitter scandal. If this was in February or March of last year, it wouldn't be anywhere near as cringe.

AFAIK, Grey never really was an anime voice actor and the closest things she had to anime roles were a few voice cameos on Shin-Chan early in her career or the short-lived Puffy Ami Yumi cartoon that was meant to cash in on the 2000's Anime Boom.
I went to a panel and she was nice. Talked about how she got in the business thanks to the late Mary Kay Bergman. Emotional stuff tbh.

Was Bryce in SAO the character that made the two girls get raped on the bed because that put me off the show entirely