Weeb Wars / AnimeGate / #KickVic / #IStandWithVic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

giraffes on coffee

I prefer tea.
kiwifarms.net

General Gunther

Gallia's Original War Hero
kiwifarms.net
With Grey DeLisle, she's probably just virtue signalling and going off of third-hand and fourth-hand accounts of the situation. She's not involved in the Weeb Wars and is just commenting on a big Twitter scandal. If this was in February or March of last year, it wouldn't be anywhere near as cringe.

AFAIK, Grey never really was an anime voice actor and the closest things she had to anime roles were a few voice cameos on Shin-Chan early in her career or the short-lived Puffy Ami Yumi cartoon that was meant to cash in on the 2000's Anime Boom.
The closest she's ever done to actual anime voice work was additional voices in the first Valkyria Chronicles video game.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 4.40.24 PM.png

jellycar

Bonjour, je suis Jelly Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The closest she's ever done to actual anime voice work was additional voices in the first Valkyria Chronicles video game.

View attachment 1600859
I love all of those actors and let's add Karen Strassman, James Arnold Taylor, and Kim Mai Guest. They're better than the current crop (yes better than Fire Emblem, Trails, and Persona with the exception of Tara Platt, Ben Diskin, and Rena Strober. Fight me)

StandardStaples

kiwifarms.net
Bryce is much like a 2006-era Vic. The only difference is that I don't believe Bryce resists his yaoi fangirls. Back in 2006, the closest thing to a complaint I could find about Vic were people complaining that he got too many roles and they were tired of hearing him everywhere. Though currently the difference is that Vic has multiple voices and types of roles, while Bryce has his one (speaking) voice and basically always voices the heroic protagonist, it's the same basic situation.
All I have been able to find was that Vic started charging fans for signatures and photos in 2007. The rest of the VA's cried and moaned about Vic "stealing from fans" and wanted that stopped. Of course he was making a ton of cash, so all the hypocrites got on board with it. From looking at all of Vic's conventions since 2003, it appears that Vic quit waiting for Funi (Sabat) to arrange appearances, and started contacting every event himself to see if they wanted him. He not only got double the money, he got double the exposure. Good business man. They hate him for it.

Not A Bug

I'm not a bug I tell ya!
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
or a nuclear reactor.
But that would create a critical mass and a fission that would melt through to the core ala The China Syndrome. But no worries, Uncle Joe can stop those.

Says that he might go to Instagram next week if the current issue with Unlocked isn't fixed
I just transferred my stuff to a new iPad, it's not on the App Store anymore. Still got it on my phone.

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
All I have been able to find was that Vic started charging fans for signatures and photos in 2007. The rest of the VA's cried and moaned about Vic "stealing from fans" and wanted that stopped. Of course he was making a ton of cash, so all the hypocrites got on board with it. From looking at all of Vic's conventions since 2003, it appears that Vic quit waiting for Funi (Sabat) to arrange appearances, and started contacting every event himself to see if they wanted him. He not only got double the money, he got double the exposure. Good business man. They hate him for it.
Incidentally, I'm against the idea of congoers having to pay for autographs, because people pay anywhere from $60-200 for entry to the con in the first place and having to drop $20-50 on every item you want autographed on every guest you want an autograph for is exorbitant. However, that's not Vic or really any of the VA's faults. IIRC, charging for autographs is a thing that came about to offload the cost of guests from the convention runners onto the congoers. Much like expecting customers to pay the waitress' paycheck alongside the price of the food, it should really be the responsibility of the con to pay for its guests, not the congoer.

OneHandClapping

EZ Lefty, just add 5.56
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Incidentally, I'm against the idea of congoers having to pay for autographs, because people pay anywhere from $60-200 for entry to the con in the first place and having to drop $20-50 on every item you want autographed on every guest you want an autograph for is exorbitant. However, that's not Vic or really any of the VA's faults. IIRC, charging for autographs is a thing that came about to offload the cost of guests from the convention runners onto the congoers. Much like expecting customers to pay the waitress' paycheck alongside the price of the food, it should really be the responsibility of the con to pay for its guests, not the congoer.
It depends on con to con and guest to guest.

The best model I've seen so far is one free autograph for ticket purchasers, but any additional autographs or services (voice/video recordings, for example) cost extra.

Viable cheap option for those without the money, and those who want to pay a premium, can.