Weeb Wars / AnimeGate / #KickVic / #IStandWithVic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

AnOminous

shalom motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Joseph was hated by his 12 brothers because God gave him a vision that they would one day bow before him.
I'm pretty sure Joseph was one of 12 brothers and therefore only had 11 himself. Also depends on how you count because they were half-brothers (except for one).

Riku

kiwifarms.net
Let's put it into context:
Joseph was hated by his 11 brothers because God gave him a vision that they would one day bow before him.
Joseph was also dearly loved by his father (as evident when Joseph received a coat of many colors from him), so they couldn't do anything to him openly.
Still, they hatched a plot to secretly get rid of him.
The brothers isolated Joseph and shoved him into a pit.
Some suggested they kill Joseph, but one of them suggested he be sold into slavery instead.
So, they sold Joseph to some slavers heading to Egypt.
They then tore up Joseph's prized coat and splattered animal blood on it so they could lie to their father that Joseph was killed by a wild animal.

As for Joseph, he endured the life of a slave and was eventually brought into the house of Potiphar, the captain of the Pharoh's Guard.
Joseph worked hard and eventually earned Potiphar's trust to watch his household in his absence.
Unfortunately, Potiphar's wife lusted after Joseph and tried to seduce him.
Joseph rejected her advances, but was #MeToo'd as a result.
Joseph was then thrown into prison.

While Joseph was in prison, God gave him the ability to interpret dreams.
There he interpreted the dreams of the former royal baker and the former cup bearer.
He foretold that the baker would die, but the cup bearer would be restored to his position.
Joseph asked the cup bearer that when this came to pass to remember him.
The cup bearer did not remember Joseph until the Pharoh himself started having troubling dreams.

At the cup bearer's recommendation, Joseph was brought before Pharoh to interpret his dreams.
Joseph explained that the Pharoh was being shown a 14 year event: 7 years of prosperity, followed by 7 years of famine.
He advised that Egypt should stockpile supplies that would last them through the 7 years of famine.
Pharoh would put Joseph in charge of the necessary preparations, making Joseph his right hand in the operation.

During the famine years, Joseph learned of some foreigners that entered Egypt: his brothers (plus a younger brother he never met).
So, Joseph prepared a test for them involving framing the younger brother for stealing the royal cup - to see how far they were willing to save their brother.
Eventually, the brothers came before him. Guess what they did? They BOWED BEFORE HIM to plead mercy for their younger brother.
During this, Joseph revealed his true identity and shocked them.
Joseph was merciful and no harm was done to his brothers (Joseph eventually reunited with his father, too).

I'm starting to think it isn't a coincidence that Vic's middle name is Joseph.
Once again, thanks for the clarifications.
Uhm...wasn't this made as a toon movie years back? The plot does ringle some bells within me, think I've saw it. :thinking:
Just searched it, yep it was The Prince of Egypt prequel by Dreamworks, titled infact "Joseph: King of Dreams" from the Genesis, welp now I'm feeling old, damn it. :feels:

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm starting to think it isn't a coincidence that Vic's middle name is Joseph.
Even though it's a common name (popularity's steadily declining, however), "Joseph" is a blessed name, I feel like, and not just because it's a biblical name. From "Yosef", "he will add", it makes for good guidance during rough times, but promises greatness (albeit not necessarily of the positive kind, see Joseph Stalin). This is also interesting to note:

In the Middle Ages, Joseph was a common Jewish name, being less frequent among Christians. In the late Middle Ages Saint Joseph became more highly revered, and the name became popular in Spain and Italy.

So through his Italian heritage, he's pretty much named after a saint. His mom really wanted him to remember his name and treat it with respect. Middle names get unfairly overlooked.

Riku

kiwifarms.net
Even though it's a common name (popularity's steadily declining, however), "Joseph" is a blessed name, I feel like, and not just because it's a biblical name. From "Yosef", "he will add", it makes for good guidance during rough times, but promises greatness (albeit not necessarily of the positive kind, see Joseph Stalin). This is also interesting to note:

So through his Italian heritage, he's pretty much named after a saint. His mom really wanted him to remember his name and treat it with respect. Middle names get unfairly overlooked.
I can confirm this, as the italian counterpart of Joseph which is Giuseppe is still quite common especially in the older generations, now is less used yet still pretty common name for males just like Maria is for females.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can confirm this, as the italian counterpart of Joseph which is Giuseppe is still quite common especially in the older generations, now is less used yet still pretty common name for males just like Maria is for females.
Just for fun:
2020-10-20 17.58.24 www.behindthename.com 57ddbb9fcc83.png
2020-10-20 17.57.59 www.behindthename.com b6b3450e01d9.png

Funny how alternate spellings/cultures change people's perception of a name.

2020-10-20 17.59.05 www.behindthename.com f9c514244b4b.png

giraffes on coffee

Believe all ho ho hoes
kiwifarms.net
Vic actually said in a cameo that his middle name is spelled with a G. It's possible his middle name is Giuseppe but he pronounces it Joseph. If that's the case it's odd he never corrected the court documents. But it's not a big deal so whatever.

Last edited:
Vic's announcement started with the story of Joseph and the coat of many colors. A story of how Joseph was sold into slavery, but God used that for good. Vic parallels this past year with what happened to him. Vic wondered if God's purpose was to see how he would respond (test his faith).
If tests is a thing that Vic sees this as, I’d hate to see what he sees as the story of Job.

Dean Pentel

White, meek, totally non-threatening
kiwifarms.net
BT has a similar issue but in reverse. You see, his full name is Brian Thompson and if you search for that, the main result is an actor who looks not only more based than him but seems to have a respectable career.

In fact, if you just search BT, the main result is the electronic musician who goes by the same name.
Hey, don't you fucking dare associate a treasure like Brian Transeau with weeb wars degenerates!

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tomorrow Vic is going to be on my friend's show to talk about faith and voice acting. Even if you don't care for religion, you might still enjoy hearing Vic speak. This is going to be live, so feel free to ask questions in the chat, although I doubt the host will ask anything pertaining to the lawsuit.

You posted this 3 times now. Stop.

Riku

kiwifarms.net
Just for fun:
View attachment 1676099View attachment 1676100
Funny how alternate spellings/cultures change people's perception of a name.

View attachment 1676102
True, that's quite corrected too, at least from what I recall the name's chosen mostly for those reasons, but I guess it's been used quite much in the past thanks to various famous figures named Giuseppe in our history here, like our actual President of Council of Ministers and since he's quite well-known thanks to Corochan especially, I believe the name's gonna return to popularity in a few years.
Vic actually said in a cameo that his middle name is spelled with a G. It's possible his middle name is Giuseppe but he pronounces it Joseph. If that's the case it's odd he never corrected the court documents. But it's not a big deal so whatever.
Not surprising, as he's still American living in the US, don't think it changes anything anyway, since his first name Victor is what matters the most along his surname.

MightyBiteySnake

DEPRESSED SNAKE DEPRESSED SNAKE
kiwifarms.net
He's got my vote! And who's his VP? Johnny Yong Bosch? Todd Haberkorn? Reuben Langdon? Chuck Huber? Dameon Clarke? Bryce Papenbrook? David Vincent?
Do you think if Chuck Huber had a political career that would be a big enough deal for @Ron Toye to finally drop those juicy details about his divorce that we were promised over a month ago?

Laundui_or_douchette?

kiwifarms.net
Do you think if Chuck Huber had a political career that would be a big enough deal for @Ron Toye to finally drop those juicy details about his divorce that we were promised over a month ago?
The juicy details being the exact same documents we have already got. And that definitely did not rise to the level of Ron Toye, who is a
- twice wife abuser
- child abuser
- manlet and cuck