Weeb Wars / AnimeGate / #KickVic / #IStandWithVic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

theworstkindofeurofag

kiwifarms.net
I like Vic and I'd never dispute his faith. However, him saying that his ruin at the hands of the Funimation clique was "God's plan" doesn't sit right with me. The only ones to blame for the destruction of his career are Monica, Ron and Marchi and he didn't deserve any of it.

I know that the thought of all of this being God's plan seems to be comforting to him, but I wish he didn't think like that. He didn't deserve to have his career taken from him. I wish he could've continued working in the industry which he loves so much.

LawTwitter is Dumb

Twitter is dumb, but Law Twitter is far dumber
kiwifarms.net
I like Vic and I'd never dispute his faith. However, him saying that his ruin at the hands of the Funimation clique was "God's plan" doesn't sit right with me. The only ones to blame for the destruction of his career are Monica, Ron and Marchi and he didn't deserve any of it.

I know that the thought of all of this being God's plan seems to be comforting to him, but I wish he didn't think like that. He didn't deserve to have his career taken from him. I wish he could've continued working in the industry which he loves so much.
he could’ve been casted out of it to get away from all the shit that’s happening to them now. With all the pedophiles and abusers that have been hiding in Funimation and rooster teeth for years.

MCG_Raven

kiwifarms.net

Vic is a pretty extreme christian and among these it isn't uncommon to think god planned everything. You and i may find this weird but in the end whatever helps them sleep at night

ZombiU&Me

REEEjected abortion mascot
kiwifarms.net

I agree but honestly at this point Vic is between a rock and a hard place thanks to appeals. For now he's killing people with kindness and at least acting like he's doing better emotionally.

I'd happily see MoRon and co get their dues but I think Vic is just trying not to get worked up over it while nothing is happening. He doesn't work with those two-faced pedo-protectors anymore so he's better off. I see his message to be more akin to him saying "shit happens but I'm not going to let it stop me from enjoying what I do have."

Not A Bug

I'm not a <insert sperg here> I tell ya!
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
Vic is a pretty extreme christian and among these it isn't uncommon to think god planned everything. You and i may find this weird but in the end whatever helps them sleep at night
I can't find anything in Scriptures that suggests that God normally has a plan for each person.

What I do find is that God has A plan and sometimes he will use someone to forward that plan. AND He takes takes time to hear (and often answering them) the prayers of believers.

One thing I know is God will not answer a prayer that will be contrary to his purpose. So to paraphrase the adage, "Be careful what you pray for as it may not be what you think it is."

It's frustrating to us but God doesn't consult us in the execution of His plan for His creation. So when Vic prayed that he wanted to be an example for God and to be in a position to spread the Gospel, he saw it one way but God is going to use it to the maximum effect and in this case, trying Vic so that he can be an example and be ultimately more effective.

Scripture tells us that all things work to the good for those that love the Lord. It doesn't say that all things are good but that they will be worked to the good. You all are correct in tat God didn't do this to Vic; Monica, Jamie, Ron et al caused all this in the most vile and wicked ways.

But as Vic loves the Lord, God is using that to the good and as Vic continues to weather all of this and grows in his faith, God is honoring Vic's prayer but not the way Vic thought it would go. In my opinion, though I wouldn't ever want this for Vic, he's having a larger impact.

All that autism for this TL;DR:

I think Vic's message was poignant and his situation is analogous to Joseph's.

Dean Pentel

White, meek, totally non-threatening
kiwifarms.net

I just asked God, and He said Vic was supposed to learn that violence, while not the solution for every problem, is absolutely the solution for many problems, especially ones like this.

giraffes on coffee

Believe all ho ho hoes
kiwifarms.net
I agree but honestly at this point Vic is between a rock and a hard place thanks to appeals. For now he's killing people with kindness and at least acting like he's doing better emotionally.

I'd happily see MoRon and co get their dues but I think Vic is just trying not to get worked up over it while nothing is happening. He doesn't work with those two-faced pedo-protectors anymore so he's better off. I see his message to be more akin to him saying "shit happens but I'm not going to let it stop me from enjoying what I do have."
What bothered me the most is he said he still has pictures in his phone of all these people...

Sweetheart....delete those...

Nontransferable

kiwifarms.net

ANN's article was updated yesterday to include a statement from Funimation. This is probably all we are going to get.
Funimation announced today that voice actor Chris Thurman will no longer be engaged by the dub producer for any current or future productions.
1603300801463.png

Funimation claims to have announced this, but that sentence in the ANN article appears to be their only public comment. I like his a bit better,
1603300972458.png

Last edited:

TexOffender

Whatever happens, happens
kiwifarms.net

AnOminous

shalom motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

I've never been particularly fond of it but the story of Job may be relevant. This is one of those that made me decide religion itself was dumb, though. Yet hear me out on this. Despite all his trials and tribulations, Job simply could never be bent to the will of Satan, or do wrong, or even call out God. Also, Vic may not have chosen his task, but his suffering has made absolutely vile people suffer for their crimes, with nothing but suffering visible in their future no matter what happens in court. We're seeing Funimation pay for its iniquity every day. As ye sow, so shall ye reap. Motherfuckers.

giraffes on coffee

Believe all ho ho hoes
kiwifarms.net
Well, that YouTube faith stream was good but a tad disappointing. Fans were supposed to send in questions and the hosts brought in an atheist friend and he took half the stream fangirling all over Vic.

Vic said a lot of good things though and some of it was repetitive of last night.

Here's a link if you wanna listen.

Edit: Btw I don't think this counts as late because due to tech issues, they went live on a new link.

Last edited:

Hotfartz :)

Too much smoke getting blown up my asshole!
kiwifarms.net
So is Vic going to open up his own recording studio and prepare for the next seven years for when the "dubbing famine" happens later in the 2020s, in which the FUNimation cast will come crawling back to him and beg for forgiveness?
If that happens, I hope to God he doesn't feel sorry for them and let them in.

Last edited:

Jelly Duvall

RIP Kirby Morrow 1973 - 2020
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

His Christianity is definitely a big factor as to his downfall. You just can't admit that you are religious or else earn the wrath of millennial and stuff