Weeb Wars / AnimeGate / #KickVic / #IStandWithVic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

Aqua Panda

I've seen horrors… horrors that you've seen.
kiwifarms.net
So has there been any news about shakeups at Funimation?

The unfolding Ron/Monica house saga is making me think covid has been a death sentance to the Texas dubbing industry.

I could easily seen Sony gutting Funi and outsourcing to LA places after how bad the pandemic has hit the entertainment industry.

Toyman99x

kiwifarms.net
So! Thanks to Facebooks lovely Memories feature I can give some receipts! Faisal claimed I said I was gonna quit AWA if I had to work with Vic because he “wasn’t who I thought he was”.
Survey says... the receipts prove otherwise!
Prior to AWA 2014 I had already asked not to be Vic’s handler. Here’s the email exchange I had about securing a handler for Vic for AWA 2014View attachment 1688669

AWA 2014 was Sept 26-28th

I made this announcement a month AFTER AWA 2014. It was, conveniently, the first year after the new management took over... so... What conclusion do we draw?

EriMin. You got AWA (Faisal) a handler for Vic for that year. Plus that new person took care of their own transportation. Said person would be staying with you in a room that you paid for. What did Faisal / AWA offer other than a badge?

I think I know the answer.

Lone MacReady

Real Money
kiwifarms.net
The unfolding Ron/Monica house saga is making me think covid has been a death sentance to the Texas dubbing industry.

I could easily seen Sony gutting Funi and outsourcing to LA places after how bad the pandemic has hit the entertainment industry.
Definite possibilities. One thing is certain, Soyny is a fucking trash business, and every branch they own is losing money - with the exception of their gaming shit. Until recently that is, now even what made them some money is gonna die off in a one-two combo of the Coof economy and the Gaming public at large finally dumping Sony over their Censorship/big brother-tier audio recording shit. Funimation running under Soyny's arm in the first place was an obvious move of desperation to counter the Amazons and Netflixs spreading their tendrils into animu. Getting some extra spending money from Soyny was likely a small windfall for Funi, up until their shitty practices finally came back to bite them with the Vic lawsuit. Funi has been bleeding fans and cash since then, and what's worse, they have doubled down on the WOKE, just like their Daddy Soyny.

Just as you said, Sony gutting Funi and dragging their asses with them to the dying social-project state known as Commiefornia seems plausible. If that doesn't happen, I can easily see Funi languishing in their mediocrity until bankruptcy sets in and they are closed entirely or sold to another company within the next 5 years... Sooner if Vic's lawsuit is actually seen through to the end. All I know is that Viz and Sentai are loving Funi's recent decisions. Regardless of their office politics, Funi used to know what buttered their bread - Shonen and Ecchi. Ishuzoku Reviewers being gimped showed you Funi is sacrificing 1 of those two tenants to the WOKE twitter mob. Wonder how much longer they will be able to survive as a WOKE shonen-licensing middleman, especially since we are entering a global post-coof lockdown depression.

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
Definite possibilities. One thing is certain, Soyny is a fucking trash business, and every branch they own is losing money - with the exception of their gaming shit. Until recently that is, now even what made them some money is gonna die off in a one-two combo of the Coof economy and the Gaming public at large finally dumping Sony over their Censorship/big brother-tier audio recording shit. Funimation running under Soyny's arm in the first place was an obvious move of desperation to counter the Amazons and Netflixs spreading their tendrils into animu. Getting some extra spending money from Soyny was likely a small windfall for Funi, up until their shitty practices finally came back to bite them with the Vic lawsuit. Funi has been bleeding fans and cash since then, and what's worse, they have doubled down on the WOKE, just like their Daddy Soyny.

Just as you said, Sony gutting Funi and dragging their asses with them to the dying social-project state known as Commiefornia seems plausible. If that doesn't happen, I can easily see Funi languishing in their mediocrity until bankruptcy sets in and they are closed entirely or sold to another company within the next 5 years... Sooner if Vic's lawsuit is actually seen through to the end. All I know is that Viz and Sentai are loving Funi's recent decisions. Regardless of their office politics, Funi used to know what buttered their bread - Shonen and Ecchi. Ishuzoku Reviewers being gimped showed you Funi is sacrificing 1 of those two tenants to the WOKE twitter mob. Wonder how much longer they will be able to survive as a WOKE shonen-licensing middleman, especially since we are entering a global post-coof lockdown depression.
There's no way Funimation isn't affected by the pandemic, especially when Disney has taken a huge financial bath this year despite the presence of Disney+. Their main source of income and revenue, the conventions, were either cancelled or postponed the following year. Their virtual conventions aren't exactly setting their profits on fire. And then there's the lawsuit, which has become a public black eye no matter how much their braindead simps try to spin it. Somebody once said that, even if Funimation wins the lawsuit, they should've settled, and this is the reason why. Because even if they decide to try to win back their old fans, why would those fans spend their hard-earned money on the same company that called them "Nazis", "misogynists" or "rape apologists"?

I personally don't think Funimation is going out of business (for now). Rightly and wrongly, it is the biggest anime distribution company in America and if it goes under, then it's a huge blow to the industry. Even Sony can't be as naive as to throw it away and not change it. But if the conventions remain cancelled the following year and the money returns get shorter and shorter, then it's a possibility. Maybe firing a guy to please some bitter whales and comparing your former fans to the Third Reich wasn't such a smart idea.

PorkeyDuck

kiwifarms.net
I thought Monica "doesn't care" and Jamie is "owning" those evil misogynists.
jhvxystreui896.png

"none of those are threats. mean comments, but not threats and not illegal."
Wtf is up with these speds downplaying this shit...?
Wasn't there a chimp out last year of some unknown retarded faggot tweeted wishing someone would kill Monica and Jamie...?
lkjhfdtuy587o.png

"You mean saying that Vic is responsible for Vic and no one else to blame?"
How the fuck is that kiwifarms is blamed for the suicide of like 3(?) people yet no one is to blame if Vic kills himself...?
kugdeyt4iuu.png

Riku

kiwifarms.net
Besides the usual perpetual lunacy of KV, this Dee dumbass just made me ROTFL with her "We have standards." line, WHAT STANDARDS!? Project their own shit onto others, double standards when things are bad for their side and actually shield&excuse or blatantly ignore REAL monsters like Ron+that recent discovered&fired pedo Chris Thurman+Sarah's Wiendershit pedo brother who totally deserved a just process yet he declared himself GUILTY on the very first hearing+that con chair who boasted about banning Vic that was charged for CP TWICE and jailed for it in 2 different occasions?? Heck yeah, KV REALLY has some epic standards, only a serial killer would find that agreeable. :story: :lunacy:

Last edited:
View attachment 1689945

Wasn't there a chimp out last year of some unknown retarded faggot tweeted wishing someone would kill Monica and Jamie...?
View attachment 1689950

How the fuck is that kiwifarms is blamed for the suicide of like 3(?) people yet no one is to blame if Vic kills himself...?
View attachment 1689956
What is it with these idiots belittling death wishes? I thought they wanted Vic to get help?

Last edited:

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Ooh, just reminds me that Sentai Filmworks is still gonna be out there. If FUNimation voice-actors are going to move to LA, they're going to leave Sentai behind. Their pool's not as big as-is, but it's going to make their dubs non-existent unless they can get new talent to fill in for them. They seem to be doing just fine with sub-only releases, though, but I don't see them dropping dubbing so easily.

Like it's gonna be no big loss to have Monica leave Sentai, but like I've kept saying, she does better at Sentai than at FUNimation because Sentai at least gives me that feeling they actually give a shit, and so they have better voice-directors there. The To-Love RU debacle has been their only controversy that could potentially harm sales, they've otherwise been a fine studio who actually caters to their audience.

Dopey Cunt

Quite shocking indeed!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't there some twat who basically said she wanted Vic to kill himself and then when poeple called her out on it, she started chimping and backpeddaling and screaming about people putting words into her mouth even though she literally said she wouldn't mind if he ended up dead in some ditch or something?

Drowningman

Kung pao chicken Faggots.
kiwifarms.net

DC Comics under Warner Brothers/ ATT shut down the New York HQ and moved everyhting to LA where it's all much closer so their deparments can work more efferent and cut cost but bring in more profits. I can see Sony doing this and making the funi section move to be closer to the main company so everything can be watched and made sure things work as they should.

Then COVID really shook up the entertainment business is a very bad way which it will never recover from.

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1689945

View attachment 1689950

View attachment 1689956
LOL, what the fuck? "We have standards". Your standards are as fucked up as your ugly face.

Why the fuck should Vic apologize for his fans going after your heroes when Monica refused to apologize for her fans calling him pedophile, gloating about his career destroyed and wanting him dead? When you had Jamie Marchi wishing that he was beheaded or castrated? Or Amanda Winn Lee wanting a fan to get raped. Or fat, penis-headed degenerates like Jamie McGonnigal, Shannon McCormick and Greg Doucette calling Vic a sexual predator and his fans rape apologists. Or Leah Clark comparing him Harvey Weinstein? Where was the outrage about all this? Why are you blatantly condemning one side's behavior while ignoring yours?

You know what, Dee? Fuck you. Take your "standards" and shove it up your ass.

Where is the email? Where's the source? Why don't you stupid motherfuckers stop playing games and show the actual proof in the form of an actual email?

And by the way, everybody from both sides condemned these morons. But I didn't see you losers condemn your side for going after Vic's mother or trying to dox Rekieta and falsely implicate him for financial fraud.

Doomslayer, go slay yourself.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

If you remember Funimation did some layoffs last year and there were rumors of an office being set up in LA then.

LOL, what the fuck? "We have standards". Your standards are as fucked up as your ugly face.

Why the fuck should Vic apologize for his fans going after your heroes when Monica refused to apologize for her fans calling him pedophile, gloating about his career destroyed and wanting him dead? When you had Jamie Marchi wishing that he was beheaded or castrated? Or Amanda Winn Lee wanting a fan to get raped. Or fat, penis-headed degenerates like Jamie McGonnigal, Shannon McCormick and Greg Doucette calling Vic a sexual predator and his fans rape apologists. Or Leah Clark comparing him Harvey Weinstein? Where was the outrage about all this? Why are you blatantly condemning one side's behavior while ignoring yours?

You know what, Dee? Fuck you. Take your "standards" and shove it up your ass.
Standards?
KickVic?
Excuse while I go look for a Jameson Laugh GIF.

Last edited:

EriMin

kiwifarms.net
EriMin. You got AWA (Faisal) a handler for Vic for that year. Plus that new person took care of their own transportation. Said person would be staying with you in a room that you paid for. What did Faisal / AWA offer other than a badge?

I think I know the answer.
If you think the answer is “They offered absolutely fucking nothing” then you are correct! They stopped giving any hotel room reimbursement by saying they provided “reduced price” rooms over at the Sheraton.
Yeah... because guest relations staff really need to stay more than a 20~30 minute walk away from their guests... They demand you be available Wed-Mon, be at the beck and call of the guests, and in my case be there to put out any fires the other handlers have, but stopped giving any kind of reimbursement other than the free badge which you don’t get to use if you’re in Guest Relations because you’re expected to be tethered to your guest the entire weekend.
Yeah... I’m sure that played zero part in me wanting to leave...