Weeb Wars / AnimeGate / #KickVic / #IStandWithVic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

Jelly Duvall

Barbara...what did you do?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Screenshot_20201121-144119_Facebook.jpg
Update from his brother

Slamerella

Impossible to get rid of.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1731946

https://archive.md/zbgIa

It's happening again. This is why we can't have nice things.
Karen Strassman voices Anna from Fire Emblem, a "Nurse Joy" if you will, that's a shop keeper across dimensions, continents, and literally aeons, who is always looking for a profit, even if it means sexually exploiting a future king or her own comrades.

Now THAT'S method acting.

TexOffender

Whatever happens, happens
kiwifarms.net

Son of Sparda 84

kiwifarms.net

Captain Manning

Good luck, kid.
kiwifarms.net
I remember that Beta Tard was like "Anyone notice that Vic Mignogna is like the only VA that hasn't said anything about Black Lives Matter since this all started? Not really shocking. I guess when your fans constantly worship you like you're the only thing that matters, kinda hard to stand up for anything else." and "Their fans aren't using this opportunity to make their careers matter more than Black people getting killed by police".
Vic was (briefly) a cop. He probably grasps it's a shit job where you have to deal with shit people (and can die in the course of doing so). A good chunk of Twitter doesn't get that as they call for defunding the police (like idiots).

Interesting thing is I think a guy like Vic might actually make a good CIT training officer. There are stories of him talking back people from the abyss. He seems the type that would genuinely want to help his community, rather than the "bully with a badge" type that is genuinely problematic. He'd be part of the change the screetching autists purport to want. Not that they're smart enough to see the wisdom in hiring more people like Vic to keep the peace.

Dumb Bitch Smoothie

Weeb Wars' "Remote Assistance" Team Leader
kiwifarms.net

OneHandClapping

And for you, gay pants
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Vic was (briefly) a cop. He probably grasps it's a shit job where you have to deal with shit people (and can die in the course of doing so). A good chunk of Twitter doesn't get that as they call for defunding the police (like idiots).

Interesting thing is I think a guy like Vic might actually make a good CIT training officer. There are stories of him talking back people from the abyss. He seems the type that would genuinely want to help his community, rather than the "bully with a badge" type that is genuinely problematic. He'd be part of the change the screetching autists purport to want. Not that they're smart enough to see the wisdom in hiring more people like Vic to keep the peace.
We all know that, if Vic every becomes Officer Lasagna again, he's going to be making infomercials and training videos.

For God's sake, that's exactly what he was doing in the 80s.

1606015769376.png

Memes aside, assuming he's as effective at communicating with psychotic druggies as he is with painfully awkward weebs, it could be a good spot for him.

OneHandClapping

And for you, gay pants
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is there a way to check when it was a Twitch account was first created?
Socialblade looks like it can, at least circumstantially.

He only had 4 followers around early September 2020. You can make the assumption that was around the time he made the account.
1606022132383.png

For reference, Rackets. 3 followers late August 2018, and his followers count blew up in mid 2019, at the height of the Vic saga.

1606022190315.png

Jelly Duvall

Barbara...what did you do?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Syaoran Li

Anime Goth Mom
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You are so full of shit, OMG. You didn’t utter a peep when Vic was publicly assailed for almost two years but you’re willing to defend a nobody VA from “harassment”, despite the fact that he confirmed what he did and the evidence to back it up.

Also, “people get labeled nowadays”. Go fuck yourself, Stephanie Shit. You are the most pathetic VA I’ve ever seen.

Optimistic theory here, but is it possible that she's taking this new stance because of how badly she handled the Vic situation? I doubt it, but the only reason I wouldn't completely deem it 100% impossible is due to JYB.

Stephanie Sheh is supposedly close friends with Johnny Yong Bosch and the two more or less entered the anime VA industry at the same time. It's possible after her spats with Vic on Twitter, JYB talked to her and tried to put things into context.

Johnny is also probably the most prolific of the VA's to support Vic as opposed to condemn him outright or pay the bare minimum lip service and then keep their heads down to avoid wrath from the higher-ups in the industry (Michelle Ruff), sit on the fence and play both sides (Chuck Hueber) or see it as a trash fire that doesn't concern them and wisely stay out of this entirely (Laura Bailey)

Probably way too optimistic that she quietly changed her mind and it's more likely she's just trying to play safe and this is an awkward attempt at pragmatism and avoiding a repeat of her comments on Vic.

Everyone in that discussion was a mistake. Still wished Sheh had the backbone to go full AWL so a wave of Vicspeds and Youtube grifters would have reason to mind break her into a proper lolcow.

I think Sheh hasn't gone full AWL because she's got more self-control than Mandy and unlike AWL, she still has an actual career and too many iconic roles (Hinata, Orihime, Sailor Moon) for her to self-destruct while the only notable roles that AWL has are Rei Ayanami, Rally Vincent, and some chick from Persona.

Rei can easily be recast and has been multiple times and same goes for the Persona roles while Gunsmith Cats is a relic of the early 90's and has faded into obscurity.