Weeb Wars / AnimeGate / #KickVic / #IStandWithVic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
I doubt they're even aware of Gamergate. Maybe some westaboos are vaguely aware of it. In any event, it doesn't matter. Most of the audience will have no fucking clue what the line is even about. This makes it a shit translation. Not only isn't it accurate, it just doesn't even make any sense now, much less 10 years from now. Jamie Marchi literally just threw it in because she's an obsessed cunt with some weird fetish about it.
Wanna know another show whose references haven't held up
Actually there's two

Those Who Hunt Elves
Ghost Stories

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
Actually there's two

Those Who Hunt Elves
Ghost Stories
Ghost Stories lives on for being unabashedly offensive despite dated references. Those Who Hunt Elves... hasn't. Been watching it, and it's weird. Probably embodies the worst of ADV and of the time period it was dubbed in. I think it's inoffensive (but that may just be me being able to put up with gag dubs), but I can see why people would take issue with it. I like how the three ANN reviews of its VHS and DVD releases are complete mixed bags, leaving it up to the consumer to decide to watch or skip.

At the very least, those two shows didn't insert bullshit IDpol; Ghost Stories' dub was close, but it still made fun of itself.

For another series with dated references, Samurai Pizza Cats kinda gives me an Animaniacs-feel. Like it's pretty '90s in its references, but it's not overwhelming.

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
Ghost Stories lives on for being unabashedly offensive despite dated references. Those Who Hunt Elves... hasn't. Been watching it, and it's weird. Probably embodies the worst of ADV and of the time period it was dubbed in. I think it's inoffensive (but that may just be me being able to put up with gag dubs), but I can see why people would take issue with it. I like how the three ANN reviews of its VHS and DVD releases are complete mixed bags, leaving it up to the consumer to decide to watch or skip.

At the very least, those two shows didn't insert bullshit IDpol; Ghost Stories' dub was close, but it still made fun of itself.

For another series with dated references, Samurai Pizza Cats kinda gives me an Animaniacs-feel. Like it's pretty '90s in its references, but it's not overwhelming.
TWHE with their references to Meryl Streep and BSB and Britney Spears virginity.....

Captain Manning

Good luck, kid.
Actually there's two

Those Who Hunt Elves
Ghost Stories
You never put contemporary references in your script if you want the show the remain "evergreen."

Never.

Ghost Stories was kinda funny, but years from now people aren't gonna know half the jokes, and the other half is gonna be lambasted by SJWs. They actually shot themselves in both feet on that one. Not that it matters much in a business sense. They probably made their money. It matters in a legacy sense though.

Ghost Stories lives on for being unabashedly offensive despite dated references. Those Who Hunt Elves... hasn't. Been watching it, and it's weird.
Watch it subbed. It's okay in subbed form. I must confess I like them elf girls though.

Mister Y2

Mister Y too
It was strange, but to most of the world, except gamergate folks, gamergate is a bad thing.

To most of the world, almost to the entirety of the world in fact, gamergate doesn't exist.
The world doesn't revolves around Twitter drama, especially not the world outside of the US.

The narcissism of Twitter's users trully knows no bound...
Which one of those self absorbed addicts are you?

I love being called a troll on a site dedicated to trolling

KF isn't dedicated to trolling, try again.

EDIT: By the way, this aged poorly quite quickly:
Good to see that attempting to discredit me for quoting your tweets is your only defense.
You think posts here are called tweets? Hmmm. Really gets the noggin' joggin'.
How dare someone mistype. Definitely makes them LT.
So... Still wanna pretends that you're not from lawtwitter?
By the way, did you notice how Captain Manning didn't even mention LT in his post?
Yet your immediate reaction was to try to discredict any assumption that you could be part of LT.
Funny, isn't it?

Last edited:

Captain Manning

Good luck, kid.
So... Still wanna pretends that you're not from lawtwitter?
By the way, did you notice how Captain Manning didn't even mention LT in his post?
Yet your immediate reaction was to try to discredict any assumption that you could be part of LT.
Funny, isn't it?
I didn't even float the theory to begin with. @MightyBiteySnake did on their profile. I just suggested that maaaaaybe it's true.

I mean, when they're calling posts here "tweets," and trying to convince people that LT is a very loose confederation of people that would be at each other's throats if not for Vic's crimes against humanity (and thus we should absolutely put stock in what they say), well... let's just say the noggin' gets joggin'. Things like that practically invite the speculation. I don't think I'm alone in this, or that it's entirely uncalled for.

Screenshot_20201130-122500.png

No.

Might be because his accusers haven't even attempted to bring charges against him.

P.S. I assumed @DRHaste23 to be a troll after they claimed that Vic man bad risked other people's lives by removing his mask at a convention for five seconds to take a photo with fans.

Captain Manning

Good luck, kid.
P.S. I assumed @DRHaste23 to be a troll after they claimed that Vic man bad risked other people's lives by removing his mask at a convention for five seconds to take a photo with fans.
They're obviously a troll. The question is whether they're something like KV or LT in addition to that.

That smug comment about using my "tweets" against me is a really interesting mistake.

Then there's the fact they have an anime avatar, as is customary here, but don't seem to grasp how anime is licensed, and the common terms involved in that licensing.

Or that this is a "troll site."

Instead of finding them maddening, I'm starting to find them fascinating.

ogmudbone

I put on my robe and wizard hat.
What is with your weird obsession of wanting Tewson to join The Farms?
So we can milk the cow.

I doubt they're even aware of Gamergate. Maybe some westaboos are vaguely aware of it. In any event, it doesn't matter. Most of the audience will have no fucking clue what the line is even about. This makes it a shit translation. Not only isn't it accurate, it just doesn't even make any sense now, much less 10 years from now. Jamie Marchi literally just threw it in because she's an obsessed cunt with some weird fetish about it.
You know, im a gamer and a fan of anime not really a weeabo, i have my favorites but i dont go looking for new series. I hadnt even heard of gamergate until i came here to view this whole vic nonsense last year! Which shows a) how little i gave a shit about current happenings, and b) how little gamergate fucking mattered in the first place.

Plays With Squirrels

Any day that includes a long hug is a good day
Strange. Could have said the same thing about Vic~
Going to call you on that mother sperg.

They had already destroyed vic before he said anything. Follow the timeline.

Anything those whales get is pure karma.
how dare vic be authentic with his fans. how dare he care about them. Vic man bad. Sabat man good. Sit on couch for role. Get woke and get job

The Decimator

Yes, Master!

The worst of ADV’s “gag” dubs has to be Super Milk-Chan. They made two dubs; one for airing on Adult Swim that was more faithful to the Japanese version, and the one they released on DVD, which was barely even the same show. In this dub, the main character is turned into a sociopathic asshole (keep in mind that she is supposed to be a very young child), some voice actors are switched around, and they filmed cringeworthy live-action scenes around the ADV offices.

The Token Ethnic

A Profound Hatred of Man
The worst of ADV’s “gag” dubs has to be Super Milk-Chan. They made two dubs; one for airing on Adult Swim that was more faithful to the Japanese version, and the one they released on DVD, which was barely even the same show. In this dub, the main character is turned into a sociopathic asshole (keep in mind that she is supposed to be a very young child), some voice actors are switched around, and they filmed cringeworthy live-action scenes around the ADV offices.
I still have the DVDs. The scenes where Hilary Haag was pretending to be a diva in the ADV office were pretty bad, but I like her voice acting.
IndelibleFamousDonkey-max-1mb.gif

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
Wasn't that how the original Super Milk-chan was, with the live-action segments? Least it gave us a good look into ADV's office building, I honestly appreciate that, but yeah, voice-acting being shitty actors was no real surprise there. The gag dub of Super Milk-chan was fucking fantastic, though; it's funny, too, how Monica Rial was Tetsuko-- for the shittier boring dub version. :story: God bless Marcy Bannor.

Last edited: