Weeb Wars / AnimeGate / #KickVic / #IStandWithVic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

This is why sometimes, ISWV is no different from KV. They take something that’s a non-issue and turn it into a serious issue. Seriously, just drop this shit and move on.

Sorta off topic but I found something interesting in the Quinton Flynn stuff. So Richard Epcar (Voice of Jigen from Lupin and Ansem in Kingdom Hearts) was recently informed about Quinton and his misdeeds. His repsonse was

ErtOpyqW4AEU2_S.png
However going through this was a little lie
ErtOvy9WMAEnIKJ.jpeg
They even follow each other

ErtWobnXAAcHBqF.jpeg
ErtWolJW4AEh9Le.jpeg
Kinda shows that no one is your friend in this industry

KickVic is still adamant as hell about this place being a hangout for ISWV, when it's been disproven time and time again.

These morons probably couldn't do even half-assed research to see that when the news broke about RT letting Vic go, and then Monica's ambiguous tweets before "IT HAPPENED TO ME!" that everyone truly did believe he was a sex pest pervert which had users reacting accordingly about such news until people started to look closer into this closely.

There are also several ISWV faces that ended up with threads on here like their KV counterparts, and a thread dedicated to ISWV having its own hugbox where they've been made fun of on here. Vic may have supporters on here but ones who are entirely separate from ISW and have a neutral stance, while sitting back and laughing at the KV sideshow circus.
Funny thing is that I made the suggestion that Ken Jennings should do an assessment on Vic Nick, and Ty a long ass while ago to see if he can catch something off about them.

GenericReviewerDraco

Fluffy Major Anna
Sorta off topic but I found something interesting in the Quinton Flynn stuff. So Richard Epcar (Voice of Jigen from Lupin and Ansem in Kingdom Hearts) was recently informed about Quinton and his misdeeds. His repsonse was

View attachment 1848065
View attachment 1848066

View attachment 1848072
View attachment 1848074
I know Epcar as two Digimon bad guys (Elvis Impersonator Monkey and Cancerous Undying Vampire), the MK Raiden, and Batou. Damn, he's throwing Flynn under the bus like a pussy (At least his selfish paranoia is kinda justified knowing how idiotic #MeToo is.)

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan

View attachment 1848065
View attachment 1848066

View attachment 1848072
View attachment 1848074
I'm still going to hold out hope Epcar is based af, though, he might be wise enough to not get involved (publicly) and is only saying that as it's the safest way to stay out of it. If VAs are being tagged by folks like thatSLAYERchick about this, one: that's really shitty and it's none of SLAYERchick's fucking business, and two: this industry has proven that if they actually had a problem/a bone to pick with someone like Quinton, they'd have announced it publicly in some form or another on social media. Bringing something like that to their attention comes off as an invasion no one asked for unless there's legit personal concerns such as that VA's children being involved with said-accused.

I'm still going to hold out hope Epcar is based af, though, he might be wise enough to not get involved (publicly) and is only saying that as it's the safest way to stay out of it. If VAs are being tagged by folks like thatSLAYERchick about this, one: that's really shitty and it's none of SLAYERchick's fucking business, and two: this industry has proven that if they actually had a problem/a bone to pick with someone like Quinton, they'd have announced it publicly in some form or another on social media. Bringing something like that to their attention comes off as an invasion no one asked for unless there's legit personal concerns such as that VA's children being involved with said-accused.
Exactly. This might be an attempt to brush aside the angry mob so what happened in with the Funi crew doesn't spread. Or maybe he's throwing him under the bus. Or maybe he legitimately doesn't know the guy too well or they had a falling out years ago and so new shit/drama doesn't concern Epcar because they have strictly a professional relationship. Plus it's not like dubbers spend time in the booth with one another, they're shoved into a closet by themselves for their lines and then they go about the rest of their day.

We can make guesses all day long but if someone doesn't sperg out we'll never know what's truly behind those words

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan

View attachment 1848065
View attachment 1848066

View attachment 1848072
View attachment 1848074
I can give you an entire crash course on Epcar. Lani Minella said he and his wife were not fun to work with, same with Mona Marshall.

Kari Kamiya

True & Honest Fan
Lani Minella said he and his wife were not fun to work with
I've read that Epcar's wife is a voice-actress herself, but I don't know in what, I guess mostly video games? 'Cause like the only anime I know of that she worked on with her husband was Genma Wars which is a dogshit anime only true masochists should watch, and I legit believe no one put their best foot forward with that dub.

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
I've read that Epcar's wife is a voice-actress herself, but I don't know in what, I guess mostly video games? 'Cause like the only anime I know of that she worked on with her husband was Genma Wars which is a dogshit anime only true masochists should watch, and I legit believe no one put their best foot forward with that dub.
Screenshot_20210115-003954_Messenger.jpg
Mind you this is a woman who's resume is on par with Jennifer Hale in terms of length

Kari Kamiya

True & Honest Fan
View attachment 1848571
Mind you this is a woman who's resume is on par with Jennifer Hale in terms of length
Had I not looked her up to know what she's done, I'd be a bit more skeptical. But her writing is giving me a mini-stroke and I'm kinda having a hard time figuring out exactly what she's complaining about (because it sounds more like she's whining Epcar and his wife wanted to work with voice-actors in person and for a specified amount of time; perhaps the way she worded that she works faster than an hour in her letter to them turned them off from hiring her).

Speaking of Tewson, it looks like the whale thinly disguised as Bettik got into it with Razorfist, who proceeded to mock her back.

Now I'm no fan of Razorfist and I find his musical tastes (particularly in heavy metal) to be deplorable, but I have to admit. I get a good kick at seeing a very popular YouTuber tear Kathryn down to size.

Archive in the link below looks like a mess, but this was the only way I could archive it quickly.

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 2.08.25 PM.png

Speaking of Tewson, it looks like the whale thinly disguised as Bettik got into it with Razorfist, who proceeded to mock her back.

Now I'm no fan of Razorfist and I find his musical tastes (particularly in heavy metal) to be deplorable, but I have to admit. I get a good kick at seeing a very popular YouTuber tear Kathryn down to size.

Archive in the link below looks like a mess, but this was the only way I could archive it quickly.

View attachment 1851225
It brings me a certain amount of sadistic joy when ever I remember that 4chan trolled a bunch of "journalists" with the "ok" sign