Weeb Wars / AnimeGate / #KickVic / #IStandWithVic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

I really appreciate that Vic posted something thoughtful and positive on mlk day.

I've seen so many divisive and hateful things getting posted yesterday, including stuff like: "white people, keep mlk out of your mouths", "mlk would have hated every single white person celebrating him on twitter today" etc.

Proves yet again that Vic is a good person.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
What acting career? (I only know he does Star Trek)
Would he ever do stage work
He has three movies in pre-production and three filming. I'm waiting on Fruit of the Poisonous Tree to get released as it sounds interesting. One of the things he's doing is Silent Hill Restless Dreams, a "short". Hopefully they managed to get some budget for this fan film. Stringer also sounds okay.

I think it would be cool if he went on Hallmark. Mostly because my mom likes watching bad christmas movies that all have the same plot and I personally will think it would be funny to make references to Vic's anime roles if she does end up watching something with Mr. Italian-Man in it
She'll want to watch all your animes then, and you'll have to her about your loli trap waifu.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
Vic will fit right in at Hallmark, but if the Christians running it find out he was involved in anime, they might give him a dirty look over it especially if he was involved in any series involving dreaded magic.

Fundies freak out over Harry Potter for witchcraft, so would that also mean they look down on alchemy as well?

Stick with subs, better to read than to get fed bullshit altered source material and to listen to cringy, TDS women past their prime.
I fear we may see more Vic like stories in the VA community now that The SJWs have a super majority of congress and Presidency. I mean they already went after two voice actors for clearly having different political opinions like Vic back in November. More will come i fear. Now that they got their guy in office. They now want to purge anyone with wrong think.

YoRHa No.2 Type B

Swords and thongs required.
True & Honest Fan
I fear we may see more Vic like stories in the VA community now that The SJWs have a super majority of congress and Presidency. I mean they already went after two voice actors for clearly having different political opinions like Vic back in November. More will come i fear. Now that they got their guy in office. They now want to purge anyone with wrong think.
Naturally, it's been in the writing for a long time, that's why I've largely stopped bothering to follow this shitshow. This affects any and all forms of the entertainment medium, so it doesn't come as a surprise to me anymore.

You're best off trying to get away from these localized sources and looking more at the original source.

This is all just a small cog in the big machine of purging.

Naturally, it's been in the writing for a long time, that's why I've largely stopped bothering following this shitshow. This affects any and all forms of the entertainment medium, so it doesn't come as a surprise to me anymore.

You're best off trying to get away from these localized sources and looking more at the original source.

This is all just a small cog in the big machine of purging.
Indeed. I never have had a problem with subtitles. So I'm fine with that.

Yes, I am well aware of this being a small cog of the big purging to come. I'm just telling everyone to prepare for more stories.

I do wonder who will be the next target.

She'll want to watch all your animes then, and you'll have to her about your loli trap waifu.
Lol, no she wouldn't. I've been trying to get her to watch chinese cartoons for decades and the times she has walked by one she makes fun of the dialogue (YGO never had good writing, and she swears up and down Hisagi is pronounced He's-a-gay).

Indeed. I never have had a problem with subtitles. So I'm fine with that.

Yes, I am well aware of this being a small cog of the big purging to come. I'm just telling everyone to prepare for more stories.

I do wonder who will be the next target.
Probably anyone with doubts to the Mignogna situation or kept their silence. Only saving grace a VA would have is to not have social media and unfortunately, social media is a great way to network.

76545678485763.png

67859645673.png

OneHandClapping

OneHeadButting
True & Honest Fan
Vic will fit right in at Hallmark, but if the Christians running it find out he was involved in anime, they might give him a dirty look over it especially if he was involved in any series involving dreaded magic.

Fundies freak out over Harry Potter for witchcraft, so would that also mean they look down on alchemy as well?
It's been a while, but wasn't Edward Elric an actual atheist?

Yup, though Vic has stated that he played him like the character was angry at God. Which is Vic's own little headcanon that doesn't have much backing in canon but whatever floats his boat. It isn't like hallmark hasn't had an "atheist" character who decides to become a believer as part of their character development.

If hallmark hires former child actors that had drug problems in the past, I'm sure hiring someone who lent his voice to cartoons won't turn up too many noses

Ceral Funt

kiwi lurker
Yup, he was.

On another note, I admit I don't know if this counts as powerleveling (if you guys think it is I'll delete it), but today I had a curious exchange with a (lesbian) friend who's engaged to another friend I've known for longer, for what it's worth. She posted a meme referencing Vic and I replied that, according to what I'd seen and researched, the guy just was set up by all sides and betrayed on all fronts by a bunch of snakes and weasels. She replied that she first met Vic at a con when she was 14 (no clue her exact age, around mid-20s) and that he "definitely behaved extremely inappropriately around [her] and other young female con goers" (sic)... And given what we know, I'm left to think, how much of that is true, and how much of that is just the after-the-fact brainwashing into thinking that everything is creepy and inappropriate that is so en vogue these days?