Weeb Wars / AnimeGate / #KickVic / #IStandWithVic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

Nontransferable

kiwifarms.net
At 28:15, can anyone explain what the "Red Dawn" incident was with the FMA fandom and which voice-actor the fans were obstructing panels over? It was either over Vic not being invited or Travis Willingham (so it was either done by the Risembool Rangers or the Mini-Skirt Army). Had to have been before 2013.
1.jpg2.png

Nontransferable

kiwifarms.net
I imagine @Squally could give some clarification on what actually happened?
The truth isn't going to be any funnier than Greg Ayres claiming that Anime Central was terrorized by a bunch of middle school fan girls wreaking havoc by riding the escalators up and down. You'd have to be about that age, or gay I guess, to think that.

"The funny thing is there's a name for people that make threats and that if you don't meet their demands, they will do something. What do we call those people? Terrorists, those are terrorists."

BASED Ayres confirms that Monica Rial is a terrorist for threatening to drop out of Kameha Con, Sac Anime, etc. if Vic was going to be there.

OneHandClapping

OneManSlapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
correct me if i'm wrong but "judge ignoring everything one side presents" isn't a fair trial
https://twitter.com/Dibsy201/status/1392259458856755203
View attachment 2162548
https://archive.ph/XCXCz
What is this post hoc fallacy.

Vic lost at the district level, therefore the appellate court deciding whether he received a fair shake or not will fail because he failed at the district level?

I imagine @Squally could give some clarification on what actually happened?
Even assuming the worst possible interpretation of the events, it's just tards being tards.

Squally

kiwifarms.net
At 28:15, can anyone explain what the "Red Dawn" incident was with the FMA fandom and which voice-actor the fans were obstructing panels over? It was either over Vic not being invited or Travis Willingham (so it was either done by the Risembool Rangers or the Mini-Skirt Army). Had to have been before 2013.
That wasn’t the Risembool Rangers. While that used to be our slogan, in NO WAY was that something we did in 2005-2013 mainly because we simply could not organize like that( internet at that point was mostly AIM and Forums ). Nor would we. Easy to place the blame, but even that story sounds like BS.

source: trust me dude
Edit: you gotta remember, at that point in time, Greg DESPISED Vic. He made it very known. That is legit the first time i have ever heard of such an incident being attributed to the club.

Last edited:

AnOminous

each malted milk ball might be their last
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

AnOminous

each malted milk ball might be their last
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
correct me if i'm wrong but "judge ignoring everything one side presents" isn't a fair trial
It isn't a trial at all. The TCPA stops there from being a trial or even real discovery. Done in the manner it was done here it violated Vic's right to a trial. (They're not actually making that argument because it is a lot easier just to argue Chupp obviously misapplied the TCPA according to clear case law from the Second District written by the very judge who is likely to write the appeals opinion in this case.)

OneHandClapping

OneManSlapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This Dibsy201 person seems supremely spederific.

Also the use of "sexual harassment" got me thinking. According to my weak google fu, sexual harassment seems to be only in the context of the workplace, not random people meeting you for an autograph. At least in Texas.

Then there's general harrassment.

The very first part is telling

(a) A person commits an offense if, with intent to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, or embarrass another, the person:
Good luck making a claim that he meant to alarm or abuse someone by hugging them at a convention, even if they didn't sign an unambiguous consent form in triplicate.

MakeAnimeGA

Salt Farmer
kiwifarms.net
That wasn’t the Risembool Rangers. While that used to be our slogan, in NO WAY was that something we did in 2005-2013 mainly because we simply could not organize like that( internet at that point was mostly AIM and Forums ). Nor would we. Easy to place the blame, but even that story sounds like BS.

source: trust me dude
Edit: you gotta remember, at that point in time, Greg DESPISED Vic. He made it very known. That is legit the first time i have ever heard of such an incident being attributed to the club.
All I found was this

1620828175281.png

https://archive.ph/gWuXm

Seems to be a one off person who thought they were edgy. The only accounts I found for the user was youtube, deviant art, and tumblr (of course). The tumblr and deviant art accounts liked and comment on Vic related posts. Seems like no activity on any of these in about 7 years.

Last edited:
All I found was this

View attachment 2163468

https://archive.ph/gWuXm (still archiving)

Seems to be a one off person who thought they were edgy. The only accounts I found for the user was youtube, deviant art, and tumblr (of course). The tumblr and deviant art accounts liked and comment on Vic related posts. Seems like no activity on any of these in about 7 years.
Sounds like a third party troll. KV is really grasping at straws if they go after this guy.

Volmsaiyan

kiwifarms.net
I know this has probably been explained before but I couldn't find it on here,hell I could be remembering wrong as well, but didn't Nick or someone say that at the TCPA hearing MoRon,Marchi,Funimation was not supposed to have been able to present certain evidence and claims but chupp allowed them to anyways. I thought (if I can recall) it was just suppose to be about if Vic could meet the burden of proof for the case to proceed

OneHandClapping

OneManSlapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know this has probably been explained before but I couldn't find it on here,hell I could be remembering wrong as well, but didn't Nick or someone say that at the TCPA hearing MoRon,Marchi,Funimation was not supposed to have been able to present certain evidence and claims but chupp allowed them to anyways. I thought (if I can recall) it was just suppose to be about if Vic could meet the burden of proof for the case to proceed
There's nothing preventing them from presenting evidence, but at the TCPA stage all conflicts are resolved in Vic's favor.

If Monica testifies that Vic tried to attack her in his hotel room, and Vic testifies that he didn't, Vic's side of the story is held to be true.

According to Chupp, Vic didn't meet his burden of proof to proceed. There was no finding of fact.