Weeb Wars / Animegate / #kickvic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
Literally this entire paragraph is completely irrelevant. How English speakers react and what they think does not matter to the production of anime, and it barely matters to the localization. You have a significant audience that won't listen to it regardless, and a significant version of the audience who will listen that are happy with Lisa Ortiz.

Some, even most, sure. Again, though, there are roles written for specific seiyu. Do you think that perhaps a demand that you hire X actor for Y voice if you want to produce Z anime might possibly be a tiny factor in how much you are willing to shell out to secure said voice? Do you think that maybe, seiyu being well paid might have an influence on expectations within the industry? And you can be certain that the performance of the seiyuu in any long lasting series has an influence on the direction of the character. There are a whopping total of zero written for English, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, French, German, Tagalog, and whatever else non-Japanese language you can come up with, and odds are good that no one working on the production will ever hear, let alone be inspired by, a foreign performance. Your dub voice actor will never matter, no matter how good the performance and no matter how many foreigners associate that voice with the character.
You're both wrong and arguing something irrelevant. People don't like when well known VAs are swapped, and by 'well known' I mean 'this is the voice I'm used to'. Sean is the voice of Goku for the English speaking audience and has been for a long time. You're simply wrong when you try to say that Sean isn't. You don't have to like him, but it's still true. You're also wrong about there being zero characters written for non-Japanese seiyuus. Although I'm not certain about Russian etc, there's a couple of stories of characters being written with consideration of certain english voices in western-set anime, like Hellsing.

The whole sub supremacy thing is dumb, anyway. The fact that Japanese culture respects their voice actors marginally more than Western culture doesn't somehow translate into them being better at their jobs or better people. It just means you're a weeb who likes hearing someone screech in Japanese instead of English.

How did this thread devolve into sub vs dubs and the importance of seiyuus in the industry?
Slow news week. Sub v dub shows up all the time in any dub related scandal or debate, though. Even Vic has commented on the debates before with his usual 'let's all get along, neither is better or worse, and there's no reason to fight over it' philosophy.

I Love Beef

お前はもう。。。。満でるー!!!!
kiwifarms.net
Yes, Go Nagai was pretty famous for his fanservice et all, but that sort of stuff has been in the medium since the very beginning from literally the most wholesome normie-friendly shows on up, and like everything else SJWs want to push, their idea of some sort of pristine, male-gaze-free anime saved from the original sin of the patriarchy is based on a delusion.

To say nothing about how the Japanese would openly laugh at their authoritarian demands that Japan change their culture and industry to mollify some morbidly obese cunt in California. Japan's USED to dealing with Fujoshits by now. Hell, Manga style was based on "problematic patriarchal male gaze inducing" pin up art left behind in Japan by the American soldiers from WW2.
Japanese otaku will literally shell out thousands just because X actress is in something, but Western weebs won't. To be fair tho, Japanese fans will also turn on a dime and throw an actress in the dumpster if they get married or possibly even get caught dating, whereas Western fans don't give a crap.
I'd say something about how "if only people started making anime on their own outside of Japan that would help", but I realize now that a lot of the problems in allowing that to happen doesn't just lie in society and its factors, but the fans themselves. It doesn't help that a lot of (the worst) fans who cling on tightly from the so called "golden age of anime" that happened in the United States and the 1990s have shown themselves to be absolutely culturally clueless clingons who can't let go from the past and are both moral and niche hobby social elitists who now dominate related major publications on their interests, and bitter spoiled working world exposed fujoshits and aforementioned anime elites angry that their hobby didn't get them laid, make the entire continental USA suck their dick for "showing them great animation" and give them awards for being a fucking hobbyist, and be accredited by Japan itself by them for "saving anime" or whatever trivial self important nerd faggotry, or in the former's case, are angry that Japan isn't their wonderland to fuck about and see okama do it all night everywhere they go and be treated like the spoiled first world suburbanite princesses/emasculated manlets they are.

And even then, I'd hate to see what kind of garbage they'd put out. We're already seeing RWBY turned into a full on self indulgent lesbian orgy on a man's grave, and the sickly off hue pastel pile of shit known as "High Guardian Spice" dumped from each of the creator's asses. Zac and Mike and everyone at ANN are such mainstream sensation tailing faggots despite their objections to the contrary, and Zac isn't just some artsy fartsy wannabe TGWTG faggot, but he and his fuck-thing created some gay faggot crap about fairies that divebombed into the earth facefirst for being everything the Bad Webcomics Wiki documents. Sean O' Mara is nothing but an ignorant and arrogant trust fund white boy baby who dicks his 1000 dollars a pop toys from 1980s Bubble era anime yet never knows "the eternal mystery" of why 1980s anime stopped being 1980s anime. This doesn't even count the endless hordes of internet journal "anime professionals" who waste their time yelling about current day anime and blame Japan anytime nothing goes their way. Fucks aren't just losers who can't draw or write, but are the epitome of "out of touch with present trends and seeing the bigger picture of things" that geeks and nerds have been stereotypically typecast with.

But what's this? A new challenger appears!

Now we have a wide range of ass end voice actors who have revealed themselves to be the omega grade sloppy seconds that not even independent film world America wants to touch (for fuck's sake Pauly fuckin' SHORE, CARROT TOP, TARA REID, AND MACKULAY CULKIN are still able to find work). And incoming MeToo? Dicksplash central there. This isn't even telling of how many of them don't even like anime and use it as a means for a paycheck. But wait! There's more!

Now we have these said voice actors coming out of the woodwork to gang up on someone they are absolutely jealous of, and are now willing to band up with the aforementioned "anime should be high art in the Western World" faggots to "depose feminism, sexist objectification, and sexual exploitation in the US anime and manga community".... when Marche and Rial have voiced countless hentai and sexy females in various anime. Gee, doesn't just sound like WHORE to me, but fucking THOTS as well. Don't forget their employers! Christopher Sabat fucking HATES anime fans!

tl;dr Talentless Self Absorbed Anime Fan Elitists Who Promote And Gatekeep their Hobby On A Professional Level + Self Entitled Fujoshis + Unenthusiastic WHORES of Money Grubbing Voice Actors Who Hate Their Fans = A Metaphorical Primordial Chaos that not even fucking Chronos and Uranus would know how to make creation and the universe out of.

I need a fucking drink and some fucking nootropics to go with it. This brain of mine ain't getting any younger or smaller!

As other pointed out, the only way to get an apology and recantation of their lies would be through part of a settlement or if they suddenly grew a conscience.

This is also a civil case and not criminal. Meaning Even if vic won it doesnt have to show the defendent as guilty 100% but only to show through preponderance of evidence that they were most likely lying/commited TI (IE 51% +). And you know if Vic wins, they will still say, it was unfair and Judge Chupp was a mysoginistic bible thumper trump supporter and what not (BELIEVE ALL WOMYN). I mean if you can prove they 100% were lying sack of shit and commited TI then thats fine but its not required to win this. Anyway is reputation will be forever damaged. Nothing can change that even if all parties involved were saying they lied about everything. Non party will still mouth off for whatever reason and the lingering thought that he "may" be a rapist or pedophile will always linger around.
And, a new frontier awaits. Let's welcome it.

jameshameson

kiwifarms.net
R Bruce Elliott (voice of Captain Ginyu and Whitebeard) gave his thoughts on this matter
View attachment 889722

View attachment 889724View attachment 889725
>MY BOTTOM LINE: vic did did the things that monica and jamie said he did - period, full stop.

>And the many additional charges that have been made by other women since this whole thing started.

[While no one can confirm every single one of them. They lend even more credence to their stories by sheer weight of numbers]

These people are dangerous, absolutely unhinged and unstable, to the point if they cant verify a allegation it shouldn't be proven as it's still a allegation with weight against vic

Thank god we have a law system where people can fight back.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
And it would be a very easy argument to make: "Punitive Damages and the result of this case will only help so much- These people need to be forced to ADMIT that they willingly lied and defamed Mr. Mignogna to the pubic and to his employers. That would aid immensely in him regaining the reputation that defendants destroyed with their lies."

I hope to fuckin' GOD that Ty pushes that in court because it will almost certainly win through.
Considering that there's absolutely no basis in law for doing such a thing, it wouldn't.

SkeetNYeet

Forever Newfag
kiwifarms.net
You're comparing Spider-Man with Dante? Really?
Yuri's has had more prominent voice roles like Ben 10.
DMC fans would absolutely boycott if Langdon didn't return as Dante.
Hell I avoided getting the PC version of Tales of Symphonia because they changed the voices.
Gamers are petty babies who don't like change and get attached to things quickly. I can't say much about anime but people take VAs in games pretty seriously.

Reactions: P5Fever

The Wisdom of Bassets

kiwifarms.net
R Bruce Elliott (voice of Captain Ginyu and Whitebeard) gave his thoughts on this matter
View attachment 889722

View attachment 889724View attachment 889725
See, the problem for this guy is that most of us HAVE thought. I would dare say many of us looked at the comments of KickVic, the comments of Ron, Monica, Jamie and Funimation, ALONG WITH THEIR ACTUAL SWORN DEPOSITIONS, and saw a distinct lack of evidence that was supported. We did however see a lot of contradicted information, including sworn afidavits by the people they brought to the party.

The thing about the NPCSJW Left is that they live in a fantasy where more words = more proof. Thats not the case anywhere but Twitter and their self created safe spaces. In the real world, people who think, require actual evidence and proof of assertion to base their decisions on.

This is real world court now. And unlike Twitter, it comes with real world consequenses for ones actions. All the PULL/Fujo/Furry/Mental cases can spew millions of words. Without facts and evidence, no one cares.

Random Internet Person

Follower of the Weeb Wars
kiwifarms.net
Autism and dried out fujos.

I mean, the only people who like lawsuits have never had one. Nobody can fault Funimation for wanting to get out of this ASAP, and it's to be expected.

It's Rial and company's case that's curious. They were the ones talking big game about getting the truth out there and parading 27-6,000,000 women to testify against Vic. Then they get hit with the lawsuit, try to fight to have Vic deposed first, try to fight to redact the depos however they want, try to fight to have only Vic's deposition done before they go and file the TCPA and trigger the discovery stay.

What happened to parading the women to testify against Vic? Hell, what happened to those 27 women?
The Farms happened.
I would guess that there are more than a couple 'quiet types' that are wearing butt plugs on the regular to keep from shitting their pants every time Nick has a show. Nick was pretty open that his intent is to dump their dirty laundry and it's clear he times the drops for maximum damage. If he isn't purposely timing them, it sure looks like its working out he is.

And they know he has insiders at Funi/Rooster Teeth. Then there is the realization that every single person the high school clique has fucked over, blacklisted and otherwise pissed off likely spilled their guts, with documentation to Nick and certainly to his Beardship.

Every day has to have these evil bastards popping blood pressure pills and anti-depressants. They know life is gonna change drastically one of these nights during Nick's show. They just don't know which night it'll be.
if these wronged people spilled their guts, wouldn’t their affidavits be on record already?

As much as Encyclopedia Dramatica is becoming a meme, Monica made it.
View attachment 889678
All roads lead to Chris Chan. God bless the internet.

Random Internet Person

Follower of the Weeb Wars
kiwifarms.net
I'd say something about how "if only people started making anime on their own outside of Japan that would help", but I realize now that a lot of the problems in allowing that to happen doesn't just lie in society and its factors, but the fans themselves. It doesn't help that a lot of (the worst) fans who cling on tightly from the so called "golden age of anime" that happened in the United States and the 1990s have shown themselves to be absolutely culturally clueless clingons who can't let go from the past and are both moral and niche hobby social elitists who now dominate related major publications on their interests, and bitter spoiled working world exposed fujoshits and aforementioned anime elites angry that their hobby didn't get them laid, make the entire continental USA suck their dick for "showing them great animation" and give them awards for being a fucking hobbyist, and be accredited by Japan itself by them for "saving anime" or whatever trivial self important nerd faggotry, or in the former's case, are angry that Japan isn't their wonderland to fuck about and see okama do it all night everywhere they go and be treated like the spoiled first world suburbanite princesses/emasculated manlets they are.

And even then, I'd hate to see what kind of garbage they'd put out. We're already seeing RWBY turned into a full on self indulgent lesbian orgy on a man's grave, and the sickly off hue pastel pile of shit known as "High Guardian Spice" dumped from each of the creator's asses. Zac and Mike and everyone at ANN are such mainstream sensation tailing faggots despite their objections to the contrary, and Zac isn't just some artsy fartsy wannabe TGWTG faggot, but he and his fuck-thing created some gay faggot crap about fairies that divebombed into the earth facefirst for being everything the Bad Webcomics Wiki documents. Sean O' Mara is nothing but an ignorant and arrogant trust fund white boy baby who dicks his 1000 dollars a pop toys from 1980s Bubble era anime yet never knows "the eternal mystery" of why 1980s anime stopped being 1980s anime. This doesn't even count the endless hordes of internet journal "anime professionals" who waste their time yelling about current day anime and blame Japan anytime nothing goes their way. Fucks aren't just losers who can't draw or write, but are the epitome of "out of touch with present trends and seeing the bigger picture of things" that geeks and nerds have been stereotypically typecast with.

But what's this? A new challenger appears!

Now we have a wide range of ass end voice actors who have revealed themselves to be the omega grade sloppy seconds that not even independent film world America wants to touch (for fuck's sake Pauly fuckin' SHORE, CARROT TOP, TARA REID, AND MACKULAY CULKIN are still able to find work). And incoming MeToo? Dicksplash central there. This isn't even telling of how many of them don't even like anime and use it as a means for a paycheck. But wait! There's more!

Now we have these said voice actors coming out of the woodwork to gang up on someone they are absolutely jealous of, and are now willing to band up with the aforementioned "anime should be high art in the Western World" faggots to "depose feminism, sexist objectification, and sexual exploitation in the US anime and manga community".... when Marche and Rial have voiced countless hentai and sexy females in various anime. Gee, doesn't just sound like WHORE to me, but fucking THOTS as well. Don't forget their employers! Christopher Sabat fucking HATES anime fans!

tl;dr Talentless Self Absorbed Anime Fan Elitists Who Promote And Gatekeep their Hobby On A Professional Level + Self Entitled Fujoshis + Unenthusiastic WHORES of Money Grubbing Voice Actors Who Hate Their Fans = A Metaphorical Primordial Chaos that not even fucking Chronos and Uranus would know how to make creation and the universe out of.

I need a fucking drink and some fucking nootropics to go with it. This brain of mine ain't getting any younger or smaller!

And, a new frontier awaits. Let's welcome it.
All I can say is “making anime outside of Japan” led to RWBY, and after Monty died, Miles and Kerry (who were writers with Monty from day 1) have managed to destroy the goodwill they’ve had from people outside their bubble and RT have done in a year what some companies do over at least a decade in terms of taking Ls and bad PR. Also, there’s been literally nothing of High Guardian Spice since the announcement video dropped.

As for fans, I’d say that things could have started maybe in the late 90s/early to mid 2000s after Toonami started coming down from its peak. As the internet began to rise in the days before YouTube, and dubs ranged from DiC/Cloverway Sailor Moon to 4Kids One Piece, people who couldn’t afford Blockbuster or Hollywood Video turned to fansubs that came from anime forums and obscure websites. Fansubs had gone from some dude who sat alone at lunch or was in your anime club and both had a VCR and their Japanese down pat and whatever editing software they could get their hands on to online torrents and forum posts and p2p shit. With these fansubs being the only way to see these anime uncut and uncensored the “way they were meant to be watched”, watching and sharing fansubs turned into a duty for anime fans, like a mandate from either Heaven, Japan, or anime Uncle Sam, along with demonizing the dubbing studios that butchered true art and great stories and great characters.

And then, when Funimation came in and changed virtually nothing, the studio became studios and God’s. From the VAs to the writers to the engineers to the janitors, literal gods to anime fans.

And on these anime fans went. Onward and upward. With the 2003 Oscars and Studio Ghibli at the ready, they continue in a never ending quest to prove that anime is more than schoolgirls and tentacles.

Tags
weebs

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino