Weeb Wars / Animegate / #kickvic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

'Tis Dolan

kiwifarms.net
Yes, I am. Both are iconic characters in video games, and Spiderman is a lot bigger than just Lowenthals performance. As for Ben 10, it was popular for it's time but it doesn't have the cultural significance of Spongebob.
Yuri is one of the most recognizable voices in voice acting, and he's in a lot of things

Clint Westwood

Boats and hoes.
kiwifarms.net
R Bruce Elliott (voice of Captain Ginyu and Whitebeard) gave his thoughts on this matter
View attachment 889722

View attachment 889724View attachment 889725
"Vic did the things that Monica and Jamie say they did - period."

Which thing? Monica has like three different stories with varying changes to them. Jamie didn't even now what he said in her ear, but for some reason she knows it's sexual.

And how would you say that Monica and Jamie can't make up lies and over-exaggerate, and then say we all have multiple facets in our lives? What the fuck?

How do you tell us to "think" and then write this garbage post? We've been "thinking" for several months now.

troondetector

kiwifarms.net
Settling with the Defendant's "may" yield an apology statement/article/video. However, I can almost guarantee that with the Defendant's actions demonstrated thus far, they will demand that a wide-ranging NDA be put in place to minimize the damage towards them, and they will not make that apology statement/article/video until there is one. There will most likely be other ridiculous demands made towards the Plaintiff during the settlement, and then once it's all settled, it could very well come out looking more favorable for the Defendant's.
You are completely right on this IMO. Remember Brad Wardell. For the woke exceptional individuals, him getting an apology from the slunt who sued him was somehow more evidence that he was guilty and he was just using the court to revictimize her or some bullshit.

A significant portion of the people (not all, not even a majority, but enough to form a base) will maintain that Vic is an evil rapist even if they were faced with incontrovertible proof that this whole thing is bullshit. The woke do not have the capacity for any semblance of rational decision making on this topic.

Either settle with no NDA for good $, or take it to trial IMO, but that all depends on his finances and how long the GFM can fund the suit (if it passes TCPA, which I think for Rial it will). I do suspect if he passes TCPA the GFM might see more donations.

Kari Kamiya

Gun Version Legendary Mascot
kiwifarms.net
You're both wrong and arguing something irrelevant. People don't like when well known VAs are swapped, and by 'well known' I mean 'this is the voice I'm used to'.
Case in point, some Pokéfags are still pissed the 4KIDS voice-actors haven't been playing their characters since 2006--but Maddie Blaustein had died two years afterward, so Meowth and other characters were inevitably going to be replaced (but people shrug off death more easily than expired/terminated contracts). I also know of Digimon fans who got pissy the original seiyuu, due to time constraints or retirement, couldn't return to be the human characters for tri (then Yuuko Mizutani passed away a couple years later, so...), and there were also going to be dub fans who would've thrown a fit had Joshua Seth not returned to be Tai. Granted, the dub could only get back half the actors because unions, but the fans were just happy to get Joshua and Tom Fahn back as Tai and Agumon. (Although now that Vic played Matt for tri and there's a new Digimon movie on the horizon, some are of course screaming for his replacement.)

I get consistency, I really do, but sometimes things are just not meant to be because the circumstances just don't or won't call for it. The rose-tinted lens on nostalgia goggles (and skulls) are just way too thick on some people and it takes a sledgehammer to get through to them. DBZ fans are going to have to suck it up and rip the band-aid off should it get to that point, and we don't know yet if that's what's going to happen.

Rondo Richter Belmont

kiwifarms.net
So, he claims that "nice guys" can turn mean at the drop of the hat, but he won't say the same with "nice girls" that he was "close friends" with? This really does sound like selective reasoning which only signifies his utter blindness to reality.

He’s right though, Monica and Jamie have shown nothing but kindness ever since this started:

Threatening to contact her lawyer and law enforcement along with Homeland Security, Jamie telling everyone that she wanted Vic’s head and balls while telling the person that disagreed with her to take Vic’s dick out of their ears, Bragging about the sex life with a nominee for Biggest Cuck in KickVic while telling someone to jack it in a sock...We shouldn’t forget their lovely, stunning, and brave company of Amanda Winn Lee, Dominique Skye, Renfamous, and the Funimation Purse Puppy Ass Remoras.

They have done absolutely nothing wrong, and it’s all Vic’s fault just because they say so.

quickthrowaway

kiwifarms.net
If you grab a random person off the street and you ask them who is Tom Holland or who is Tobey Maguire, you'll likely hear back that they're Spiderman. If you ask them who Yuri Lowenthal is, they'll say who? That's the basic explanation as to what a public figure is. The main point, Vic in no way is one.

WhimsicalTrolli

kiwifarms.net
This is such a shitty filler ark. It's like the first twenty episodes were written by Gen Urobuchi or Dai Sato, but they had one of those "health breaks" that the Japanese love so much and it was taken over by Sho Aikawa. He's such a hack. Every time he takes over a project he just covers old ground worse than it was originally covered, and anything he does ad has no value.

The TCPA ruling can't happen fast enough
Weeb wars season 1 is on hiatus sadly, we got a month till the action pick up.

Last edited:

Random Internet Person

Follower of the Weeb Wars
kiwifarms.net
This is such a shitty filler ark. It's like the first twenty episodes were written by Gen Urobuchi or Dai Sato, but they had one of those "health breaks" that the Japanese love so much and it was taken over by Sho Aikawa. He's such a hack. Every time he takes over a project he just covers old ground worse than it was originally covered, and anything he does ad has no value.

The TCPA ruling can't happen fast enough
Look on the bright side. At least we're not dealing with the people who brought us Hunter x Hunter and Berserk.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
How has this guy not have his own thread yet? Has he been doxxed yet too?
I knew he'd jump on this when Nick admitted he'd fucked up on it.

I'd have more respect for it if he'd ever admitted he fucked up on all the absolutely moronic shit he's said, like that Nick could be successfully sued for copyright infringement for his videos commenting on the depositions in the case.

Nick has corrected himself when he's been wrong about things before, and even once when I'd just made a minor correction about something in the Meyer v. Waid case in a post on the thread here, which nobody else had even noticed.

That shows more integrity than Dumbford, who routinely says absolutely idiotic shit and then leaves it there.

You seriously think these idiots won't find something moronic to do in the next month?

teriyakiburns

MY COOKIE
kiwifarms.net
It looks like everyone's favorite unbeknownst-named-party-in-lawsuit-by-defendants-then-turned-affiant-for-the-plaintiff Stan Dahlin is being coy on Twitter again.

View attachment 889843
(archive)

I'd write it off as nothing, but the last time he was being cryptic he completely butt fucked Monica's testimony into oblivion, so I'll cut the man some slack. At least while I look for the popcorn bowl.
Oh boy, I wonder who he's talking about.

P5Fever

apparently I have internalized misogyny...okay
kiwifarms.net
I’m honestly shocked we actually had a filler arc considering every time we thought it was gonna slow down KV or one of the defendants did something so spectacularly exceptional or something managed to come out that it was just a constant roller coaster that I thought would never even slow down a fraction.

As I said elsewhere, they've been fighting this using the Court of Public Opinion as their playbook, when in reality, it's being fought in a Court of Law, and I think they're now just starting to realize that they're FUBAR'd. As it's been demonstrated by KV, they'll just keep moving the goalposts over and over again, because in their minds, they cannot and will not accept defeat. However a Court of Law doesn't use goalposts, there's just a Judge and a Jury. That's the actual playing field, and they are the only players that will matter should this go to trial.
They've been getting stomped in court since the TDMA got dropped in their laps- but the funniest part about all of this is that their weapon of desperation, the Court of Public Opinion, has turned into a goddamn hand grenade. Just take a look at Twitter and you'll see these people desperately losing ground as Vic's success gets more and more attention.

Look at ANY of his Tweets- HUNDREDS of retweets, THOUSANDS of likes, and god only knows how many replies congratulating him and spreading his positivity... #KickVic's autistic spectrum has been reduced to ashen shit as they grow more and more desperate for relevance- like MarzGurl now claiming she was targeted by a "Sex-Trafficking ring".

To quote the Dreadnought: "Their Shelter has become THEIR TOMB."

All we have to do is wait for that hand grenade to blow up right in their laps... and I have a hunch those TCPAs getting trashed will be the thing to do it.

There's a part of me that believes that as much as Sabat tries to maintain composure and stays quiet (unless someone publicly lambastes him), he is sperging out internally. The moment he must have gotten word that Vic Ravioli was cast to play Broly, all hell was let loose. As someone mentioned, Vic would be at the forefront, on the box, per se. Monica had 12 lines of screams and gab as the Nth Bulma, and Chris wasn't able to procure a new role to put under his belt.

Vic however, just wanted to reprise his newly revived role. And the fact that it was going to be on the silver screen was just icing on the cake.
There have been numerous hints from Nick (and I believe it as even mentioned in Vic's Depo) that SABAT was the one desperately sperging out and trying to have FUNi recast Broly, which pissed off Toei to no end, which lead to them taking a fat shit on Sabat's little 'studio tour'.

I'm almost certain he's Iago and Schemmel Igor, but we'll have to wait and see.

R Bruce Elliott (voice of Captain Ginyu and Whitebeard) gave his thoughts on this matter
View attachment 889722

View attachment 889724View attachment 889725
It's gonna be real fuckin funny when Monica and Jamie get stomped into the floor and put into debt until they die.
You bet your ass I'm going to send this prick a message when Vic wins:

"Hey. did you hear about Monica and Jamie being found Guilty in court? How about Vic being found innocent of the lies that his accusers cooked up? How about Vic being a few million dollars richer? It would be a real shame if you supported two PROVEN liars... What was it you said?

'And think, Don't just REACT.'
'THINK.'

So much for 'thinking', amiright?~"

As for Spiderman, the character has had over 20+ VAs with none of them ever being regarded as the definitive portrayal of the character.
Except for Christopher Daniel Barnes.

I legit didn't know he was dead. I'm not sure whether that proves my point about people not knowing shit about him, or if it just proves that I'm exceptional. Probably both.

My argument is that 95% of all voice actors (film, anime, video game, etc.) are likely not public figures.
The basic "Are they a public figure test" is as such: Can a random person on the street name them?
You'd be very surprised how often it's correct.

Tags
weebs

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino