Weeb Wars / Animegate / #kickvic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

Random Internet Person

If you can read this, Cloudflare is doing its job.
kiwifarms.net
The small irony here is that Vic's fans won't be diswaded. So Vic will just dominate the attention and everyone else will be shafted. It will hurt him being asked back. But what were the chances of that anyway.
Risembool Rangers rise up?
literally this. as much as KV would scoff and point the finger, vic actually just apologized from the bottom of his heart, by virtue of his good nature. that they are turning it into an admission of guilt is all the proof anyone should need that you don't EVER apologize to these vampires. never.
The thing about Vic is this: he didn't want to be the eye of the storm. He was already looking for lawyers and a way to get back before Nick rolled into town. Vic had nothing to lose. We talk about the notion of Vic holding Ty back, but maybe this is Vic going scorched earth by his standards. The reason cancel culture has far as it's gone is because they haven't gone after anyone that gives zero fucks.
EDIT: Might be old news. They are trying to deplatform Vic from Unlocked too. Is that more harassment I see? https://twitter.com/EYuki19/status/1171925349057224704
Didn't they try that already? Unsuccessfully?

SpiralStars

kiwifarms.net
Is that GUILT BY ASSOCIATION I see? The big clue they can't win in this battle? What a shock. *Shocked Pikachu face*

EDIT: Might be old news. They are trying to deplatform Vic from Unlocked too. Is that more harassment I see? https://twitter.com/EYuki19/status/1171925349057224704
I hate to warn them. But just because momentarily KV was let off the hook for TI. It doesn't mean what they did wasn't TI and doesn't mean this crap is not new actionable TI. Especially it certain folks motivated it.

Apterigo

Tre verda multmaniere
kiwifarms.net

Chudbacca

kiwifarms.net

Newfriend

Bully in a bully-free zone
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Duke-Diggler

kiwifarms.net
At this point I almost feel like ISWV's main goal should be to get Toriyama to disavow the English VAs or at least FUNimation. It's the "Trump tweet about GG" kind of faggotry but it would absolutely destroy those people's careers.
I'm pretty sure the artist and the original VA's would take issue with funimation's treatment of the characters they put their entire livelihoods into, seeing how funimation cares very little for the IP. However, I dont think Toei would care all that much due to amicable relationships with toei of america which has close ties to funimation. However, with enough pushback from the original cast and toei may have no choice but to disavow.

Duke-Diggler

kiwifarms.net
That's because they're miserable. Destroying reputations makes them feel like they did when they killed ants as kids.
They are actually a grown up version of that tattle-telling kid who instantly runs to the teacher any time another student inconveniences them. Our schools literally reward these kinds of people who are willing to flex their "power" over someone else just because they got some officials on their good side. Little do they realize that in this world, there are people who won't give a shit about getting in trouble with that higher up.

Dumb Bitch Smoothie

It's the quenchiest.
kiwifarms.net
I've got a question if anyone happens to know about MoonruneLand - do the VAs there get paid better or worse than the VAs here in the states? If the Japanese VAs are treated better than the absolute trash companies like Funi do here, it'd be less surprising that the japs hold more pride in their work and are held to a higher standard.
It's comparable from my understanding but their fanbases are....something else.
They really do equate the actor with the voice. Aya Hirano got into a few scandals back in the day and people over there went full chimp, burning merch and shit because how dare she.

Random Internet Person

If you can read this, Cloudflare is doing its job.
kiwifarms.net
Not sure if it’s a cultural thing, but I think that’s why that Nozawa lady is loved more than Schemmel. I remember people being REALLY sad when Bulma’s Japanese VA passed, but Monica is seen as someone to just throw aside.

I've got a question if anyone happens to know about MoonruneLand - do the VAs there get paid better or worse than the VAs here in the states? If the Japanese VAs are treated better than the absolute trash companies like Funi do here, it'd be less surprising that the japs hold more pride in their work and are held to a higher standard.
I’m just wondering if it’s like America where anime is seen as lower tier garbage at worse and at best a stepping stone to the promised land of video games.
They really do equate the actor with the voice. Aya Hirano got into a few scandals back in the day and people over there went full chimp, burning merch and shit because how dare she.
Isn’t that the same with idols? Like where one idol was seen on a date and and to do an apology video after shaving her head?

Newfriend

Bully in a bully-free zone
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's also a bit different as I think it was Toriyama who had Nozawa's voice in mind when he made the character. I think the Dr.Slump anime was already going at the time so he had an idea about voices. So she's almost literally Goku.
I also think Oda went through the same thing with Tanaka for Luffy.

SpiralStars

kiwifarms.net
That's because they're miserable. Destroying reputations makes them feel like they did when they killed ants as kids.
It's mean girls in high school except for upgraded for adults. The weapon is ostracization. But, instead of being left out of the happening parties, they want to make out left out of making a living and having any relationships. They want to force you out of any semblance of a life.

Tags
weebs

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino