Weeb Wars / Animegate / #kickvic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

Apterigo

Tre verda multmaniere
kiwifarms.net

Newfriend

Bully in a bully-free zone
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some guy who needs to take his tinfoil hat off.

I wouldn't surprise me if people from /cow/ or whatever gather info here to fuck with whoever they want. But then again it's all private stuff like facebook and twitter that they could easily find themselves.

Dumb Bitch Smoothie

It's the quenchiest.
kiwifarms.net
I’m just wondering if it’s like America where anime is seen as lower tier garbage at worse and at best a stepping stone to the promised land of video games.

Isn’t that the same with idols? Like where one idol was seen on a date and and to do an apology video after shaving her head?
Anime is a huuuuuuge market over there. Arguably bigger than most of their media besides like dramas. But anime is a big deal because Japan is super proud of stuff. Specifically series like Space Battleship Yamato, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Gundam, basically anything by Go Nagai....

That's basically their equivalent of how Marvel and DC are to us Americans, Doctor Who to the Brits...
A really big cultural deal for them because it's their pride in what they create. There are museums and statues dedicated to creators and characters all over the place. There's tons of stuff dedicated to anime as a whole for public projects.

Some voice actresses and actors are also idols but that's more prevalent in Tokusatsu stuff because they want their faces to be seen. Voice acting is a different art because the importance is being able to embody the showrunner or manga artist's vision. Manga artists don't get included too much anymore in production.

But it's definitely a competitive industry. Moreso than here. Their standards are higher because that's their work ethic and they have to be at the top of their game for an anime to gain traction since dozens of shows are conceptualized each week and there's only so many options for airing.

It's also a bit different as I think it was Toriyama who had Nozawa's voice in mind when he made the character. I think the Dr.Slump anime was already going at the time so he had an idea about voices. So she's almost literally Goku.
I also think Oda went through the same thing with Tanaka for Luffy.
Yup! A lot of times specific actors and voices are selected for roles. That is definitely true. But it's a competitive industry.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
It's comparable from my understanding but their fanbases are....something else.
They really do equate the actor with the voice. Aya Hirano got into a few scandals back in the day and people over there went full chimp, burning merch and shit because how dare she.
japanese anime fans are fucking ludicrous at times. there was a scandal and firing of a VA because fans found out that she had a boyfriend. "how dare the voice of muh waifu not be a perfect untouched virgin angel. blacklist her from ever working again"

i think they share a lot in common with these cancel culture people.

Jamestyalor4312

kiwifarms.net
I'm still wondering what will happen to monica and ron. Both lied under oath and there is factual evidence behind that not just speculation. If this judge is a fucking judge he will do something about that. It also puts their whole depositions in doubt because if they will willfully lie about somethings how are you to believe anything these pathological liars say?

Random Internet Person

If you can read this, Cloudflare is doing its job.
kiwifarms.net
It's also a bit different as I think it was Toriyama who had Nozawa's voice in mind when he made the character. I think the Dr.Slump anime was already going at the time so he had an idea about voices. So she's almost literally Goku.
I also think Oda went through the same thing with Tanaka for Luffy.
Nah, from what I’ve heard, that voice in the head happened when the anime started and Toriyama was writing new chapters. Also, that “character in mind” I don’t think is unique to Japan.

TJ-Weber

Final Notice for Repo
kiwifarms.net

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
You're the 4th person whose asked, a.stallings always slips through the cracks somehow and then shows up spouting his galaxy brain takes...hes a minor lolcow if you want more info, and Nick called him out once for being a literal cuck.
I've been reminded who this dude is probably a dozen times and I always forget by the next time he shows up. He's still completely assblasted about being doxed by @Dynastia and nicknamed Cuckstain.

Immaculate Ape

It was ME... DIO!
kiwifarms.net
They are making a "Broken Staircase" type Google Doc for anyone that dares to do business with Vic Mignogna.

View attachment 932780

View attachment 932778
As if that didn't already exist. They know it's about to be leaked so they're making it seem like it *just* got thought up.

Lots of guilty consciouses out there after Nick said something big is coming.

Would be fucking hilarious if it's a nothingburger and he just did it to make these chimps shit their pants and rush to cover up their ops

Apterigo

Tre verda multmaniere
kiwifarms.net
They are making a "Broken Staircase" type Google Doc for anyone that dares to do business with Vic Mignogna.

View attachment 932780

View attachment 932778
You know, I fully expect shit like this and even with that expectation in place, I am sometimes dumbfounded by just how stupid these people are. Why would anyone think this is would work after the first one failed spectacularly? Like if anyone were to reference this heap of shit as their "proof" as they bitch to a convention they were never intending on attending anyway I would see this and immediately throw any complaint of theirs into the trash where it belongs.

Hell, a perfect example of why this group is trash is right in that screenshot of yours - Open Jar Studios. Even in their own document they say that OJS cancelled the event with Vic. Is that enough for these people? OF COURSE NOT, into the "What to Ignore" section it goes. Disgusting.

Why even make a public announcement for something like this? Like I would understand if this was some secret info storage on a gayops discord, but making this public?

Immaculate Ape

It was ME... DIO!
kiwifarms.net
You know, I fully expect shit like this and even with that expectation in place, I am sometimes dumbfounded by just how stupid these people are. Why would anyone think this is would work after the first one failed spectacularly? Like if anyone were to reference this heap of shit as their "proof" as they bitch to a convention they were never intending on attending anyway I would see this and immediately throw any complaint of theirs into the trash where it belongs.

Hell, a perfect example of why this group is trash is right in that screenshot of yours - Open Jar Studios. Even in their own document they say that OJS cancelled the event with Vic. Is that enough for these people? OF COURSE NOT, into the "What to Ignore" section it goes. Disgusting.

Why even make a public announcement for something like this? Like I would understand if this was some secret info storage on a gayops discord, but making this public?
They're scared.

quickthrowaway

kiwifarms.net
Nah, from what I’ve heard, that voice in the head happened when the anime started and Toriyama was writing new chapters. Also, that “character in mind” I don’t think is unique to Japan.
Akira specifically picked Masako Nozawa's voice from audition tapes. He mentions it in guidebooks. And continues to mention that he can only hear her when hearing Goku.

toriyama on nozawa.PNG

nozawa.PNG

Manga artists can be very hands on when it comes to anime productions. And some can just leave it all to the anime staff. Like Yusuke Murata, the artist for One Punch Man, gave a boot camp to all the artists for the first season of the anime. Akira Toriyama is a bit more hands off (with the new movies and anime likely due to not having to do a weekly manga series he's a bit more involved). But still contributed things like character designs for anime only material and gave some suggestions here and there. He also for example specifically had Goku say Yajirobe sounds like Krillin cause he felt bad for his voice actress not having work since Krillin was dead at the time.

I've got a question if anyone happens to know about MoonruneLand - do the VAs there get paid better or worse than the VAs here in the states? If the Japanese VAs are treated better than the absolute trash companies like Funi do here, it'd be less surprising that the japs hold more pride in their work and are held to a higher standard.
They're like a couple steps above american VAs (ie not dubbers) like your Peter Cullens, Frank Welker, etc. The Japanese VA industry has lots of cross pollination with the music industry, idol industry, and theater primarily. Some could be compared to VAs like Mark Hamil or Tim Curry who are known outside and arguably more for their work outside of voice acting.

The VA industry in Japan is far more serious than the american anime industry and are leaps and bound above their standards. And it definitely pays far more than american voice work does. Akira Kamiya has famously lost quite a couple of iconic roles because he literally became too expensive to bring back to voice characters.

Not to mention there isn't much of a distinction of between what we know as anime and any other kind of voice over work. Dubbing american shows or Hollywood movies isn't seen as some ghetto for people who aren't quite up to snuff.

TJ-Weber

Final Notice for Repo
kiwifarms.net
As if that didn't already exist. They know it's about to be leaked so they're making it seem like it *just* got thought up.

Lots of guilty consciouses out there after Nick said something big is coming.

Would be fucking hilarious if it's a nothingburger and he just did it to make these chimps shit their pants and rush to cover up their ops
Wait, what did Nick exactly say about this? And about 'something big' coming?

Elric of Melnibone

kiwifarms.net
Since the dangerhairs always love having their cake and eating it too this could be someone trying to "leak" something while still staying in the ranks of the herd. It sounds completely stupid, but that kind of makes it more likely all things considered.

Tags
weebs

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino