Weeb Wars / Animegate / #kickvic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
Second, Voice actors are not limited to one genre or media.

This I feel is a another reason for why in México dub actors are more respected than in USA. As a few examples Woody from Toy Story, Piccolo from DBZ and Alf AKA Gordon Shumway are voiced by the same guy.

Bruce Willis in almost all his movies is Voiced by the guy who voices Goku who also voices the narrator in The Wonder Years.

This I feel is a notable distinction from USA where apparently dub actors are segregated depending on the media they dub. Just food for thought because I find it interesting how dub actors in USA have a fairly low status compared to other countries.
Does Mexico have unions? I think that's the biggest difference between American voice-acting and the rest of the world's. A lot of anime dubbing is non-union, which is part of the reason why their pay is so low but also they're done by licensing companies that have to guarantee they'll turn a profit on DVD sales/broadcast ratings on the anime they've licensed. Thus far, the only one that was able to guarantee good pay to their voice actors was 4KIDS, but that was a huge company with subsidiaries compared to Viz and Funimation. Once a voice-actor joins the union (Screen Actor's Guild or otherwise), they can only do union work or whatever their agency is okay signing off on (or if the licencee is okay to pay the talent what's stated in their contract).

ItalianMobStripper

In never-ending suffering, all due a coochie
kiwifarms.net
Does Mexico have unions? I think that's the biggest difference between American voice-acting and the rest of the world's. A lot of anime dubbing is non-union, which is part of the reason why their pay is so low but also they're done by licensing companies that have to guarantee they'll turn a profit on DVD sales/broadcast ratings on the anime they've licensed. Thus far, the only one that was able to guarantee good pay to their voice actors was 4KIDS, but that was a huge company with subsidiaries compared to Viz and Funimation. Once a voice-actor joins the union (Screen Actor's Guild or otherwise), they can only do union work or whatever their agency is okay signing off on (or if the licencee is okay to pay the talent what's stated in their contract).
Yes, it does. At the very least, México has 2 unions for dub actors (one of them being, the ANDA, the "Asociación Nacional de Actores" meaning National Association of Actors. That also means they're of the same worth as screen actors)

Random Internet Person

If you can read this, Cloudflare is doing its job.
kiwifarms.net
You just know she's sitting back snapping her suspenders thinking 'man.....that was a sick burn. wait til the other kids see it' while tossing down cans of sardines.
Don't diss sardines like that! Those things are cheap and great when paired with some rice and hot sauce. Or on craackers.

That reminds me of the time random otakus had actual mental breakdowns and burned their mangas in a blind rage because some thousand year old loli character turned out to have had a previous relationship, so they despised her for being 'defiled and disgusting'. Waifu otaku are pretty embarrassing to even look at.
I just remember people on this side of the Pacific bitching after Naruto and then Bleach ended because ships. Kishimoto's assistant IIRC tweeted in English to respect the ending Kishimoto made.

ItalianMobStripper

In never-ending suffering, all due a coochie
kiwifarms.net
I just remember people on this side of the Pacific bitching after Naruto and then Bleach ended because ships. Kishimoto's assistant IIRC tweeted in English to respect the ending Kishimoto made.
Obsessive shippers ruined ships and shipping. Now you can't have two characters on-screen with a little bit of chemistry without a degenerate wanting them to bump already

Zero Day Defense

Notorious R.E.E.
kiwifarms.net
Don't diss sardines like that! Those things are cheap and great when paired with some rice and hot sauce. Or on craackers.

I thought Bleach was cancelled before Naruto ended. And I don't recall there being any ship canonizing in Bleach.

LuNaS

kiwifarms.net
Yes, it does. At the very least, México has 2 unions for dub actors (one of them being, the ANDA, the "Asociación Nacional de Actores" meaning National Association of Actors. That also means they're of the same worth as screen actors)
Yes, actually dubbing is considered a speciality of acting, so people that dub anime, movies, cartoons or series are actors.

Here I link a video of two famous dubbing actors where some of these points are talked about, only downside, it's in Spanish.

I thought Bleach was cancelled before Naruto ended. And I don't recall there being any ship canonizing in Bleach.
Huh? Are you thinking of the Bleach manga or the anime? The anime was cancelled(well, not renewed to be more precise) in 2012 as it caught up to the manga after it's ratings had been in the tank for a while. The Naruto manga ended in 2014. The Bleach manga ended in 2016, though it doesn't seem to have been cancelled. Rather it was a combination of Kubo burning out, and him having sucked at pacing for years that lead to a rushed ending. The final couple chapters were a timeskip epilogue where Ichigo had married Orihime and had a kid, and Rukia had married Renji and had a kid. For both Naruto and Bleach, people were extremely butthurt at being on the losing end of the shipping wars.

• Informative
Reactions: Zero Day Defense

Astro Galactic Megalul

Born to Disappoint
kiwifarms.net
Huh? Are you thinking of the Bleach manga or the anime? The anime was cancelled(well, not renewed to be more precise) in 2012 as it caught up to the manga after it's ratings had been in the tank for a while. The Naruto manga ended in 2014. The Bleach manga ended in 2016, though it doesn't seem to have been cancelled. Rather it was a combination of Kubo burning out, and him having sucked at pacing for years that lead to a rushed ending. The final couple chapters were a timeskip epilogue where Ichigo had married Orihime and had a kid, and Rukia had married Renji and had a kid. For both Naruto and Bleach, people were extremely butthurt at being on the losing end of the shipping wars.
Ichigo should've totally ended up with Rukia, just sayin'.

Mister Y

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 932863
This is the most devastating thing to happen on 9/11 in 18 years.
That burn!

Reminds me of the guy who was tweeting about men and women having fundamental biological differences.
Then, some angry SJW feminist replied something like "Are you a scientist ? Are you a biologist ? Do you have a PhD ? Are your researches published ? If no, then shut the fuck up!"
And the dude killed her with "Yes, yes, yes, and yes."
Epic burn.

On a sidenote, remember, there is still a Renfield somewhere who doesn't know he/she is Renfield.
Hey, KV lurker, there is one of you who is closely monitored by BHBH in order to be sued later, you should be more careful with what you do.
I can't wait to see who it is... I have a suspicion tho...

Last edited:

SpiralStars

kiwifarms.net
That burn!

Remind me of the guy who was tweeting about men and women having fundamental biological differences.
Then, some angry SJW feminist replied something like "Are you a scientist ? Are you a biologist ? Do you have a PhD ? Are your researches published ? If no, then shut the fuck up!"
And the dude killed her with "Yes, yes, yes, and yes."
Epic burn.

On a sidenote, remember, there is still a Renfield somewhere who doesn't know he/she is Renfield.
Hey, KV lurker, there is one of you who is closely monitored by BHBH in order to be sued later, you should be more careful with what you do.
I can't wait to see who it is... I have a suspicion tho...
Renfamous is a cosplayer in TX. Also I recall someone saying that Renfield/Renfamous thing is just a coincidence and they're not the same. But it has me wonder is there any reason to think there's history and machinations with KV before things dropped in Jan.? (As a seperate question than thinking she is Renfield).

I'm heavily entertaining the idea over in Meyer v. Wade story, she was likely part of the AP harassment (she knew Wade and is in the same state as AP, TX). Which would pre-date her involvement with Anti-comicsgate before her official coming out.

Tags
weebs

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino