Weeb Wars / Animegate / #kickvic / #vickicksback - The culture wars know no limit

5t3n0g0ph3r

kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
"Tee hee hee, it was just a bunch of CONCERNED CITIZENS. er, I mean, FANS saying they wouldn't go if KNOWN BAD GUY Vic was at the convention. And you can't do anything about that, can you? smug smug smug smug smug smug smug smug smug"

("... Wait, you can do something about that? ohshit.")

I wish someone could invent a way to punch dickheads through the internet. Having said that... wow, those are some interesting IPs attached to this little smugcunt's bio.

Reactions: BFUNKED

Kosher Salt

kiwifarms.net
Yes. I don't think ANN has any actual assets, though, except some IP of very questionable value.
They have a dot com website, and any payments they process through Visa and the other major financial institutions are all US-based. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would make them vulnerable to judgements in the US... right?

Not to mention, Canadian courts are typically willing to enforce US judgements, I think, so it shouldn't be impossible.

Reactions: BFUNKED

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
They have a dot com website, and any payments they process through Visa and the other major financial institutions are all US-based. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would make them vulnerable to judgements in the US... right?

Not to mention, Canadian courts are typically willing to enforce US judgements, I think, so it shouldn't be impossible.
I think the issue may be more whether any of these pathetic losers even have any assets to seize than a minor border issue.

Ambidextype

Autistic contrarian
kiwifarms.net
If there was a possibility that KickVic side was gonna win is because anime fandom is full of fujoshit and incompetent spergs like Ron Toye and Shane Holmberg and smug know-it-alls like mother's basement and Digibro. So far from my observation, the only one that seems to have the semblance of smarts is Christopher Sabat. He isn't exactly spergy on twitter, he makes some calculating moves behind the scene subtly making Vic look bad. I imagine Sabat is quite furious with Ron Toye for too many dumb tweets and jeopardising the credibility of the Kickvic side.

Unlike gamer fandom, anime fandom seems to have smarter people that knows this metoo hashtag has a terrible precedence and choose to examine the both side of the story carefully instead of blindly believing group of some bitter thots that want some attentions. At least anime in the western industry is at least bit salvageable unlike games and comics.

Last edited:

Crabbo

kiwifarms.net
The worst part about these cases is the amount of time it will take to wrap up.
And I cant wait to see the discovery regarding Ya Boi.
Also, is there a way to highlight specific posts which have merit, and not just standard off topic shitposting?

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net

Based Nick pulling back the curtain on how the game works.
  1. They whisper-networked to get Vic kicked from conventions
  2. Then they used Vic getting kicked from conventions (by them lying) as "proof" that he was guilty
  3. Which they then used to help their whisper-network get him kicked from other conventions, fired, et cetera.
Basically, a form of Cat's Paw.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, about 200 pages ago, this is similar to a trick, a feint specifically, that they used in CG and GG.
  1. SJW gets into a company, usually by fucking someone or working for literal slave wages. (Henceforth, "Internal SJW")
  2. Internal SJW and their friends ("External SJWs") conspire to force a change at the company.
  3. External SJWs send pressure towards the company to make the change.
  4. Internal SJW amplifies the pressure by overracting to it, making sure certain people inside the company see it, discrediting and hiding any opposition, etc.
  5. Company makes change thinking it's what their customers want.

OneHandClapping

Shamefur dispray
kiwifarms.net
Unlike gamer fandom, anime fandom seems to have smarter people that knows this metoo hashtag has a terrible precedence and choose to examine the both side of the story carefully instead of blindly believing group of some bitter thots that want some attentions. At least anime in the western industry is at least bit salvageable unlike games and comics.
I think part of it is the nature of the source material and how it insulates us. Japan is still a conservative country (and even possibly a little de facto sexist), and their anime reflects that. People who are offended by anime chicks flashing their unrealistically gigantic tits so the flat-as-cardboard pervert main character can drool over them won't be part of the fandom, or would only make up a small part of it.

Second is, generally, people want a faithful translation, even if it can't be literal. For example, in yesterday's Shield Hero episode, two characters have a back-and-forth about some period drama that was popular in Japan. Westerners would be completely puzzled. They localized it out to the "with great power" Spider-Man quote, which kept the spirit of the exchange while still making sense to non-Japanese. Anyway, what I'm getting is that if writers wanted to transform the big-boobed chick saying "on no don't look oniichan" to "Stop, the patriarchy is oppressing meeeeee!" there would be rioting in weebdom.

In other words, keeping a faithful translation of a conservative source material is tempering the worst of nutty liberal writing.

Pedro Sanchez

kiwifarms.net
Also, who was the person who wrote the "Far from Perfect" article? Does anyone know how much he/she makes, or at least have an estimated guess?
Lynzee Loveridge wrote that article. She's the "Interest Managing Editor" for Anime News Network. It's also not the first article she's wrote for them in an attempt to get someone blacklisted from the industry. She also wrote an article about Net-juu no Susume / Recovery of an MMO Junkie director Kazuyoshi Yaginuma being anti-semitic. She's also written various SoJus articles in the past like some small group of LGBT protesters in Japan who are mostly expats and English-speaking Japanese who have lived abroad and are vastly outweighed by the conservative Japanese population but she makes them out to be a huge driving force in Japan and "Japan is totally LGBT friendly, guys". She makes no attempts at not hiding her agenda.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ANN_Lynzee

Dunno what she makes, but she's married to some guy named Matt who also has a Twitter and they have kids.

Twitter:
Dunno what her husband does for a living, he streams on Twitch sometimes according to his profile, but he only has 24 followers there so I assume he as a real job because there's no way you're taking care of a husband and a couple kids on ANN salary alone. She's probably one of the better-off people at ANN assuming her husband works full time.

Urbanmech

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 695068

Based Nick pulling back the curtain on how the game works.
  1. They whisper-networked to get Vic kicked from conventions
  2. Then they used Vic getting kicked from conventions (by them lying) as "proof" that he was guilty
  3. Which they then used to help their whisper-network get him kicked from other conventions, fired, et cetera.
Basically, a form of Cat's Paw.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, about 200 pages ago, this is similar to a trick, a feint specifically, that they used in CG and GG.
  1. SJW gets into a company, usually by fucking someone or working for literal slave wages. (Henceforth, "Internal SJW")
  2. Internal SJW and their friends ("External SJWs") conspire to force a change at the company.
  4. Internal SJW amplifies the pressure by overracting to it, making sure certain people inside the company see it, discrediting and hiding any opposition, etc.
Thankfully they are stupid and full of ego and couldn't keep their mouths shut, which is the exact opposite thing you want for a whisper network.

Evian Les Rutabaga

kiwifarms.net
Change "company" to "school board" or "city council", and "SJW" to "suburban housewife and concerned mother of two", lather, rinse, repeat across a state that buys a lot of textbooks and wait for "intelligent design" to become taught as a valid scientific theory. All hail our postmodernist overlords (cultural communist OR cryptofascist the end result is the same.

Also,

"I'm totally a legit Hollywood Producer for Star Trek!!! (Ask me about my audiobooks)"

The Incel Whisperer

kiwifarms.net
Can we really still call people who push for trial by twitter due to flimsy accusations social justice warriors if they are making justice in society more difficult to achieve? I swear, despite claiming to be trying to make a better future they are so short sighted

Tags
weebs

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino