Weeb Wars / Animegate / #kickvic / #vickicksback - The culture wars know no limit

5t3n0g0ph3r

kiwifarms.net
What other voice actors besides Chris Sabat has their own recording studio?
It's not Steve Blum, is it? What other voice has the kind of clout to make power moves?

...... It can't be.
Is it Mike McFarland? I know the dude is a little higher on the totem pole and DEFINITELY has clout in Funimation.

Last edited:

jellycar

Kate Bush is my Alter-ego. Also I'm Patty Hearst
kiwifarms.net
Steve's already suspect imo bc he and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn both divorced their spouses and hooked up immediately....

Someone with lots of power like Sabat.........Troy Baker? Caitlin Glass? JYB?

5t3n0g0ph3r

kiwifarms.net
Steve's already suspect imo bc he and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn both divorced their spouses and hooked up immediately....

I doubt Caitlin Glass.
As for JYB, I don't know.
Speaking of JYB, I just saw "The Legendary Devil Hunter Dante" in Super Chat say his favorite voice actor believes Vic is "innocent until proven guilty." That is Reuben Langdon (Devil May Cry's Dante).

Langdon was in a stream earlier with Hero Hei and Yellow Flash:

Last edited:
Reactions: Marco Fucko

Truthboi

Prince of filthy weeaboos
kiwifarms.net

Caitlin Glass was very supportive of Vic before the controversy blew up and she is just as religious as him. JYB doesn't seem to care about this at all as he never spoke of this on his twitter.

I don't know about Baker though but I doubt it since he is more of a vidya VA than someone in Vic's circles.

Archeops

Always mystified by the "plots" of dangerhairs
kiwifarms.net

Speaking of Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, do we know what her take on this is?

Neuromantic

kiwifarms.net
Caitlin Glass was very supportive of Vic before the controversy blew up and she is just as religious as him. JYB doesn't seem to care about this at all as he never spoke of this on his twitter.

I don't know about Baker though but I doubt it since he is more of a vidya VA than someone in Vic's circles.
Well he voiced Greedling in FMA:B. But he doesn't seem like a stupid person.

I think Nick might talk about someone whose first name rhymes with "Pawn". Which is very fitting.

OneHandClapping

Shamefur dispray
kiwifarms.net
Well he voiced Greedling in FMA:B. But he doesn't seem like a stupid person.

I think Nick might talk about someone whose first name rhymes with "Pawn". Which is very fitting.
He's not as prolific as, say, Vic or Steve Blum or Monica Rial (credit where it's due; she's been in a lot of things), but he did a fair number of shows before he stepped up to Murcan toons/vidya gaems.

Urbanmech

Got an AC 10 and not afraid to use it!
kiwifarms.net
So maybe compare Vics con appearances to other guests could shorten the list?

OneHandClapping

Shamefur dispray
kiwifarms.net
Getting that Wolverine dick. And when he climaxes he makes some kind of "coming up next on Toonami" pun bc dork.
That... that was not an image I needed in my head. Thanks.

Nick has an interesting framing on the conventions. Initially he was down on them for caving into outrage and canceling Vic. But now that he has little birdie knowledge, he's looking at it as cons were fed bad information from a credible source, or somehow threatened from a credible source, and they didn't have much choice but to act on it.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
But now that he has little birdie knowledge, he's looking at it as cons were fed bad information from a credible source, or somehow threatened from a credible source, and they didn't have much choice but to act on it.
Sabat? It certainly seems like the way he's been slithering around like a snake behind the scenes.

OneHandClapping

Shamefur dispray
kiwifarms.net
Sabat? It certainly seems like the way he's been slithering around like a snake behind the scenes.
Someone above mentioned that in YF's stream that it's not Sabat, but someone else with a lot of clout in the dubbing biz.

Not sure if it's in reference to the conventions specifically or something else. He's been pretty cagey with his info. Almost as bad as anime cliffhangers.

Nick is also speculating on how hilarious it would be for a server to drop comically large envelopes with lawsuit documents at their workplaces or even at cons.

Urbanmech

Got an AC 10 and not afraid to use it!
kiwifarms.net
Someone above mentioned that in YF's stream that it's not Sabat, but someone else with a lot of clout in the dubbing biz.

Not sure if it's in reference to the conventions specifically or something else. He's been pretty cagey with his info. Almost as bad as anime cliffhangers.

Nick is also speculating on how hilarious it would be for a server to drop comically large envelopes with lawsuit documents at their workplaces or even at cons.
That would be the cherry on top, for me at least.

5t3n0g0ph3r

kiwifarms.net

This is why I suggested looking at VAs who have their own recording studios, like Chis Sabat's OkraTron 5000, or those who are consistently involved in a producer or director role (which is why I suggested Mike McFarland).

Last edited:
Tags
weebs

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino