Weeb Wars / Animegate / #kickvic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

Urbanmech

Got an AC 10 and not afraid to use it!
kiwifarms.net
I routinely use capitalized words for emphasis when italics are not available to me.

Without more, I think he's just saying that a DB con should definitely invite Broly's VA seeing as how well that movie did. He's routinely emphasized the cash cow that movie was since this mess started.

And, holy shit, are the Farms ever a mess right now. The server is laggy AF. Fuckin' New Zealand Kiwi.
Yea with his stream last night and him wanting to let everyone know who it was, just thinking maybe he's dropping hints. But like I said I may be reading too much into it.

OldAmishRenegade

kiwifarms.net
This is why I suggested looking at VAs who have their own recording studios, like Chis Sabat's OkraTron 5000, or those who are consistently involved in a producer or director role (which is why I suggested Mik McFarland).
The only Funi VAs I can think of with similar/higher status to Sabat are Mike McFarland (really hope it's not him), Justin Cook, and Colleen Clinkenbeard. Maybe Caitlin Glass. I guess Sean Schemmel has pull as the voice of Goku.

>Jamie Marchie
Jamie Marchi and Amber Heard are cut from the same crazy cloth.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
kiwifarms.net
The only Funi VAs I can think of with similar/higher status to Sabat are Mike McFarland (really hope it's not him), Justin Cook, and Colleen Clinkenbeard.
I know this going to sound stupid but have McFarland, Cook, and Clinkenbeard retweeted, liked, or made #kickvic tweets?
I don't remember if they did.

New_001

Guy that still plays Halo Custom Edition
kiwifarms.net
So anyone got a TL|DR on the last 7 days.
I assume we are generally in a holding pattern waiting for news. Most of the fools seem to have gone dark.

Intelligent Calcium

kiwifarms.net
I assume we are generally in a holding pattern waiting for news. Most of the fools seem to have gone dark.
Honestly nothing. Nick talked a lot, but it was all theorizing and teasing. The most notable thing is probably that he strongly suggested that they can prove tortious interference with contract, which wasn't certain before. That, and Marzgurl started to backpedal, but that's only mildly amusing.

• Agree
Reactions: Burnout

Clint Westwood

Boats and hoes.
kiwifarms.net
Amanda Winn-Lee: Radio silence since her thread started (Hi, Brianna)
Hanleia: Protected since she got doxed
Pridemore: Repeatedly reactivating/deactivating account for pity points
Samantha Inoue-Harte: DFE Mode since the SWAT Hoax
Tara Sands hasn’t posted in 20 hours. She had said some nasty things about Vic, like how he was supposedly kicked out of studios because of his behavior and that she heard stories about him as well.

Also, Neil Kaplan is still tweeting. He kinda defamed Vic by repurposing that stunt he and Vic did 10 years ago.
so we have:
Ron soy- Protected his account since early yesterday
Monica rial- no tweets since March 11th
Chris Sabat- no tweets since March 4th
Marzgurl- still blabbing with her sick backpeddle
>Jamie Marchie
Monica hasn’t tweeted since March 10th, not 11th.

• Informative
Reactions: Drip Feed

Kazuma Kuwabara

kiwifarms.net
Do we know any VAs that have come out as pro-Vic? Obviously, Todd is on his side seeing how he's going through the same thing. I also remember reading that Eric Vale (Trunks, Sanji, Phoenix Wright in the anime) gave his support to Vic when the thread was really new (less than 50 pages), but I never saw anything to really back this up.

Jaimas

Autism War Correspondent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do we know any VAs that have come out as pro-Vic? Obviously, Todd is on his side seeing how he's going through the same thing. I also remember reading that Eric Vale (Trunks, Sanji, Phoenix Wright in the anime) gave his support to Vic when the thread was really new (less than 50 pages), but I never saw anything to really back this up.
None have spoken up.

Curious Addie

kiwifarms.net
If it was not Sabat, it was probably Sean Schemmel. The dude has been slithering around behind the scenes just as much, and he apparently really hated Vic Mignogna in that special way a man with severe Bi Polar disorder and nascent narcissism only can.
On the YF stream last night Nick giggles when YF asked if it was Schemmel, maybe that's his tell.
It's at 39 minutes.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
kiwifarms.net
  • Nick Rekieta interviewed the Amazon Legion of Doom, the three female attorneys at The Beard's law firm.
  • PULL is the Chernobyl of Fujoshits.
  • DC Douglas is a basket case.
  • Dirty secrets of Kanzenshuu.
  • iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon do not feature Vic Mignogna as part of the casts of Dragon Ball Super: Broly, Full Metal Alchemist, One Piece: Episode of Sabo, and RWBY Season 6. Rekieta called out iTunes about it, a member of the website said they had no control over it. Rekieta then called out Funimation, Funimation claimed it was a "glitch" and Vic was now properly credited. Except it wasn't as it was revealed that the profile on iTunes for Broly is NOT Vic's actual profile! Rooster Teeth did not respond at all.
  • Todd Haberkorn is being represented in a separate case by The Beard's firm.
  • Nick Rekieta hosted 3 panels (one with The Casual Otaku) at CONmunity 2019 in Amarillo, Texas.
  • ThatUmbrellaGuy hosted a stream interviewing Deneice Leigh, one of the owners of Anime Matsuri.
  • Discovered more info on HanLeia (real name: Allison Cooke). Please see page 1 for more info.
  • CosThot Rachel Moonbutt. That's all you need to know.
  • Japan Times article by Roland Kelts. Kelts' bias is apparent as glass. Kiwis dug deep and found there are some connections between ANN and Japan Times.
  • ANN's Nick Creamer (bobduh) made himself look like an ass.
  • Dumbwits sent complaints to the Minnesota State Bar about Rekieta. Rekieta read them in a stream, hilarity ensued.
  • Hello! I debuted here (If you want to know Rooster Teeth's past with someone engaging in sexual misconduct, I recommend checking out that post). Not to toot my own horn too much but I also posted The History of The Hashtag #IStandWithVic
  • Prominent #kickvic Todd Hiddleston-on-crack member, Josh Clark (NJ4K) exposed as a possible sexual abuser himself.
  • Shane still being the lolcow that he is. Same with Ron Toye, except Soye actually sent a complaint to Rekieta. Rekieta said he might go scorched earth on Toye. Fun stuff.
  • ThatUmbrellaGuy reviewed the book, How to Destroy A Man Now (DAMN). A vile book that can be seen as the playbook of #kickvic in the Weeb Wars.
  • Anime Outsiders was on Rekieta's stream and aired out the dirty laundry of ANN (especially about Zac Bertschy's case) and pretty much state Chris Sabat is like a Mafia Don strong-arming VAs like John Swassey.
  • Nick Rekieta was banned from Twitter for a short period of time because someone reported a tweet of his from 2017.
  • More insanity from Amanda Winn Lee.
  • HawaiiCon announced they are going to have Vic as a guest. Of course, #kickvic wants to boycott it. Thanks to Super Girl's not-so-covert ops, she exposed Leah Rose and Kelly Onelani as contributors to the i09 article.
  • We discovered Anime News Network is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec. Possibly in CEO Chris MacDonald's apartment that is in close proximity to Université de Montréal, where MacDonald attended 19 years ago.
  • Rekieta teased that there is someone at Sabat's level (NOT Sabat himself) of power and clout actively making moves to remove Vic from conventions, which might call for Tortious Interference of Contract.
None have spoken up.
Reuben Langdon recently stated that Vic is "innocent until proven guilty."

Last edited:

Truthboi

Prince of filthy weeaboos
kiwifarms.net
I remember Caitlin Glass supported Vic but silenced herself and deleted her statements when the mess got too big.

Most are probably just going to stay silent which is honestly the best move for them.

Clint Westwood

Boats and hoes.
kiwifarms.net
Getting that Wolverine dick. And when he climaxes he makes some kind of "coming up next on Toonami" pun bc dork.
McGlynn said she was supports people who claim they’ve been sexually assaulted by Kavanaugh, I think, so I can guess what side she’s on.

But she is a bit more mature about the subject; I’ll give her that.
So some slithering snake who has been covertly going around defaming Vic in PMs and the like is now directly benefiting from a con breaching a contract with Vic and establishing one with Sabat instead.

I'm sure it's completely innocent though and that he isn't going to get his ass sued off.
Interestingly enough, Sabat stopped tweeting at around the time Vic’s GoFundMe was funded.
This is why I suggested looking at VAs who have their own recording studios, like Chis Sabat's OkraTron 5000, or those who are consistently involved in a producer or director role (which is why I suggested Mik McFarland).
Vic has his own recording studio in California too. Would that in any way be an issue for Funimation in Texas, or is that reaching?

GeePee

kiwifarms.net
due to the non-union status of the Funimation dubs,there's no obligation of crediting their voice-actors if they feel like it(some VAs even prefer go uncredited or with fake names to protect their union status or when they work in anime with too much fan-service like High School DxD or Valkyrie Drive),so yeah,Funi can't be penalized for that.In fact,Sentai did the same with Illich Guardiola and uncredited him in an anime that was released after that scandal.

Monkey Prick

Wading in the pissy waters of lake Cresva
kiwifarms.net
McGlynn said she was supports people who claim they’ve been sexually assaulted by Kavanaugh, I think, so I can guess what side she’s on.

But she is a bit more mature about the subject; I’ll give her that.

Interestingly enough, Sabat stopped tweeting at around the time Vic’s GoFundMe was funded.

Vic has his own recording studio in California too. Would that in any way be an issue for Funimation in Texas, or is that reaching?
Because Funi use Sabat's studio to record Dragon ball, he's likely been dangling it over their heads this whole time.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
due to the non-union status of the Funimation dubs,there's no obligation of crediting their voice-actors if they feel like it(some VAs even prefer go uncredited or with fake names to protect their union status or when they work in anime with too much fan-service like High School DxD or Valkyrie Drive),so yeah,Funi can't be penalized for that.In fact,Sentai did the same with Illich Guardiola and uncredited him in an anime that was released after that scandal.
It isn't completely irrelevant. Vic couldn't probably sue for that by itself. However, it could still be part of the evidence establishing he was actually damaged by the scandal. The damages probably wouldn't be much as they were at least partly fixed, although apparently the credits on iTunes don't actually link to his real profile for some dumb(?) nefarious (?) reason.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone think it would be Justin Cook who is the higher up? I heard Sean on Geekdom podcast say he has to take orders from Justin
I don't know. Justin Cook does not have a social media account that I could find.
As for Colleen Clinkenbeard, she does not use social media often like Monica or Jamie. If she liked #kickvic tweets back when this first went down, she either unliked those tweets or no one bothered to archive those incidents.
As for Mike MacFarland, the same thing as Colleen.

Whoever Nick Rekieta was talking about must either be someone we already suspect or is pretty low-key.

Tags
weebs

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino