Weeb Wars / Animegate / #kickvic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

Vampy

kiwifarms.net
Apocrypha was not a bad source of cute boys, regardless of the flaws present in it. It was a parade of different kinds of 'cute boy' types.
Fair enough. While some characters were nice (I really liked Semiramis and Mordred) I'll never stop being mad at the wasted potential in that show.
So i'm not gay if I enjoy her?
Only if you focus on the dick.

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
Fair enough. While some characters were nice (I really liked Semiramis and Mordred) I'll never stop being mad at the wasted potential in that show.

Only if you focus on the dick.
Mordred was pretty great. And no one can tell me her dub voice was not 100% perfect. Granted, I usually like most Fate dub choices. I dunno if that's an Aniplex thing or a Fate thing. DEEN Fate got the amazing Liam O'Brien to voice Archer Emiya, so maybe it's just a Fate thing.

Can we start calling Beard Streams 'Beard Talk's, and if so, can it be a not-lame version of Ted Talk?

Bullshit Fucked

kiwifarms.net
Something I remembered from years back relating to Sabat and Mignogna.

Back when Funimation were redubbing the Saiyan - Namek episodes uncut for the first time, Vic was cast as Burter in the Ginyu Force. He managed to play the character up until just before the episode he was defeated, where due to possibly a scheduling conflict, Sabat took over the role for that single episode and the filler sequence on King Kai's planet.

No problem, right? Just call Vic back later and have him dub over the portions he was unable to be in town for?

Nope!

What they decided to do instead was redub over all of Vic's dialogue as Burter with Sabat instead, effectively erasing his work from existence and the only way you can actually hear him in the role is if you managed to record the episodes as they were airing on Cartoon Network for the first time. With Sabat taking over as Burter, he now voices 3 of the five Ginyu Force members all by himself, which is ironic as years later Sabat said he wanted to offload some of his roles to other people so he could properly focus on ones which he was more affiliated with (Piccolo, Vegeta, Yamcha etc).

In comes Dragon Ball Z Kai and guess what? Vic is back to voicing Burter again as well as Sabat letting go of Jeice and Burter as roles he voices, keeping only to Recoome.... Except this doesn't even last that long as just a few years later, Sabat is back in those roles yet again.

It's all a clusterfuck really.

LMR365

Nicolas Cage holding a birthday cake.
kiwifarms.net

Back when Funimation were redubbing the Saiyan - Namek episodes uncut for the first time, Vic was cast as Burter in the Ginyu Force. He managed to play the character up until just before the episode he was defeated, where due to possibly a scheduling conflict, Sabat took over the role for that single episode and the filler sequence on King Kai's planet.

No problem, right? Just call Vic back later and have him dub over the portions he was unable to be in town for?

Nope!

What they decided to do instead was redub over all of Vic's dialogue as Burter with Sabat instead, effectively erasing his work from existence and the only way you can actually hear him in the role is if you managed to record the episodes as they were airing on Cartoon Network for the first time. With Sabat taking over as Burter, he now voices 3 of the five Ginyu Force members all by himself, which is ironic as years later Sabat said he wanted to offload some of his roles to other people so he could properly focus on ones which he was more affiliated with (Piccolo, Vegeta, Yamcha etc).

In comes Dragon Ball Z Kai and guess what? Vic is back to voicing Burter again as well as Sabat letting go of Jeice and Burter as roles he voices, keeping only to Recoome.... Except this doesn't even last that long as just a few years later, Sabat is back in those roles yet again.

When the lawsuit hits them hard. Toei Animation will make the Funimation version of DBZ Kai, One Piece and any Toei Animation show that Funimation dubbed disappear with a snap of their fingers.

School of Fish

kiwifarms.net

Nope!

So Funimation were snakes then like they are now.

Do you know the story of 'The Scorpion and the Frog'? It's an old Russian fable about a scorpion that asks a frog to give him a ride across a river. At first the frog was hesitant to accept the scorpion's request because the frog was afraid that the scorpion will sting him and kill him along the way. But the scorpion argued that he wouldn't sting him because if he did then they both would drown. So the frog gives the scorpion a ride. But as they make it halfway across the river, the scorpion then stings the frog with its venom. As the frog begins to die and lose consciousness the frog asks the scorpion why he stung him and the scorpion replied, "I couldn't help it. It's in my nature."

So the moral of the story is that not everyone seems like who they say they are and it's always best to keep your guard up so that you don't get screwed over.

Keystone

kiwifarms.net
tl;dr from the stream tonight:
The suit got pushed back because new stuff came in that is utterly devastating for the #KickVic side they wanted to add, but they need to verify it first. Otherwise it's all ready to go. Basically yesterday was a bust because the KickVic tards managed to find a new way to fuck up so bad it had to get added to the lawsuit.

The Jellybean Story and 2 other stories. It's from the Funimation investigation. 2 of them have zero hints of sexual abuse/assault. 1 has Vic having a consensual kiss with a coworker. The other story Nick won't/can't talk about, but it's implied to be equally innocuous.

Ah but now comes the Jellybean Story: Vic and Monica are at a con, and Monica has a bag of jellybeans. Vic wants a jellybean, and Monica consents while signing the jellybean as a funny joke; you know, signing it like you'd sign something for a fan. She tosses it to him, then he eats it. Then he says something like "Now I can say I ate Monica Rial." Friendly banter, you know? That's it.

That's the story.

That story (and the other 2) was apparently an adequate fucking reason to let go of Vic. Funimation is that fucking dumb. This is the "super srs" investigation Funimation did. This jellybean story is what these speds with #KV rallied behind. Fucking amazing. They (ALLEGEDLY, WINK FUCKING WINK) then went a step further and started running gay ops to get Vic completely shoah'd out of the anime industry, while using their investigation that totally proved he was a sex pest as a preamble for all of it.

Last edited:

Least Concern

Pretend I have a waifu avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
That story (and the other 2) was apparently an adequate fucking reason to let go of Vic. Funimation is that fucking dumb.
Nitpick: The story that we had heard so far was that the internal investigation was inconclusive, and these two stories corroborate that. It doesn't seem that they kicked Vic because of the investigation; rather, they kicked him in spite of the investigation.

Army Burger

The Original Burger
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nitpick: The story that we had heard so far was that the internal investigation was inconclusive, and these two stories corroborate that. It doesn't seem that they kicked Vic because of the investigation; rather, they kicked him in spite of the investigation.
Hoo boy, how stubborn

GethN7

Pederasts Should Be Gassed
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ah but now comes the Jellybean Story: Vic and Monica are at a con, and Monica has a bag of jellybeans. Vic wants a jellybean, and Monica consents while signing the jellybean as a funny joke; you know, signing it like you'd sign something for a fan. She tosses it to him, then he eats it. Then he says something like "Now I can say I ate Monica Rial." Friendly banter, you know? That's it.

That's the story.

That story (and the other 2) was apparently an adequate fucking reason to let go of Vic. Funimation is that fucking dumb. This is the "super srs" investigation Funimation did. This jellybean story is what these speds with #KV rallied behind. Fucking amazing. They (ALLEGEDLY, WINK FUCKING WINK) then went a step further and started running gay ops to get Vic completely shoah'd out of the anime industry, while using their investigation as a preamble for all of it.
You have to be kidding on the jellybean thing.

That's not just spiteful, it's utterly insane.

It was obviously a fucking joke at the time, you can;t call it something else later when it was always intended to be a harmless joke that Rial herself was in on at time.

boulderblundermatt90

kiwifarms.net
You have to be kidding on the jellybean thing.

That's not just spiteful, it's utterly insane.

It was obviously a fucking joke at the time, you can;t call it something else later when it was always intended to be a harmless joke that Rial herself was in on at time.
Geth. Geth buddy. look at me. listen to me.

its okay. it'll be okay. ty will make things right. he'll make things right buddy.

Tags
weebs

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino