Weeb Wars - aka The TL;DR Thread & Other Announcements

Chudbacca

Fuck.
kiwifarms.net
Hola folks. Just left RocCon and have some pics for ya. But first I'll tell you what I saw. When it first opened there was a large glob of people in front of his table that tapered off toward the other end where poor Joey Fatone was. As the day went on Vic's line remained steady and by the time his 2:30 panel came up it was much bigger and comparing it to the other dude's (Fatone, Michael Dorn, Walter Jones) almost made me feel sorry for them.

The panel was in a nearly literal dungeon and lighting was pretty low but it was still cool despite a couple mic hogs like this guy in a dress doing voices for animations his friend did and the gradually increasing noise from inconsiderate fucks talking in the back.

Vic talked a lot about how for years people got to tell him how much he did for them and got them through hard times and now he gets to thank them. Feels, y'all. My wife kept teasing that I was crying.

Talked about how fucked our society has become with social media and the desire for others to destroy people because they're so sad. Of course you know I'm thinking of PULL, Soye, Doucette, etc. He even mentioned people having time to tweet a hundred times a day about other people and of course I thought of our favorite cockhead T. Greg.

He also made plenty of jokes about people cutting up what he said and editing it to say bad shit and I imagined doing it to some of the things he said and had a laugh.

The man was just full of gratitude and love and that's what he wanted to get across - that anything he's ever done was done with the best intentions.

After that we went upstairs for a green screen pic and my wife, baby daughter and I finally met him. The dude was absolutely genuine, cradling my daughter's head in his hand in amazement of her. It was just beautiful, man. The feels.

We then had a bro moment when I gave him a lighter I designed for him (shitty quality pic included) and one of his favorite cigars (Kuba Kuba by Acid. They're delicious. Taste like candy just like Rekieta told me they did). It was simply a pleasure to meet the man and give him support.

He looked amazing, really. My wife calls him my man crush. I mean I was feeling a little gay but not really. But for real the dude had more energy than anyone there and I don't believe he's 57. Must be 40 at most.

His merchandisers also had these bracelets made and were either selling them or giving them away but I wasn't planning on taking one because I don't subscribe to the hashtag stuff and didn't think that should be brought up there. However I found one on the floor so I took it and put it on. It's pretty funny.

I fucking love that guy. Genuine Italiano. @Svetlana you've got an awesome friend and I wish him the best and can't wait to see him again. He must be kept alive and well to continue spreading his positivity to people. Can't let people like Marchi, Ron, and Monica and their pathetic ilk divide and hurt people out of spite.

The positive message he sends to young people in dire straits is too fucking important for some malicious, empty people to destroy. You have to take a fucking stand, man. Not just for him but also for the people standing on the edge who just need one fucking person to give them an encouraging word. I understand much better now why he matters so much to others and why they matter to him. Can't let jealous people who wouldn't give a shit if a sad, dorky anime loving kid hurt themselves destroy that.

None of lawtwitter, or Funi, or consluts, or fat attention-seeking whores with blue hair understands that. They just do not. It is beyond them. It's a joke to them.

Well, they're just fucking wrong, man.

Oh yes his mother was there! He introduced her at the panel. I wanted to go say hello to her but forgot to. Shit! Oh well. There's next year.

Any other questions please ask me. And if I did some powerleveling, I'm sorry. It was great to meet him but it isn't about me. The stakes are far greater than personal interests, that's clear. That's just a fact of life. I feel it very strongly and I feel it for these kids or young adults who need him far more than my grown ass.

No matter what happens in this lawsuit I guarantee Vic wins life in the end. Sounds corny but I'm fucking serious. He's younger and stronger in spirit than any of the slags out there trying to kill him. Goddamn guarantee it.

(But seriously if I powerleveled just let me know and I'll edit. I won't be sharing our picture with him. Not here, at least.)

Oh and by the way when we left at 4:00 he seemed to pretty much have the only line left there. I mean it was impressive even for a smaller venue than your typical con. Fucking great, man.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Svetlana

To boldly go
kiwifarms.net
Vic talked a lot about how for years people got to tell him how much he did for them and got them through hard times and now he gets to thank them. Feels, y'all. My wife kept teasing that I was crying.

His merchandisers also had these bracelets made and were either selling them or giving them away but I wasn't planning on taking one because I don't subscribe to the hashtag stuff and didn't think that should be brought up there. However I found one on the floor so I took it and put it on. It's pretty funny.

The positive message he sends to young people in dire straits is too fucking important for some malicious, empty people to destroy. You have to take a fucking stand, man. Not just for him but also for the people standing on the edge who just need one fucking person to give them an encouraging word. I understand much better now why he matters so much to others and why they matter to him. Can't let jealous people who wouldn't give a shit if a sad, dorky anime loving kid hurt themselves destroy that.

No matter what happens in this lawsuit I guarantee Vic wins life in the end. Sounds corny but I'm fucking serious. He's younger and stronger in spirit than any of the slags out there trying to kill him. Goddamn guarantee it.
I was on the phone with Vic just now when I saw the tag, so I read this to him. Your words meant so much to him and I wanted you to know. He remembered you from your description and was tickled by your cigar and lighter gifts which he will likely be enjoying after dinner.

You are SPOT ON with what you said about the positive message he imparts and its importance - I don't think that gets stressed nearly enough. I have read so many messages and emails fans have sent to him over the years describing how some kindness he showed them at the right moment caused them to reconsider suicide or cutting, etc. He REALLY does care and, in return, his fans care about him.

Sorry you didn't get to meet Barb! Maybe tomorrow?

Anyway, he asked me to thank you again.

OneHandClapping

yamate itae
kiwifarms.net
Hola folks. Just left RocCon and have some pics for ya. But first I'll tell you what I saw. When it first opened there was a large glob of people in front of his table that tapered off toward the other end where poor Joey Fatone was. As the day went on Vic's line remained steady and by the time his 2:30 panel came up it was much bigger and comparing it to the other dude's (Fatone, Michael Dorn, Walter Jones) almost made me feel sorry for them.

The panel was in a nearly literal dungeon and lighting was pretty low but it was still cool despite a couple mic hogs like this guy in a dress doing voices for animations his friend did and the gradually increasing noise from inconsiderate fucks talking in the back.

Talked about how fucked our society has become with social media and the desire for others to destroy people because they're so sad. Of course you know I'm thinking of PULL, Soye, Doucette, etc. He even mentioned people having time to tweet a hundred times a day about other people and of course I thought of our favorite cockhead T. Greg.

He also made plenty of jokes about people cutting up what he said and editing it to say bad shit and I imagined doing it to some of the things he said and had a laugh.

The man was just full of gratitude and love and that's what he wanted to get across - that anything he's ever done was done with the best intentions.

After that we went upstairs for a green screen pic and my wife, baby daughter and I finally met him. The dude was absolutely genuine, cradling my daughter's head in his hand in amazement of her. It was just beautiful, man. The feels.

We then had a bro moment when I gave him a lighter I designed for him (shitty quality pic included) and one of his favorite cigars (Kuba Kuba by Acid. They're delicious. Taste like candy just like Rekieta told me they did). It was simply a pleasure to meet the man and give him support.

He looked amazing, really. My wife calls him my man crush. I mean I was feeling a little gay but not really. But for real the dude had more energy than anyone there and I don't believe he's 57. Must be 40 at most.

I fucking love that guy. Genuine Italiano. @Svetlana you've got an awesome friend and I wish him the best and can't wait to see him again. He must be kept alive and well to continue spreading his positivity to people. Can't let people like Marchi, Ron, and Monica and their pathetic ilk divide and hurt people out of spite.

None of lawtwitter, or Funi, or consluts, or fat attention-seeking whores with blue hair understands that. They just do not. It is beyond them. It's a joke to them.

Oh yes his mother was there! He introduced her at the panel. I wanted to go say hello to her but forgot to. Shit! Oh well. There's next year.

Any other questions please ask me. And if I did some powerleveling, I'm sorry. It was great to meet him but it isn't about me. The stakes are far greater than personal interests, that's clear. That's just a fact of life. I feel it very strongly and I feel it for these kids or young adults who need him far more than my grown ass.

(But seriously if I powerleveled just let me know and I'll edit. I won't be sharing our picture with him. Not here, at least.)

Oh and by the way when we left at 4:00 he seemed to pretty much have the only line left there. I mean it was impressive even for a smaller venue than your typical con. Fucking great, man.

Amid the storm of autism that is KiwiFarms (and Weeb Wars in particular) this was unexpectedly wholesome.

Of course, this is also all a fabrication, since the only people who have good thing to say about Vic are basement dwelling incels. The wife is a lie.

Chudbacca

Fuck.
kiwifarms.net
I was on the phone with Vic just now when I saw the tag, so I read this to him. Your words meant so much to him and I wanted you to know. He remembered you from your description and was tickled by your cigar and lighter gifts which he will likely be enjoying after dinner.

You are SPOT ON with what you said about the positive message he imparts and its importance - I don't think that gets stressed nearly enough. I have read so many messages and emails fans have sent to him over the years describing how some kindness he showed them at the right moment caused them to reconsider suicide or cutting, etc. He REALLY does care and, in return, his fans care about him.

Sorry you didn't get to meet Barb! Maybe tomorrow?

Anyway, he asked me to thank you again.
Well it warms my cockles that he's tickled. Heh.

Unfortunately we had to head home a few hours away so we won't be back tomorrow. Next year we'll say hi for sure, if she's there.

Thank you for reading him my post. It's awesome that you did that. I'm glad it means a lot to him. I meant everything I said. There just isn't enough time to sit and have a conversation when everyone wants to meet you so it's very nice of you to relay the message.

Hopefully he has something else to light the cigar with though cause I didn't prefill it...

Amid the storm of autism that is KiwiFarms (and Weeb Wars in particular) this was unexpectedly wholesome.

Of course, this is also all a fabrication, since the only people who have good thing to say about Vic are basement dwelling incels. The wife is a lie.
That's what they want the truth to be. It helps people like Renfamous feel better to think that no one exists who enjoys spending time with their spouse more than obsessing over strangers online.

Last edited by a moderator:

Svetlana

To boldly go
kiwifarms.net
Well it warms my cockles that he's tickled. Heh.

Unfortunately we had to head home a few hours away so we won't be back tomorrow. Next year we'll say hi for sure, if she's there.

Thank you for reading him my post. It's awesome that you did that. I'm glad it means a lot to him. I meant everything I said. There just isn't enough time to sit and have a conversation when everyone wants to meet you so it's very nice of you to relay the message.

Hopefully he has something else to light the cigar with though cause I didn't prefill it...
Well then maybe it will survive TSA, unlike the last lighter...

• Feels
Reactions: Chudbacca

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Thank you for report from RocCon.

Son of Sparda 84

kiwifarms.net

THANK YOU HE'S AWARE OF THIS SHIT

Chudbacca

Fuck.
kiwifarms.net
Well then maybe it will survive TSA, unlike the last lighter...
Lolz. He told me about that. I'll have to ask my buddy about that kind of BS as he works for the TSA. Seems kind of like outright theft to me but I'm not the gubment.

THANK YOU HE'S AWARE OF THIS SHIT
He was talking about this guy who came from Amsterdam and asked us all to thank him for coming so far to bring so much positivity to the convention and then he says he hopes he isnt planning on going back because he wants to take bring him home and put him in his closet and call it....the encouragement closet or something.

Obviously I turned to my wife and said that could be taken so homoerotically he must have been setting that up to be clipped.

But the most heartwarming thing was when this little lady (hard to tell how old she was. Maybe just a very dainty 20 something, or a teenager) asked him to do an Ed short rant. He remarked on how small she was and joked that she was raising her hand secretly hoping she'd be too small to see because she was too nervous to actually ask a question (which makes the upcoming proposed clip so much funnier). He said you know there's so many touching moments with Ed that shows his soft side but everyone always wants to hear a rant!

Anyways he said why don't you come and do it? Brought her up and gave her the line, something like WHO'RE YOU CALLING A PIPSQUEAK MIDGET and she repeated it so meekly and he kept given her coaching until she did it pretty well. It was fucking cute. Then he says "here's you reward" and does it Ed-style into the mic. Then I'm just imagining someone cutting it to make it sound like he's being a total asshole just randomly screaming at some sweet little lady PIPSQUEAK MIDGET and exceptional individuals online saying there's that notorious temper again. That fucking monster!

He also joked about having to do "hover-hand" and said "we all know why that is." He seemed to be making a lot of veiled references to the case, Funi, lawtwitter, etc.

But he did hug lots of people. I didn't see hover-hand. It made me happy to see him do that. Hugs are good shit man. I was raised a hugger as well.

Everyone here in this thread should go hug something right now.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Frontlines of the Weeb Wars (aka the TL;DR Edition)

The Legal Front
- As reported by Susan Grigsby of the Dallas Morning News, Judge Chupp as ordered all parties to enter mediation and if agreements are not meant by October 3rd, he would rule on all outstanding orders the following day:
Grigsby Chupp Mediation.PNG

[archive is not working]
Ty Beard, Vic Mignogna's lawyer, seemingly confirmed this new development:

Nick Rekieta offered this comment:

UPDATE:
The unfiled document can be found here (courtesy of @Nontransferable):

The Social Media Front
- A Twitter user with the handle @JessWalt1 seemingly leaked a private Discord message from Jamie Marchi and Monica Rial:

and made some overture statement of being in said Discord group:

However, Jess Walt's statements soon came under scrutiny by those such as PepperMonster:

Not long after, Walt's facade dropped and they revealed they were actually KickVic and were trying to trick ISWV users to run with the false narrative (failed as none of the main ISWV YouTubers bought it):

Instead, they were blocked by KickVic for all their efforts.
After which, the account was nuked (courtesy of @Junk Dog):

- Anthony Gamuglia returned with another article, this time published by CBR (formerly Comic Book Resources) (courtesy of @Nontransferable):

- Several ISWV YouTubers had their Twitter accounts flagged:

- Ellie Main, Rooster Teeth Creative Producer that was a writer, director, editor, and camera operator for The Lab, host of Skill Tree, and the host of RWBY Rewind for Volume 6, left the company:

- Gray Haddock, former Head of Rooster Teeth Animation, responded to the criticisms laid onto him in the wake of his departure from Rooster Teeth:
Myke Chapman, former 2D FX Animator for Rooster Teeth's series RWBY and gen:LOCk, responded to Haddock:

- UPDATE (09/18/2019):
Earthworm Jim creator Doug TenNapel featured Vic Mignogna on a recent stream:

- UPDATE (09/21/2019):
A fan of Todd Haberkorn tweeted that they received DMs from a person demanding that they give up Haberkorn's address as they intended to assault and/or kill the voice actor:
The validity of the story remains to be verified.
Interestingly, this incident occurred exactly two months after Haberkorn's Amazon account was seemingly hacked:
Haberkorn Amazon Hack.jpg

Last edited:

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The Convention Front
- Vic Mignogna is scheduled to go to HawaiiCon on September 26-29:
Nick Rekieta has also stated that he will be at HawaiiCon.

- Collector's World (also known as CarribeanCon) has invited Vic Mignogna to their convention, which takes place October 28 - November 3, 2019:
UPDATE: @damian stated he will attend the con.

UPDATE (09/24/2019):
- Ohana Comic Con has invited Vic Mignogna to their convention in Blue Lake, California during October 26-27 (courtesy of @theworstkindofeurofag):
Vic Ohana Con 2019.PNG

The Social Media Front
- The American Bar Association has curiously commented on Mignogna v. Funimation et al and Weeb Wars as a whole (courtesy of @Nontransferable):
https:/twitter.com/ABAesq/status/1176164372479193094
They linked an article from the Verge on the subject:

- @ShortRound received a message on Facebook regarding a well-known image of Dominique Skye:
Skye filed a DMCA against @ShortRound for using said image:
Dom content.PNG
Dom DMCA.PNG

Last edited:

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The Social Media Front
- Funimation announced that Sony and Aniplex have merged Funimation, Wakanim (French-based anime streaming service), and Madman Anime Group (Australian-based anime streaming service) under "one roof" (courtesy of @Commander Shepard):
CULVER CITY, CA – September 24, 2019 – Sony Pictures Television, a division of Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., and Aniplex Inc., a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., today announced they have combined multiple Sony-owned Anime streaming businesses. France’s Wakanim, Australia’s Madman Anime Group and US-based Funimation will form a joint venture to be owned by Aniplex and Sony Pictures Television. The venture will be led by Funimation’s General Manager, Colin Decker.

Under this structure, Funimation will acquire and distribute Anime content from Japan across this global portfolio of brands, each with deep regional expertise in serving fans. Now with a larger global footprint, the combined businesses will expand their 360° / multi-channel approach to fan engagement that spans home entertainment, theatrical distribution, live events and merchandising.

As the first project of this union, Funimation will be the exclusive(*) streaming home of the latest installment in the Fate/Grand Order series for one month. On October 5, Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia will be simulcast in the US on FunimationNow and will launch on Wakanim and Madman Anime Group’s AnimeLab in their respective territories. Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia is the first television animation series of the Fate/Grand Order mobile game, a global phenomenon which has been recognized as one of the most successful mobile games in the world with over 41 million downloads worldwide.

Mike Hopkins – Sony Pictures Television Chairman
“Anime is a growing area of importance for us at Sony Pictures Television. By combining these businesses, we immediately increase our global reach and expertise in SVOD, theatrical, home video, merchandising, events and more. Along with our world-class marketing capabilities, we’re well-positioned to deliver unprecedented results for our partners and the best possible Anime experience for the fans.”

Atsuhiro Iwakami – Aniplex Inc. President
“Through Sony group’s integration of Anime related streaming services, we are thrilled that numerous Japanese Anime titles will be distributed globally through its digital platforms. We hope our partnership will contribute to the further development and expansion of the Japanese Anime industry.”

Colin Decker – General Manager, Funimation
“For 25 years, Funimation has served creators, publishers, and fans. By merging, we can extend our support of the industry for another 25 years with some of the most respected talent, and brands, in global Anime.”

*Starting on October 5, episodes of Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia will stream exclusively for one month on FunimationNow, Wakanim and Madman Anime Group’s AnimeLab before becoming available on other platforms.

ABOUT SONY PICTURES TELEVISION
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) is one of the television industry’s leading content providers, producing, distributing and carrying programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. In addition to managing one of the industry’s largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, SPT is home to a thriving global content business, operating 24 wholly-owned or joint-venture production companies in 12 countries, as well as linear and digital channels around the world. Sony Pictures Television is a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company.

ABOUT ANIPLEX INC.
Aniplex is a diversified global entertainment company with focus on the planning and production of anime video and music content, distribution of its physical and digital products, development of related game apps and merchandise, and stage production of musicals and live events. Aniplex is a subsidiary company of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc.

ABOUT FATE/GRAND ORDER
As one of the most successful mobile games in the world, Fate/Grand Order is a free-to-play mobile RPG distributed by Aniplex, which is currently available in over ten regions and five languages. The game features strategic, turn-based gameplay requiring players to assemble powerful teams in order to advance through the story based on TYPE-MOON’s celebrated Fate series. Together with its compelling narrative and characters, the game has captivated players worldwide and inspired an original anime special in 2016, the tabletop game, Fate/Grand Order Duel -collection figures-, and a TV anime series based on the game’s seventh chapter premiering in October 2019, as well as a two-part feature-length film inspired by the game’s sixth chapter in 2020.

In addition to being featured on Android Authority’s “10 Best Gacha Games and Mobile RPGs for Android” article, the game received praise from the official Apple App Store Games Twitter account, which posted: “We were curious why Fate/Grand Order was so popular. Now we can’t stop playing it.” Fate/Grand Order also received an award for excellence in the Game of the Year division at the Japan Game Awards 2018 organized by the Computer Entertainment Supplier’s Association (CESA).

Official Website: https://fate-go.us/

ABOUT FATE/GRAND ORDER ABSOLUTE DEMONIC FRONT: BABYLONIA
Hailed as one of the most beloved chapters in Part 1 of Fate/Grand Order, the climactic seventh and final Singularity features a host of captivating characters and a deep, rich story written by Kinoko Nasu, the visionary mind behind the Fate universe!

Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front: Babyloniatransports viewers back to the age of ancient Mesopotamia, 2655 B.C., and the city of Uruk governed by the wise King Gilgamesh. In this heart-racing story of a desperate fortress city under siege by deities and Demonic Beasts, the main character, Ritsuka Fujimaru, and his companion, Mash Kyrielight, must stand up for mankind in a last-ditch effort to prevent humanity’s extinction as they embark on their final and most formidable battle.

Official Website: https://anime.fate-go.us/ep7-tv/
ClownfishTV covered the development:

- Major restructuring happening within Rooster Teeth:

1. Burnie Burns, co-founder of Rooster Teeth, announced he is stepping down as CCO:

2. Matt Hullum, co-founder of Rooster Teeth, is no longer CEO and is replacing Burns:

3. The CEO position is now being held by Jordan Levin, CEO of Awesomeness:

4. Barbara Dunkelman (voice actress for Yang Xiao Long in RWBY) is now Creative Director at Rooster Teeth:
https://twitter.com/bdunkelman/status/1176666933141413888

5. Geoff Ramsey, co-founder of Rooster Teeth and Achievement Hunters, is now the Executive Creative Director:

Last edited:

YTV In the 90s

kiwifarms.net

The Legal Front
Some filings were made available as the hearing was underway:
- Ty Beard, Vic Mignogna's lawyer, filed an Amended Motion to Strike or Disregard the Defendants' Late Filings
- The Court filed an Order on Plaintiff's Objections and Motions to Strike
- John Volney, Funimation's lawyer, filed a Bench Brief on Texas Rule of Civil Procedure 59

The Social Media Front
- Sharon Grigsby, who was present at the TCPA hearing, published an article about it in the Dallas Morning News:

UPDATE
- Within the span of two weeks, four Rooster Teeth employees and associates have left the company:
Ashley Jenkins, founder of The Know (Rooster Teeth's news division), wife of founder Burnie Burns, and RWBY voice actor, on August 30th:
Bruce Greene, of Funhaus, on September 3rd:
Max Kruemcke, one of Rooster Teeth's Art Directors, on September 5th:
Rocco Botte, of Mega64, on September 6th:

Hero Hei and ClownfishTV covered the departures:
I'm a little confused, it's been awhile since I listened to Mega64's podcast, but last I heard it was one of their friends who worked at Rooster teeth and kinda got poached, when did Rocco join them? Mega64 has been self sustained for awhile, and he's been at the head for years.