This sounds a litttle vague. What kind theories are you thinking of?Hey, is there any sort of criteria to starting a thread? I was kinda thinking of starting a "general speculation thread" where users can post their Weeb War theories, but I'm not sure if it would be redundant.
I do agree though, once the legal matters are done, it's best to move any lolcows to their relevant forums and lock the original thread. Not many people are going to bother reading a thread over 2000 pages thats still going. If anything specific and important comes up it would probably get an article that could be talked about in A&H.Thank god this re.tard is banned jesus christ his autism was too much
Jesus Christ what the fuck.
I disagree. Vic is the focus right now in the Weeb Wars, but there are two related lawsuits in the works:I do agree though, once the legal matters are done, it's best to move any lolcows to their relevant forums and lock the original thread.
Insane speculation and theories seem fine with CWC and other cows. Dunno why it shouldn't be fine here.Hey, is there any sort of criteria to starting a thread? I was kinda thinking of starting a "general speculation thread" where users can post their Weeb War theories, but I'm not sure if it would be redundant.
First Shane, now this guy:Pending verification:
Rial's flecktarn-clad secret agent mall ninja "security" guy has apparently paid us a visit.
Edit: verification passed
He also has his own thread now.
He is back. He has notes. He is still teasing, but here is what we got So far:
View attachment 779494
"The verdict? You know they went in for a hearing for confidentiality..."
"I know the judge is probably pissed"
"Shane wasn't there"
"Casey was a sassy cuck. He mentioned Nick's time three or four times. Casey said he is a big fan of Nick's videos"
"They explained to judge what Anime is. he knew what the anime was already, kinda"
"Casey said Vic's name wrong repeatedly"
"Judge asked what the court could do for Vic. Vic's lawyer answered to repair Vic's reputation."
"Depositions. Probably are gonna be on the second week of june and will be held at the courthouse. Casey has agreed to Not file an ANTI-SLAPP MOTION before Vic's deposition is done."
"No Anti-Slapp at all" , but factualness of this is iffy because Nick does not think Judge can do that.
"No confidentiality for depositions apart from Tax filings and things like that"
"Judge asked why the lawyers are here instead of figuring this between themselves?"
"Casey does not think the tweeting by Ron Soye is defamation"
NICK: "I sent Ty a text message "Congratsulations" and Ty replied, "No way the Farms have the transcripts of the hearing already?" "
I think we are done. Somebody ordered In n out live in the voice chat. Peace!
Thanks, i keep getting sidetracked from the main thread. Currently a little under 200 pages late.Before I proceed, I want to thank @emspex for even permitting this post. I apologize for triple posting, but I really wish someone would make updates here other than myself. But, this content is not for me to parade as a triumph through the streets. This is for those who do not want to search through the 1500 pages of the main thread.
The Frontlines of the Weeb Wars (aka the TL;DR Edition)
The Legal Front
- Funimation filed their Rule 11 Agreement
- Casey Erick filed MTQ Deposition Notice and Motion to Compel (not as egregious as the first document, but still terrible as Erick or his assistant misquoted the case documents used to back up this filing):
- Jamie Marchi filed her response:
- The hearing was presided by Judge John P. Chupp with Ty Beard and Jim E. Bullock representing Vic Mignogna and Casey Erick (with a member of his counsel?) representing Ron Toye and Monica Rial. Funimation's lawyer, John Volney, and Marchi's lawyer, Samuel Johnson, were also present in an observatory capacity. Other observers included voice actor Chuck Huber and Tazz (not the wrestler), a member of Nick Rekieta's Discord. Tazz relayed his observations on Discord and @KEK7go transcribed them:
The Convention Front
- Vic Mignogna is set to attend Savannah Mega Comic Con this weekend:
- Comic Con Ireland announced they are going to feature Vic as a guest (June 22-23rd):
KickVic Brigades tweet swarmed the announcement:
This includes the blue orca herself:
The Social Media Front
- Anime News Network CEO, Christopher Macdonald, responded from ANN's official Twitter to Hero Hei getting his YouTube DMCA slapped down:
Macdonald (under the username Tempest) retreated to ANN's Forums to respond to Hero Hei's response:
Turns out even Geekdom101 does not think too highly of ANN:
In a surprise twist, Jeremy Hambly aka TheQuartering responded that he would not only upload the stream without edits, but he was also willing to fight ANN in court over "fair use" content:
Eventually, Christopher Macdonald "apologized" to Hero Hei: