Weigh-in | March 18th 03/18/20 -

Daisy

I have a complicated relationship with Mondays
kiwifarms.net
Ehhh, am skeptical. She likely lost weight when she was super sick, stalled for a while, then happened to get 'lucky' that Corona-chan made the government order a shutdown of all non-essential services (a.k.a the restaurants.)

Once late spring comes around and she is eager to be out, the restaurants will be opening back up and the Derpy Ds will be coming back around for some more mooochins. This is the real test, since these outings contribute to a lot of her weight gain as she simply lives to eat, and the company she keeps (the Ds) also love to eat.
Restaurants are still allowed to deliver food or do curbside service, I'm surprised she's not taking advantage of that to have her orange chicken delivered straight to her gaping maw.

Turd Fergusson

kiwifarms.net
Holy shit, I was way the fuck off. Are her videos that monotonous?? Same few numbers, same patterns, all lahs, I'm not even gonna try and pick apart how much she really weighs behind the curtains anymore. It's all a blur at this point.
In the past, when she was a 600 pounds trainwreck, for some people, it was interesting to watch just for curiosity's sake. Now, if she loses a bit more weight, she will become a 400 pounds run-of-the-mill fattie with no interesting story. No one cares about her "journey" since she does not want to share anything about it. In the YouTube timeline, she is now an "has-been"; this arc of interest is now crashing down to earth. I suspect that her income will continue to go down; Becky, which is already half-way out the door, will bailout, and she will become desperate. It will be interesting to see what her second act is.

DefCon Dumb

Confronter of Cryptoid Cuntiness
kiwifarms.net
She's yet to realize that she's no longer irrelevant but inconsequential. The world has changed - seemingly overnight it has changed & she is poorly prepared to adapt. I want to slap her whining about her anxiety right now. This hasn't even started getting bad yet & believe me, this is going to get very, very bad. Her viewers are going to have real life situations to occupy their increasingly precious time & watching 10-30 minutes of nothing isn't going to make the cut. Those with time for YT will be looking for life hacks to save time, money & other resources. If they want entertainment, the net isn't short of imaginative, well produced stuff to make people smile... something that will be sorely needed.

Then there's her ad revenue. I doubt she's ever been a student of history but if she was, she'd find that in trying times, whatever passes for fluffery in that era gets swept away. Nobody is going to have the energy to care about lip fillers, makeup palettes, convenience foods or hauls of anything. The about to begin medical nightmare is bad enough but I don't think she's given an iota of thought to the depression that will follow. Forget recession - our political leaders are carefully crafting daily messages so we don't have to absorb too much at once but some level of depression will follow the virus.

Her typical topics won't go over & the nature of ads will change. With so many chasing increasingly few dollars, with much of the corporate world closed down, ad revenues will decline... following views overall. So... double whammy for her & many others in her genre. She's screwed.

ADHD

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In the past, when she was a 600 pounds trainwreck, for some people, it was interesting to watch just for curiosity's sake. Now, if she loses a bit more weight, she will become a 400 pounds run-of-the-mill fattie with no interesting story.
Confirmed child abuser and clip-on tie hijab wearer Amy Ramadan just weighed in at 477, so if Amber loses a bit more and Amy gains a bit more, soon Amy will overtake Amber as the Drama Queen Fatty, in every possible way. Amber isn't even involved in any of the current fatty vs fatty drama. She's made herself completely irrelevant.

Turd Fergusson

kiwifarms.net
Her typical topics won't go over & the nature of ads will change. With so many chasing increasingly few dollars, with much of the corporate world closed down, ad revenues will decline... following views overall. So... double whammy for her & many others in her genre. She's screwed.
This is a very good point. Right now, most companies stocks has been beaten up badly and with the quasi-annihilation of the travel industry, the sports and entertainment industry, etc, which will take weeks, if not months, to go back to a somewhat normal state of affair, it seems that for many companies, saving cash is their first priority, and advertising on YouTube is a the bottom of the pile. I think that she is going to suffer.

DefCon Dumb

Confronter of Cryptoid Cuntiness
kiwifarms.net
Oh they will - the impacts so far, greatly surpass anything I've seen in years of reading history, especially about depressions & pandemics. Bloody hell, the auto industry is shuttered, Canada just closed her biggest ship yard... factories of that complex a nature can't get back up & running overnight & who's going to have the money for "nice to haves" when they're not sure when they're going back to work?

My community has a fair number of elders living with adult children & they're happily planning what parts of their back yards they're going to dig up to plant veggies - I'm serious. When borders are closed, where do migrant farm workers come from?

Last edited:
Tags
None