Weigh In | Taking Accountability | Weight Watchers Week 2 - 5/22/2021

bulimiavomit

kiwifarms.net
People talk about amputation with deathfats all the time but does anyone actually have statistics?

I've watched a lot of My 600 Lb Life and I've seen people like Steven Assanti who had legs that looked like the underside of a boat. Dude had barnacles growing off his legs and they still didn't amputate. In fact I've never seen anyone in the years that that show has been on that had actually had any amputation of any sort.

I think people seriously overestimate how often people actually get limbs amputated. Deathfats or diabetics or not.
Honestly? I think it's more optimism than anything. I can't speak on other deathfats but with how fucking boring AL has been this past year, people just want something interesting to happen. At least with an amputation we might get a crying video or two. If we're really lucky, we could get a "DECORATE MY WHEELCHAIR WITH ME + BURGER KING MUKBANG !!!".

I call shenanigans

kiwifarms.net
People talk about amputation with deathfats all the time but does anyone actually have statistics.
If you really want to know. These are US stats from 2017

https://www.azuravascularcare.com/infopad/diabetic-foot-amputation-stats/
I think people seriously overestimate how often people actually get limbs amputated. Deathfats or diabetics or not.
Diabetic limb amputation is pretty rare these days (particularly in countries with publically funded health systems) because diabetics are eligible for so many services including podiatry. They don't even have to cut their own toenails, and are often told not to. Regular podiatry checks look for pending circulation issues, and there are many diabetics that would take a warning of circulatory issues as a reason to take their diabetes more seriously. Same thing happens when their regular eye testing shows diabetic retinopathy is about to take their precious eyesight.

I'm aware of diabetics that have had amputations, but these have been limited to the odd toe or two. Something pretty easily hidden from public view. What is a telling sign though is the very un-kyute shoes they have to wear.

kiwifarms.net
I'm curious as to why diabetics are told not to cut their own toenails.

They often have diabetic neuropathy (nerve damage that causes loss of feeling) in their feet and wouldn't know if they cut or otherwise injured themselves -- something that's pretty easy to do, especially if one is fat or otherwise uncoordinated. Any sort of cut, coupled with a lack of feeling, can lead to infection and, worst case, gangrene.

I call shenanigans

kiwifarms.net
I'm curious as to why diabetics are told not to cut their own toenails.

They often have diabetic neuropathy (nerve damage that causes loss of feeling) in their feet and wouldn't know if they cut or otherwise injured themselves -- something that's pretty easy to do, especially if one is fat or otherwise uncoordinated. Any sort of cut, coupled with a lack of feeling, can lead to infection and, worst case, gangrene.
Exactly. Plus by regularly keeping up of podiatry appointments they have a trained professional keeping records of the status of their feet who can then report back to their medical team. In T2Ds, morbid obesity is a very common state, and people that size often can't adequately see the soles of their feet. With little to no feeling there, dangerous ulcers can easily go undetected. In my country town there is actually a free fortnightly toe clipping clinic for diabetics. I was mortified when I first heard of it, but turns out its a very necessary and well utilised health service.

Situation Type Deal Gorl

Fuck your feelings, nancypants
kiwifarms.net
People talk about amputation with deathfats all the time but does anyone actually have statistics?

I've watched a lot of My 600 Lb Life and I've seen people like Steven Assanti who had legs that looked like the underside of a boat. Dude had barnacles growing off his legs and they still didn't amputate. In fact I've never seen anyone in the years that that show has been on that had actually had any amputation of any sort.

It's more a joke and :optimistic: than anything else. A little something to liven things up and maybe have her suffer a consequence of her actions that she so richly deserves for being a cunt. Let's face it: she is just dreadfully dull at this point, and the crazy is flowing much more regularly and in greater quantity over at Chateau Chantal.
I'm aware of diabetics that have had amputations, but these have been limited to the odd toe or two. Something pretty easily hidden from public view. What is a telling sign though is the very un-kyute shoes they have to wear.

Friend of the family had both legs amputated below the knee due to him ignoring his beetus. He'd have had half his left hand chopped too, if he hadn't died first from CHF. He was an asshole, so no tears from anyone, even his own family, when he was DOA at the hospital.

Edited so as not to be a dumbass:

Nadhezda™ said:
edit so as not to double-post: She also mentioned that a formerly-obese reaction channel said they did not believe in her, and that it really upset her. Was she referring to Pulpy Syntax here, or Milk Tea? They're the only two that I can think of off the top of my head that have lost a lot of weight.

I think this is confirmation that it was indeed Pulpy she was referring to about her hurt fee fees.

Last edited:

Xenomorph

See here we're all anemic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gorl the "magic pill" that @Turd Fergusson mentioned was that speed she took for one fucking day at Dusty's Mom's house. Bitch was clutching her pearls claiming she had the vapors and took herself off, she LOVES the feeling of eating and swallowing large amounts of food. She will die fat, she was born fat and she will die fat just a useless parasite.