• ”I don't do any drugs other than masturbation.”
  1. New Rule: If you declare your post is against the rules, it will be deleted.

Weight loss support thread

Discussion in 'Hulkamania' started by AtroposHeart, Sep 30, 2013.

1. I'm back from a vacation that involved rich foods and plenty of booze. Appropriately, my clothes now fit more tightly and I've started getting paunchier. Somebody please crack the whip and get me doing push ups again.

• Feels Feels x 5
    The Shadow

The Shadow The Bitch-King of Wankmar

kiwifarms.net
  2. Close to 32 elbees gone.
    Thinking about getting a fitness-tracker, maybe the Mi Band 3.
    Edit : Just bought the Mi Band 2, seems to be pretty good (and cheap)

• Like Like x 1
    #762 January Cyst, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    January Cyst

January Cyst Kick a duck up the arse

kiwifarms.net
  3. The Mi Band 2 seems really well built and accurate.
    Even though it's like 90 outside I decided to take a walk to the supermarket to test it out and it's pretty much bang on when it comes to distance.
    Screenshot_20180725-181249.png

January Cyst

kiwifarms.net
  4. I've hit another plateau, they seem to appear every 10 lbs. like clockwork.
    This one is persistent, even though I'm still at a 1000 cal. deficit (probably more thanks to cardio), no movement for over a week.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    January Cyst

kiwifarms.net
  5. At the beginning of the summer i was at 248 pounds, I've managed to loose about 24 of those pounds in 3 months ive been trying to work out more and have been trying to eat properly again and not junk food crap and I think it's doing the trick, i think my real problem is the ability of trying to out there and try to work out, I have a lot of thing in my schedule i sometimes i don't feel like i make the time to work out.

• Like Like x 5
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Devilish Jack o Lantern

Devilish Jack o Lantern z-list super villan .

kiwifarms.net
  6. Back in February I was around 220-225. I had to go to a wedding in March and i couldn’t fit into my wedding suit (I had gotten married the previous October) and none of my clothes fit.

I started dieting and I’m down to 195 now. The summer is tough to lose weight, especially on the weekends with parties / nice weather / holidays but I’ve stayed under 200 since April which has been great.

I’ve realized a lot of it is diet. I was doing HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training / CrossFit) 5-6x a week, but ate like crap. I started doing WeightWatchers and stuff like chicken, seafood, beans and veggies are all zero points. Tracking everything really helped the weight come off too

• Like Like x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    nets_awesome

nets_awesome I want you to lose turdy pound in one munt.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. I lost weight a few months ago but I'm regaining it. It's not coming back as quickly as it did in the past because I do fasted cardio before breakfast.

It's all the carbs, dude. I missed bread and chips and pancakes.

I was in a dangerous spot early in August because I suddenly decided "fuck doing morning cardio" but I convinced myself to get back on the wagon and not let not getting up at 4am be an excuse.

When I'm in the zone, it's magical because I work out so much that every day I get too tired to have a third meal. Impromptu intermittent fasting for the win!

Meat Poultry Veg

Meat Poultry Veg The staff of life

kiwifarms.net
  8. I'm p fat, working on it tho. Hard to exercise properly cause i have chronic pain and other health issues, but starting working again recently has helped me become more active. My main issues health wise are;
    Fibromyalgia
    External Tibial Tortion
    ARFID
    PCOS
    Un-diagnosed gastro issues, causing nausea and abdo pain frequently

These together make exercise hard and eating even harder, but im determined to get to a point where I can like my body. I work with disabled kids now, and that involves pretty much chasing after literally autistic 15 year olds for 7 hours a day, so i'm definitely getting more mobile than i used to be. I need to curb my comfort eating/urge to just get takeout, its rough and im struggling with fatigue which makes cooking a nightmare and my housemates are so unclean the kitchen is like a biohazard.

So far from my start of 119kg (260llb) ish, I'm down about 5kg/11 lbs and counting in about 3 months, with my end goal being about 60kg (130lbs ish). This thread is wholesome and I hope it will give me some motivation to keep at it. Any tips for at-home exercise would be appreciated. Considering investing in some small dumbbells to do stretches with as I can't really afford or fit an exercise bike in my room lol.

• Feels Feels x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Chicken Picnic

Chicken Picnic aka crippled picnic

kiwifarms.net
  9. Down to 243 elbees now, I'm currently doing a water fast (either 5 or 7 days, we'll see) with limited exercise and will continue with my usual training routine and nutrition a couple of days after I'm done.
    Aiming for 200 as my goal weight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    January Cyst

kiwifarms.net
  10. I think I lost some of the weight I gained after trying to go to my campus' gym everyday! I'm still a size 4, but I can fit into some of my shorts again. However, I don't want to weigh myself until the beginning of September- I'm trying to get back down to at least 120, then try for 115, which is my goal. I developed a routine that consists of 30 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes of stretching and lifting weights (usually 3 to 5 lb. dumbbells), and 20 minutes on the elliptical.

My mom told me that when you exercise, your muscles get toned and then help burn off the fat. She's trying to get back in shape herself with gym visits, water aerobics (she doesn't like Jazzercise), and Tabita; it's a kind of circuit training that can be done in the gym or in the pool. It consists of working your core, arms, and legs as hard and as fast as you possibly can, and to get your cardio-heart rate accelerated with a rest-period of 30 seconds before you either repeat the exercise, or move onto another one.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Pina Colada

Pina Colada Karma Karma Karma Kahmelion~
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. Fast was successful and I've resumed my usual routine.
    I was down to 237 elbees at the end of the fast and the weight (even at a 1000 cal deficit) has crept up to 245 again, but that's to be expected (mostly thanks to water retention).

• Like Like x 1
    January Cyst

kiwifarms.net
  12. Oyo, I was hopin' some of you guys could give a bit of advice, but mostly motivation. I'm going on a trip in almost exactly two months and I wanna look good for pics. I'm not huge, I'm sitting at around 163 lbs, but I got quite the big belly and love handles. I have gone to the gym but lately I've been their wet dream; paying for membership but I haven't gone in probably 5 weeks, mostly because I go with a friend but he has been too busy to go and I haven't had the motivation to go myself. anyway, I'm rambling now, what I wanted to know is do you guys think it's possible to lose the handles in two months time, and any tips/ suggestions to get there.

kiwifarms.net
  13. Two months time is kind of quick, but if you start now, you'll definitely see some progress.

My advice to lose the love handles? Nothing profound, but it takes dedication to the routine.

Diet: We know what's good for us and what's bad for us. There are no surprises or secret tips there. Replace sodas (even diet sodas) with water (H2O is your friend), replace cookies and candy with fruits and veggies, stay away from fried foods and unhealthy deserts, and focus on rice, fish, and grilled/baked chicken for dinner. You don't have to starve yourself, but definitely focus on eating the right things.

It is okay to cheat once in a while, but definitely make the unhealthier things a rare treat rather than the norm.

Now for exercises:

Treadmill, Elliptical, Bikes, or any other kind of cardio = Exercises that keep you in constant motion not only help to burn the fat but are good for the heart too. Even going outside and running/jogging once a day will help with this.

And if you want to specifically target the midsection = Crunches work well for me. I typically do a crunch, hold it for about 5 seconds, and then go back down, and do it about as many times as you can handle. Do that at least a few times a week. I also do weighted pull ups, if you're interested in that. They are more for the upper body, but target the midsection as well.

The real challenge though is changing habits. I used to pig out and snack on the unhealthiest crap all the time, and that was very hard to break. Not because I was a food obsessed weirdo...it was just...habit. When I was bored, I'd go snack on something. If I watched a movie or binged Netflix, I'd snack on something and not move. Its all right there and available, so its hard to snap out of that. A few tips that helped me.

1) If you are a heavy snacker, try and find healthier things to snack on instead of the usual junk = I used to scarf Oreos like there was no tomorrow, and I knew I was going to have to break that. What I did was find things I do like and try to replace Oreos with that healthier snack. I always loved Kellog's Cracklin Oat Bran cereal, and the pieces are fairly big, so one of the first things I did was use that as my go to snack instead of Oreos. If you like carrot sticks, make that your go to snack. If there is a specific fruit you like (I always loved Pineapple for example) make that your go to snack.

This was easy for me because I live by myself, but when you go to the store, get into the habit of only buying healthy foods. You can't snack on what isn't there around the house, so you can kind of remove the temptation right away. Now if you have a family, especially with kids, that is much tougher because you have to shop for multiple people and not all of them are going to want to diet like you obviously.

2) Exercise while binging Netflix or watching something on TV = As I said before, getting into shape is about changing habits, which involves creating new ones and breaking bad ones. If you are sitting there binging Netflix and just sitting there, that is a lot of time dedicated to inactivity. When I realized how much time I'd devote to Netflix, Hulu, or whatever, I also realized I could do smaller exercises to keep me busy while the movie or TV show was on. I could still pay attention to the TV, but keep myself active while doing so.

These exercises are fairly simple too. Crunches, Hindu squats, Jumping jacks, Sit ups, push ups, etc. These are things that you don't need to go to the gym for and you can just do around the house, and if you can watch your favorite show while doing it, even better. I even got myself some dumbbells and a spring bar to do quick and easy workouts.

One thing I also started doing was getting quick workouts during commercial breaks. "Okay the game is at a timeout and is at commercial...lets see how many push ups or pull ups I can do before the game comes back on".

3) And this was huge for me. I HATE HATE HATE going to the gym. More specifically, I hate dealing with the people that also frequent the gym. I hate people that comment on what I'm doing or trying to get me to compete with them when all I want to do is work out and be left alone, and I especially hate alpha male dick weasels that try to start shit or showoff how tough they are. There is a lot of social anxiety there and you aren't comfortable with it, it is hard to get into the habit of going.

My advice is to bring headsets and play music. People will generally leave you alone if you've your headsets on. Also, try not to worry about competing and comparing yourself to other people around you. You aren't training for a competition, you're there to better yourself, so better yourself and don't go beyond what you're comfortable with. And if it makes you feel more comfortable to have a friend or workout pal go with you, do it. The extra bit of motivation can definitely help, and if you're both there to support each other, it makes for a much better environment.

• Informative Informative x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  14. Diet is such a huge part of it. Avoid red meat, and replace with chicken, turkey or seafood. A turkey burger tastes almost exactly the same as a burger and has less calories if you get lean meat.

As for the gym, do they offer classes? For me, doing High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). Depending on the gym, the trainers can be really helpful. There are also some workouts you can find online to do on your own (I have some I can send too).

Right now my biggest problem is the weekend; too much drinking. I’m trying to cut back on beer and wine, and I’ve cut mixed drinks completely out. That and having someone take my phone away the second I think about ordering UberEats lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    nets_awesome

nets_awesome I want you to lose turdy pound in one munt.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. I've noticed that carbs seem to really stall my weight-loss.
    Most of them are rice(brown) and sweet potatoes and even if I stay well below my allowance I start to gain weight immediately.
    My first suspect was salt so I cut out salt completely for a few days to lose the water-weight but that didn't work as well as expected.
    I guess it's back to high protein and veggies for me for a while.

January Cyst

kiwifarms.net
  16. @January Cyst - Sodium + carbs are a recipe for bloating and water retention. People have been known to gain even 10+lbs of pure water when carbing up after fasts. The good news is that that weight comes off just as quickly as you put it on. Bloating is especially dramatic after doing resistance workouts. (lifting heavy weights/walking long distances) since our bodies utilize our water stores to replenish/heal those sore muscles.

If you are open to help, i'd like to suggest something that may work for you. How many calories are you eating and what are your stats? (height, weight, sex) How long have you been dieting?

• Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net

17. 6'3 M 245lbs.
    I'm currently on 1750 cal (mostly veggies and lean protein, no sugar or caffeine)
    I've been on this diet for the last 3 months or so, I was down to 237 after the fast and even at a 1000+ cal deficit I've gained roughly 15 lbs in 2 days after I started eating carbs again.

• Like Like x 1
    #777 January Cyst, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    January Cyst

kiwifarms.net
  18. @January Cyst Yep, perfectly normal to gain so much weight after eating carbs again. Especially after a fast. Again, don't sweat it. It would be impossible for you to have gained 15lbs of pure FAT in two days, haha. It's just water. What matters is how slim your body is looking. This means that you're losing fat, which is the goal. Primarily your midsection/face etc...

(It is possible to lose/gain 15lbs of pure water in just 48hrs. Our bodies are cool like that. So don't worry about random weight gains like that.)

I think you should give HFLC a try and mix that with IF. Also, bump up your calories to maybe 1900-2000.
    So eat within a 4hr window every day + bump up your cals + HFLC (20g carbs). I know that low carb is not everyone's cup of tea, but if you are willing to try it for 2 weeks for experimentation's sake, I'd love to hear an update on how it goes for you.

• Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net

19. That's exactly what I've been doing for the last 2-3 months, except high fat/high protein and super low carb.
    Here's my mfp from today

Screenshot from 2018-08-31 21-59-05.png

The sodium isn't accurate because it was just raw chicken breast, should be moderately low sodium even with a dash of sea-salt and pepper.
    I'm also getting roughly 400 cals worth of exercise on average according to my fitness-tracker so bumping up the calories might not be a bad idea.

January Cyst

kiwifarms.net
  20. @January Cyst Yep, bump up those cals. (I'm a foot shorter than you and I ate more than that AND lost weight) Especially since you're on the taller side and active, it would be good for you. When you go too low, what you are doing is slowing down your metabolism. You have to train your body to expect more food so that your metabolism is not slowing to a crawl. Our bodies will adapt to anything that we do to it(homeostasis). If you eat less, then your body will burn less. You could get cold hands and feet, hair falling out etc, brittle nails...nutrition deficiency.

I recommend cronometer instead of myfitnesspal actually. What you are counting is 20g NET carbs. Not carbs. ;)
    (So I recommend HFLC + IF + 2000-2400cals per day) for fat loss in particular.

Give what I said a try and watch these guys in particular:
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-maximize-fat-burning
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/the-5-most-common-mistakes-on-lchf

They have a free month trial that should give you access to all of the videos on their site.

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.