Weight loss support thread -

biophonic

kiwifarms.net
Currently at 189 lbs. Goal was to drop to 170 lbs. I've been using a 44 lb weight vest to walk 5km, 2-3 times a week every morning. Diet fluctuates between rice noodles with chicken, oats, cherries, blueberries, bananas and raspberries.

I usually try to stay to the diet. although it fluctuates to eating whatever is available every 2 days out of 7 since i usually can't afford the diet for that long, but i try to keep carbs low with a 1 meal daily rule with a 1400 -1800 calorie intake.

Realistically, what is the time frame for weight loss to my ideal weight? Advice or tips for improvement to routine?

SickNastyBastard

Do drugs, pwn fags and eat your wheaties.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Currently at 189 lbs. Goal was to drop to 170 lbs. I've been using a 44 lb weight vest to walk 5km, 2-3 times a week every morning. Diet fluctuates between rice noodles with chicken, oats, cherries, blueberries, bananas and raspberries.

I usually try to stay to the diet. although it fluctuates to eating whatever is available every 2 days out of 7 since i usually can't afford the diet for that long, but i try to keep carbs low with a 1 meal daily rule with a 1400 -1800 calorie intake.

Realistically, what is the time frame for weight loss to my ideal weight? Advice or tips for improvement to routine?
So, in general the better question to ask is do you want to look good with your shirt off or do you just want to hit your goal?
The first, you generally want to hit a 2lb loss a week (7 weeks). The latter, you could hit within a week.

I didnt see your daily expenditure, so this place is a good start:

Make sure to be conservative on the activity level, if you dont hit what you input you will gain weight and the inverse is true for losing weight.

The fast way to just hit a target would primarily shed water weight, and especially with only 14 lb to go. This is pretty much going below base maintenance calories, so <1200 calories or flat out water fasting. I dont reccomend this if you are new and want to lose weight as this usually yoyos back and is a net loss. This is a route if you are a fighter and have a weigh in. Or anything like that.

The look good route is aiming for a capped loss of 2lb week, so it would take you 7 weeks. This would be actual loss that wont fly back up right off the bat and is kept off longer. You'd pretty much be focusing on your daily calorie limit alone. With this, i usually reccomend people weigh themselves 1-2 times a week tops. Daily fluctuations can be discouraging and arent generally a good indicator of success. Most peole think thats a negligible amount, but it will add up surprisingly fast.

I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Mountain Dew

I have to return some videotapes.
kiwifarms.net
If anyone is lurking and thinking about trying out CICO, I highly recommend it. I’m only a month in and have lost 6 pounds of ‘non water weight.’ I’m a normal BMI, but I was teetering a few pounds on the edge for awhile. Not anymore.

The adjustment period is hard. If you are used to eating a lot more than your TDEE, it will suck. The first thing I did was stop drinking soda pop. Replaced it with flavored water and now just regular water. That cut about 700 calories a day out of my diet.

CICO is pretty much up to you otherwise. I always think of it like a budget: “If I get burgers and fries from McDonald’s, I’ll only have 400 calories left for the day, and it’s only 1 PM.” You can allow yourself to fit the full McDonalds meal into your amount, right? Or you can just choose either the burger or the fries and have more calories to eat later on. Realizing that you don’t have to eat an entire combo meal all of the time was something that helped me too. I only drink caloric drinks if enough calories are in the ‘budget’ at some point of the day.

Pre-portioned snacks (I.e. for school lunch boxes and the like) are a bit more expensive, but it is so much easier to keep track of your calories and indulge without feeling the need to eat the whole box. I keep mine away from my desk so I have to actually get up and get a snack. It’s a little mental block that stops me, but it may help someone else so I’m sharing it.

I do a quite bit of body weight fitness to retain my muscle mass that I do have, but waiting until gyms open back up to really start to work on form.

@SickNastyBastard I have a question if that’s okay? This stuff has been pretty easy by staying inside and the fact most fast food is on MFP is really nice. I’m worried for when everything opens up and my friends start doing social things again— lots of going out to eat and the like. Is it okay to just ‘guess’ those calories if there’s no official amount? Or to get a smaller portion and to count it as a cheat meal? I just don’t want to fall back into the habit of feeling the need to overindulge because of social eating.

SickNastyBastard

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@SickNastyBastard I have a question if that’s okay? This stuff has been pretty easy by staying inside and the fact most fast food is on MFP is really nice. I’m worried for when everything opens up and my friends start doing social things again— lots of going out to eat and the like. Is it okay to just ‘guess’ those calories if there’s no official amount? Or to get a smaller portion and to count it as a cheat meal? I just don’t want to fall back into the habit of feeling the need to overindulge because of social eating.
@Mountain Dew, I will start off by explaining what I do. I don't go out to eat unless really pressured to and will only get a protein + veggie + fat and water and minimal dressing, no dressing most of the time. I have a weight scale and have to call myself out for being a snacky bitch more than I'd like to admit. I weigh out all my portions in grams. It makes me pissy, its never how much I want. But it really is a necessity if you mean to really make progress. Foodscales are usually a defining factor if anyone wants to get aesthetic. When I have dinner with friends or family, I will bring my own food weighed out. It was weird for like a second, now its very regular.

I don't ever recommend people geuss, because people typically really suck at doing this. I don't recommend ever to be flexible on a cheat meal. The purpose of a cheat meal is being a reward for being disciplined during the timeframe prior. Not making that malleable when convenient is a crucial part to having discipline. I definitely want twinkies and shit sometimes, but I remember how much raw broccoli I've eaten over brats. Is that brat worth destroying my discipline? Am I so weak that I can't resist a brat? Sounds silly when you write it out, but it's important to keep compulsive thoughts in check instead of just rolling with it.

If you do in fact find yourself in the situation that you have to go out (i don't leave my room, I'm always called a fat neet), I can really only recommend what I do, which is look for the entree with only the protein + veggie + fat and water and minimal dressing, preferably none. From there you can at least be confident that you are not fucking up, and you can getter a good estimate with saying like 1 chicken breast + a bowl of lettuce and it goes on. If there is nothing there for me, I keep people at the table company.

It really depends on what your exact goal is.
If you want that aesthetic af look were people mirin' you when you pull the guns out or wiggle your peach, you will have to be my kind of crazy.
If you don't mind having the Onision body, then you can be far more malleable.
Really boils down down to choices and discipline.

One universal truth that I'll leave here:
look sexy naked > looking sexy clothed

biophonic

kiwifarms.net
So, in general the better question to ask is do you want to look good with your shirt off or do you just want to hit your goal?
The first, you generally want to hit a 2lb loss a week (7 weeks). The latter, you could hit within a week.

I didnt see your daily expenditure, so this place is a good start:

Make sure to be conservative on the activity level, if you dont hit what you input you will gain weight and the inverse is true for losing weight.

The fast way to just hit a target would primarily shed water weight, and especially with only 14 lb to go. This is pretty much going below base maintenance calories, so <1200 calories or flat out water fasting. I dont recommend this if you are new and want to lose weight as this usually yoyos back and is a net loss. This is a route if you are a fighter and have a weigh in. Or anything like that.

The look good route is aiming for a capped loss of 2lb week, so it would take you 7 weeks. This would be actual loss that wont fly back up right off the bat and is kept off longer. You'd pretty much be focusing on your daily calorie limit alone. With this, i usually recommend people weigh themselves 1-2 times a week tops. Daily fluctuations can be discouraging and arent generally a good indicator of success. Most people think thats a negligible amount, but it will add up surprisingly fast.

I'd be happy to answer any questions.
Sorry for late reply. About expenditure, i am 6 Foot 1 inches tall. 189 lbs with 20-30 km walked weekly, around 15 km of that is walking with a 44lb vest. my average calorie burn is 350-500 calories daily while i practice intermediate fasting and eat 1200-1500 kcals depending on what i have available. Other than fruits with natural sugars i avoid sugar like the plague and the same sentiment goes for processed food. i do take vitamins like zinc, omega 3, cod liver oil, iron, vitamin c - d and magnesium.

The reason why i am doing a weight loss plan was my own health issues, i have issues with my stomach acids so i cant digest certain foods along with insomnia so the doctor recommended a dietary change, That was 4 months ago when i was 212 lbs and didn't walk more than 5km weekly or even exercise.

i dont think a water cut would help with the acid fluctuations that much along with having baggy skin from the sudden cut, but its not a bad idea if i wanted to bulk for endurance training. That said im only practicing a moderate cardio routine.

Thank you for the kind advice. tl:dr, i am doing a moderate cardio with a balanced diet before my health deteriorates and the weight loss plan is to improve quality of my health and lifestyle.
P.S. my keyboard needs a replacement which why my message grammar is crap.

Reactions: MerriedxReldnahc

The Shadow

Edgy two gun mystery man
kiwifarms.net
Do some push ups today. As many as you can!

Break em up into sets if you have to.

Do some more tomorrow.

Remembering way back, this and lengthy walks were as simple as my weight loss started. The walks progressed into runs, the push ups grew to more calisthenics and then lifting.

Last edited:

Least Concern

Pretend I have a waifu avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
Now that my finances are in better shape I've been thinking of finally joining a gym. I'd like to lose some weight and extra padding but I don't really care about getting swole, at least for now. In recent years I've been able to stick to a diet for sometimes months at a time but I inevitably fall off the wagon (today I got a Whopper value meal with extra fries, goddamnit) so I'm looking to get into a habit which can counteract that a bit. Should I just stick to cardio stuff or is it still useful to do weight stuff in some proportion?

SickNastyBastard

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for late reply. About expenditure, i am 6 Foot 1 inches tall. 189 lbs with 20-30 km walked weekly, around 15 km of that is walking with a 44lb vest. my average calorie burn is 350-500 calories daily while i practice intermediate fasting and eat 1200-1500 kcals depending on what i have available. Other than fruits with natural sugars i avoid sugar like the plague and the same sentiment goes for processed food. i do take vitamins like zinc, omega 3, cod liver oil, iron, vitamin c - d and magnesium.

The reason why i am doing a weight loss plan was my own health issues, i have issues with my stomach acids so i cant digest certain foods along with insomnia so the doctor recommended a dietary change, That was 4 months ago when i was 212 lbs and didn't walk more than 5km weekly or even exercise.

i dont think a water cut would help with the acid fluctuations that much along with having baggy skin from the sudden cut, but its not a bad idea if i wanted to bulk for endurance training. That said im only practicing a moderate cardio routine.

Thank you for the kind advice. tl:dr, i am doing a moderate cardio with a balanced diet before my health deteriorates and the weight loss plan is to improve quality of my health and lifestyle.
P.S. my keyboard needs a replacement which why my message grammar is crap.
Walking is the perfect cardio. I could be wrong now, but last I read it was the only kind of cardio which burned solely fat. The rest of if looks like you have a good game plan, however, I would recommend that if you're worried about loose skin to take up resistance training, it is the fastest and easiest way to get rid of it imo.

Reactions: MerriedxReldnahc

Fatcat

fat cats are really nice cats
kiwifarms.net
Now that my finances are in better shape I've been thinking of finally joining a gym. I'd like to lose some weight and extra padding but I don't really care about getting swole, at least for now. In recent years I've been able to stick to a diet for sometimes months at a time but I inevitably fall off the wagon (today I got a Whopper value meal with extra fries, goddamnit) so I'm looking to get into a habit which can counteract that a bit. Should I just stick to cardio stuff or is it still useful to do weight stuff in some proportion?
Though I'm no pro doing HIIT workout is good too, theres some nice interesting articles and videos about it and it's easy to fit in a busy schedule as it's most of the time around 30 minutes. I usually keep it simple with only a treadmill go around 30s as fast as I possibly can then lower the speed for around 20s.
Weight training can only improve your body appearance so go for it.
I've finally decided to see a dietician last month for my case, kept getting off of track with the food and I recently went vegetarian and was only eating carbs all day everyday, so it's nice to see some vegetables again.

K. V. Bones

¿QUIRES?
kiwifarms.net
Wait wait, I can power level about my weight loss a little here?

I lost 20 pounds, gained it back. I hate this shit sometimes.

I reduced my meals to as little as I possibly can before the hunger begins to hurt. But the feeling of emptiness is what kills me, I just dont feel full and my stomach begins to hurt bad if I don't eat.

I'm not the best at this but atleast I'm trying. I need to work out more often. Maybe then I can continue to eat to get rid of the pains yet still lose the pounds.

Melkor

Turbo Cancer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Due to the COVID my gym closed for a bit, but then reopened. Out of caution I haven’t been going, but I’ve started stress eating again. I went to a doctor’s appointment and found out I’d gained a lot of weight, and I want to try and lose it while I stay at home.
I wanna find certain foods or snacks I can eat that won’t affect my weight too much but most protein bars taste like shit to me.

I found a 5 day workout challenge, what do you all think?
- 30 seconds of mountain climbers
- 30 seconds of sit-ups
- 10 reps of pushups
- 30 seconds of flutter kicks
- 30 seconds of high planks
- 30 seconds of toe touches

For a better challenge go up to 45 seconds, 20 reps for the pushups, and add an extra set. 3 rounds total, so 3 weeks of these exercises for 5 days, I’m assuming.

I have an elliptical and a treadmill at home, so I can get my cardio in as well.

Fatcat

fat cats are really nice cats
kiwifarms.net
Due to the COVID my gym closed for a bit, but then reopened. Out of caution I haven’t been going, but I’ve started stress eating again. I went to a doctor’s appointment and found out I’d gained a lot of weight, and I want to try and lose it while I stay at home.
I wanna find certain foods or snacks I can eat that won’t affect my weight too much but most protein bars taste like shit to me.

I found a 5 day workout challenge, what do you all think?
- 30 seconds of mountain climbers
- 30 seconds of sit-ups
- 10 reps of pushups
- 30 seconds of flutter kicks
- 30 seconds of high planks
- 30 seconds of toe touches

For a better challenge go up to 45 seconds, 20 reps for the pushups, and add an extra set. 3 rounds total, so 3 weeks of these exercises for 5 days, I’m assuming.

I have an elliptical and a treadmill at home, so I can get my cardio in as well.
Make yourself some oatmeal w/ dark chocolate chip cookies they're really fast/easy to make and fill you up. The annoying thing with premade food is that theres simply too much garbage in it and some brands charge way too much for a cleaner ingredients list. If you can, try cooking in batch as much as you can even if it's simple basic things and freeze/store the leftovers, though only work if you're like me and don't mind eating leftovers chili for 6 days straight :lol:

Tags
None