Weight loss support thread -

SouthernBitchBob

kiwifarms.net
I got chubby a few years ago. Reversed most of it through calorie reduction. I'm back to ~20 pounds away from goal weight. Give or take because I have no real muscle mass to write home about, and gaining a little of that is key to looking hot naked. Not really aiming for mountains of beef; I think more of a swimmer's build would better suit my frame and I'll leave the brick shithouse look to an s/o's discretion.

Not really scrambling for advice, since my first main problem (fork-in-mouth disease) is mitigated, but I'm tackling my cunning inner child's mastery over I Don't Wanna distraction tactics which is a personal problem. Good work to everyone here at least trying to move forward with the change they want to see.

SickNastyBastard

Do drugs, pwn fags and eat your wheaties.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I got chubby a few years ago. Reversed most of it through calorie reduction. I'm back to ~20 pounds away from goal weight. Give or take because I have no real muscle mass to write home about, and gaining a little of that is key to looking hot naked. Not really aiming for mountains of beef; I think more of a swimmer's build would better suit my frame and I'll leave the brick shithouse look to an s/o's discretion.

Not really scrambling for advice, since my first main problem (fork-in-mouth disease) is mitigated, but I'm tackling my cunning inner child's mastery over I Don't Wanna distraction tactics which is a personal problem. Good work to everyone here at least trying to move forward with the change they want to see.
Calisthenics?
vshred.jpg

SouthernBitchBob

kiwifarms.net
well... the diet it like 70% of it. Getting down to single digit bf% ain't easy. So thats where you'll have to be at for this.
May as well create scheduled time for exercise, even if it's light to start. Make a habit of taking the time out while the diet does more work. Ramp it up once I'm down another 15-20.

Dave Meltzer

kiwifarms.net
Flexibility and definition with minimal equipment investment? My cheap ass is sold. I'll research. Thanks.
It is worth it and there are plenty of good YouTube channels for extra guidance. Only a 100 bucks to grab a door pull up bar, dip stand, and portable gymnastics rings. Honestly you could get away with just paying 30 or so for the gymnastics rings; although it is bit more difficult when starting out. Not an unreasonable challenge though. Or pay nothing and follow one of the prison bodyweight exercise guides that are out there.

Spastic Colon

I hate 2020
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm on day 10 of my whole 30 and feeling like I am dying. I think WuFlu got me off track more than I realized. I've dropped about 5 lbs so far, but actually losing weight isn't the main focus for me during the Whole 30. I need to get my sugar addiction knocked out again. I did the Whole 30 about 5 years ago and it helped me get in the right mindset to actually lose weight long term. Once I'm finished with the Whole 30, then I'll be doing a regular calorie restriction diet for the rest of the weight.

I've slipped up during the quarantine and gained about 15 lbs because my favorite walking path is actually around a nursing home and senior living apartments and they've closed it down. My neighborhood is small and I hate doing 20 laps just to get my steps in. But, since it doesn't seem like lock down is ever going to end, I'm going to have to suck it up and do it. I've also been snacking way too much because there isn't much to do since there is no school or kids needing rides to a friend's house. We hardly ever leave the house.

I've just been making excuses and telling myself "when this WuFlu stuff is over ..." -- but at this rate, I'll end up becoming a deathfat before we get a vaccine. So, I finally decided to just get off my ass and get serious. I've just got to last another 20 days and hopefully it will be much easier without those nasty sugar cravings.

Crankenstein

The good doctor.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fatloss isn't usually as simple as "calories in calories out", but reducing carbs makes it more of an accurate statement.
Unless you're lifting regularly it's best to go low carb due to how the body processes them.
If you're a chick, weight training will not make you look like The Rock, men spend literal decades to get that big. Stop making excuses.
Meal prep. Takes away the guess work and takes away the excuse of "I don't feel like cooking, I'll get a pizza".
Protein shakes. Not just for body building and dudebros. You can use them as healthy "filler" before, during, or after a meal.
If you decide to do "keto" you must be strict, if not you will get the exact opposite effect.
If you're "dieting"; don't. Change your lifestyle and habits, not your food for a month.
There is no such thing as a "perfect workout". Don't get demoralized if you didn't boost your ego lifting or running.
Any workout, even if it's a "bad" one is better than none at all. You burn more half assing it on a treadmill than no assing it on the couch.

Crankenstein

The good doctor.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone have advice on how to lose weight well on moderate dose of anti-psychotics
There are two main ways. Maintain a strict ketogenic lifestyle or be in a constantly changing caloric deficit. The latter is nearly impossible because your metabolism will change with any deficit you maintain for a long time. The former is doable and actually livable.

SickNastyBastard

Do drugs, pwn fags and eat your wheaties.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm on day 10 of my whole 30 and feeling like I am dying. I think WuFlu got me off track more than I realized. I've dropped about 5 lbs so far, but actually losing weight isn't the main focus for me during the Whole 30. I need to get my sugar addiction knocked out again. I did the Whole 30 about 5 years ago and it helped me get in the right mindset to actually lose weight long term. Once I'm finished with the Whole 30, then I'll be doing a regular calorie restriction diet for the rest of the weight.

I've slipped up during the quarantine and gained about 15 lbs because my favorite walking path is actually around a nursing home and senior living apartments and they've closed it down. My neighborhood is small and I hate doing 20 laps just to get my steps in. But, since it doesn't seem like lock down is ever going to end, I'm going to have to suck it up and do it. I've also been snacking way too much because there isn't much to do since there is no school or kids needing rides to a friend's house. We hardly ever leave the house.

I've just been making excuses and telling myself "when this WuFlu stuff is over ..." -- but at this rate, I'll end up becoming a deathfat before we get a vaccine. So, I finally decided to just get off my ass and get serious. I've just got to last another 20 days and hopefully it will be much easier without those nasty sugar cravings.
I have something on my mirror written to make sure I see it everyday.

• Feels
Reactions: Spastic Colon

biophonic

kiwifarms.net
Just an update on my weight loss: i'm now 186lbs. Thats a further 3lb loss in the last 30 days. It would've been more. but a debilitating illness that left me bedridden for 2 weeks has put a dampener on the progress.

That being said my target goal was 170lbs so realistically if i'm doing squats and powerwalking my previous target goal, i feel it can be achievable to cut down towards from 186 to 180lbs in the next 3 weeks if i let my body undergo ketosis.

I know not to overdo the exercise but i'll keep you updated every saturday on the progress.
Too long, don't read.. Got ill for 2 weeks out of 4 but still burned enough calories to be consistent with my weight loss plan.

ScrapBuyer

message me if you have scrap for sale
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone have advice on how to lose weight well on moderate dose of anti-psychotics
how recently did you start them? I did pretty good at keeping weight off by paying attention to what I ate in a day, and primarily keeping eating to mealtimes. Tried to keep my eating at what is was before medication, since mine made me really hungry. Although if you’ve been taking them for a while, seems like crankenstein’s got good advice

(I’m on a fairly low dose though, it’s a bit below what the lowest psychiatric dose usually is)

• Agree
Reactions: Masta

Masta

Faggot
kiwifarms.net
I’m not sure if you will experience the same side effects I had on my meds, but I’ll explain my story anyways.

For some odd reason the meds I’d take, made me hold a lot of water, I’d also have intense carb cravings, and after I’d eat carbs, they’d make me even puffier. The carbs especially like sugary junk would orgasm in my mouth so it’s hard to resist.

What helped me lose the extra water I held on due to medication was resisting carbs, drinking shit ton of water, and sweating, lots of sweating.

Crankenstein

The good doctor.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd like to add to my previous posts. A calorie deficit can not be sustained as it will eventually stall your metabolism and lead to a plateau, which will make you feel defeated. Exercise be it walking for long periods, jogging for sort of long periods, or weight lifting will all increase your metabolism thus giving your body a reason to keep using it's fat stores. The goal post will keep moving in regards to fatloss so I personally recommend weight lifting as it "builds a bigger engine" which will need more fuel. Remember, exercising alone doesn't burn that many calories, it just keeps your metabolism up so you burn more over all.

Tags
None