Weight loss support thread -

AmarettoPie

Definitely not poisonous.
kiwifarms.net
Alright, I'm back. My last doc visit about a month ago had me at 215lbs. I'm now at 204lbs. Dunno if that's a particularly good thing as that much of a loss wasn't at all intentional.

I got a food scale and that FitnessPal app, set it for a one pound loss per week, and was genuinely surprised how much meat I could get away with. I learned that my cups are much bigger than I thought and that the amount of almond milk I was drinking was actually a shit-ton of calories. Like, hooooly shit, that was more calories right there than in my usual lunches. So I'm drinking half of that and drinking it slower. And only having one fruit cup at a time, not two. Also, dried dates have a surprising amount of calories and the serving size is only two. Two! Same with honey-roasted almonds: less than a handful?! And almond butter: two tablespoons?! That's it?! All of my snacks are actually bad for me! What the actual fuck?!

So I've been heavily restricting myself when it comes to those things. It isn't satisfying. At all. I am sad and frustrated.

I'll admit that I was an idiot and fucked myself up for a hot second: I kept eating what I usually did (sans all the milk and fruit), but forced myself to split it into three meals instead of my usual two. I regularly had 300 calories leftover every day for about a week (before adding in my exercises because I was too lazy to at the time). I figured I either had to be measuring something wrong, or that I could keep it as 'wiggle room' if I wanted to treat myself to some extra milk or fruit that day. Which I didn't, because I wanted to be a good girl.

That was a mistake, as after that week I got really shaky and spent my days off re-stabilizing my sugar. You'd think I would've learned my lesson from all the crap I went through before, but clearly I am a retard.

I now eat four times per day, using the snack section of the food diary as that fourth meal, and push myself closer to my maximum calories for the day. That, and I make sure I put my exercises in so that I can see what's actually going on. I'm feeling tons better now, aside from desperately wanting to eat all the fruit cups in my fridge and down three mugs of almond milk.

I also invested in some Propell because on top of starving I was dehydrated as fuck and regular water was making life suck. Considering how hot it got and how much I sweat, my dumb ass should've known better. Which also means that all of that weight was most likely water weight.

I'm gonna look into that keto calculator thing, plan some shit out foodwise, and go shopping on my next day off. I'm lactose intolerant and have an annoying amount of food sensitivities besides, but I'm sure I can figure something out. I'm thinking about picking up a case or two of Ensure to take to work with/as my lunch since I never have an appetite at that time and have a very, very bad habit of falling back on Sweet Hawaiian rolls and lemonade, and that's purely for the sake of keeping my sugar up. It's a horrible mindset that I'm still working to fix, and I figure it'll be easier if I have something I can replace it with. Bonus points for them being absolutely delicious.

Crankenstein

The good doctor.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Alright, I'm back. My last doc visit about a month ago had me at 215lbs. I'm now at 204lbs. Dunno if that's a particularly good thing as that much of a loss wasn't at all intentional.

I got a food scale and that FitnessPal app, set it for a one pound loss per week, and was genuinely surprised how much meat I could get away with. I learned that my cups are much bigger than I thought and that the amount of almond milk I was drinking was actually a shit-ton of calories. Like, hooooly shit, that was more calories right there than in my usual lunches. So I'm drinking half of that and drinking it slower. And only having one fruit cup at a time, not two. Also, dried dates have a surprising amount of calories and the serving size is only two. Two! Same with honey-roasted almonds: less than a handful?! And almond butter: two tablespoons?! That's it?! All of my snacks are actually bad for me! What the actual fuck?!

So I've been heavily restricting myself when it comes to those things. It isn't satisfying. At all. I am sad and frustrated.

I'll admit that I was an idiot and fucked myself up for a hot second: I kept eating what I usually did (sans all the milk and fruit), but forced myself to split it into three meals instead of my usual two. I regularly had 300 calories leftover every day for about a week (before adding in my exercises because I was too lazy to at the time). I figured I either had to be measuring something wrong, or that I could keep it as 'wiggle room' if I wanted to treat myself to some extra milk or fruit that day. Which I didn't, because I wanted to be a good girl.

That was a mistake, as after that week I got really shaky and spent my days off re-stabilizing my sugar. You'd think I would've learned my lesson from all the crap I went through before, but clearly I am a retard.

I now eat four times per day, using the snack section of the food diary as that fourth meal, and push myself closer to my maximum calories for the day. That, and I make sure I put my exercises in so that I can see what's actually going on. I'm feeling tons better now, aside from desperately wanting to eat all the fruit cups in my fridge and down three mugs of almond milk.

I also invested in some Propell because on top of starving I was dehydrated as fuck and regular water was making life suck. Considering how hot it got and how much I sweat, my dumb ass should've known better. Which also means that all of that weight was most likely water weight.

I'm gonna look into that keto calculator thing, plan some shit out foodwise, and go shopping on my next day off. I'm lactose intolerant and have an annoying amount of food sensitivities besides, but I'm sure I can figure something out. I'm thinking about picking up a case or two of Ensure to take to work with/as my lunch since I never have an appetite at that time and have a very, very bad habit of falling back on Sweet Hawaiian rolls and lemonade, and that's purely for the sake of keeping my sugar up. It's a horrible mindset that I'm still working to fix, and I figure it'll be easier if I have something I can replace it with. Bonus points for them being absolutely delicious.
If you hate it, look for alternatives. I suggest Greg Ducette. He has a cookbook (way overpriced, but filesharing exists) that is low calorie but very dense food so you feel twice as full on normal amounts of food. His voice is obnoxious but his info is spot on and has yet to be proven wrong that I am aware of. If you hate it you won't stick to it, then yo-yo diet. Restrict, then gorge, then restrict, and so on. You have to love what you eat.

Virgo

kiwifarms.net
I fell off the horse badly before lockdown. Now I'm giving everything another shot. I have 20 kilos to lose in four to five months.

• Intermittent fasting (16:8, 18:6)
  • ~1600 calories for ~400+ deficit
  • Running 3 days a week (None To Run program)
  • Walking 3 days a week
  • Squats, planks, weight training
  • Steamed vegetables and fruit daily
  • Multivitamin daily
  • Protein powder daily
  • 40/40/20 macro, low carb
  • Sleeping 8 hours
  • 1.5 - 3 litres of water
I tried ~1400 calories yesterday and it doesn't feel like enough, but this is only day three. I'm going to work up to completing that list daily. Right now I'm OK on the first 6. Mood is way better and I'm enjoying running outside again. I just really want to look fantastic again so I can buy the clothes I dream about and not do them a disservice. The hardest thing is not having junk food at the extent I'm used to. Chips/crisps are my #1 vice and they're hard to quit. Fingers crossed. If I can do a week, then a month, I'll be fine.

carltondanks

kiwifarms.net
I've recently noticed that I'm gaining way too much weight, and I'm currently at the heaviest I've been in my life, which is 217 pounds. Once i noticed that, I've been hitting the treadmill. Almost all of my sessions have left me wheezing and sweating like a pig. I've been doing this for maybe 2 weeks now, and I've noticed that i have been going to sleep a lot easier at night than before i started exercising. I hope I'm actually losing weight. The scale I'm using is giving me odd numbers, and it's throwing me off.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is it possible to lose fat but not see the weight go down on the scale? Because I have been going super hard core with just whey protein shakes, chicken and Turkey to eat and I haven't lost a single pound in a week. I was seeing good progress but then it just stopped.

So unless pizza is my kryptonite and it just shuts down weight loss if I have so much as 2 slices on a cheat day then I don't know what to do.

Next cheat meal will be sushi for Thursday and I want to see if that will have any difference. I realize it could also be stress too.

Dave Meltzer

kiwifarms.net
Is it possible to lose fat but not see the weight go down on the scale? Because I have been going super hard core with just whey protein shakes, chicken and Turkey to eat and I haven't lost a single pound in a week. I was seeing good progress but then it just stopped.

So unless pizza is my kryptonite and it just shuts down weight loss if I have so much as 2 slices on a cheat day then I don't know what to do.

Next cheat meal will be sushi for Thursday and I want to see if that will have any difference. I realize it could also be stress too.
It is possible if you are putting on muscle. You may have also reached the point where you have changed your resting metabolic rate. So aren't in a deficit anymore. I saw a good video explaining this greater detail. I'll try to find it. I doubt it is the cheat meal itself since I also do one and I eat the full large pizza myself.

Last edited:

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is possible if you are putting on muscle. You may have also reached the point where you have changed your resting metabolic rate. So aren't in a deficit anymore. I saw a good video explaining this greater detail. I'll try to find it. I doubt it is the cheat meal itself since I also do one and I eat the full large pizza myself.
That's the thing though, I did a quick calorie count and I keep it between 1200-1500 calories a day. Also low carb. I even cut out energy drinks except for the cheat day. Also, I got a little bummed out and since my company is sending out a gift certificate for food from a fancy mailorder place where I was left browsing $100 pizza's for this very boring work day on Labor Day. I cheated, got myself a small pie and 2 energy drinks. Perhaps mixing up the cheat days would help? I don't know anymore. It's shooting in the dark.

• Feels
Reactions: Unog

Exterminate Leftists

"Hulkamania is like a single grain of sand"
kiwifarms.net
I fell off the horse badly before lockdown. Now I'm giving everything another shot. I have 20 kilos to lose in four to five months.

• Intermittent fasting (16:8, 18:6)
  • ~1600 calories for ~400+ deficit
  • Running 3 days a week (None To Run program)
  • Walking 3 days a week
  • Squats, planks, weight training
  • Steamed vegetables and fruit daily
  • Multivitamin daily
  • Protein powder daily
  • 40/40/20 macro, low carb
  • Sleeping 8 hours
  • 1.5 - 3 litres of water
I tried ~1400 calories yesterday and it doesn't feel like enough, but this is only day three. I'm going to work up to completing that list daily. Right now I'm OK on the first 6. Mood is way better and I'm enjoying running outside again. I just really want to look fantastic again so I can buy the clothes I dream about and not do them a disservice. The hardest thing is not having junk food at the extent I'm used to. Chips/crisps are my #1 vice and they're hard to quit. Fingers crossed. If I can do a week, then a month, I'll be fine.
Don't buy the junk food and you will be less tempted to eat it because it would require you to leave your house to go buy it first. There are some junk food alternatives that taste good and will help curb the craving. I keep a bunch of plain, unsalted cashews around in case I don't have time to make a meal. Maybe you're already doing that, but I've found even replacing the bad stuff with healthier options will get you over that hump.

I've recently noticed that I'm gaining way too much weight, and I'm currently at the heaviest I've been in my life, which is 217 pounds. Once i noticed that, I've been hitting the treadmill. Almost all of my sessions have left me wheezing and sweating like a pig. I've been doing this for maybe 2 weeks now, and I've noticed that i have been going to sleep a lot easier at night than before i started exercising. I hope I'm actually losing weight. The scale I'm using is giving me odd numbers, and it's throwing me off.
I weigh in three times a week when I am on a cut cycle, and try to do it the same way and at the same time of day. I've found that helps to rules out as many variables as possible.
That's the thing though, I did a quick calorie count and I keep it between 1200-1500 calories a day. Also low carb. I even cut out energy drinks except for the cheat day. Also, I got a little bummed out and since my company is sending out a gift certificate for food from a fancy mailorder place where I was left browsing $100 pizza's for this very boring work day on Labor Day. I cheated, got myself a small pie and 2 energy drinks. Perhaps mixing up the cheat days would help? I don't know anymore. It's shooting in the dark.
In my experience the cheat days undid all of the hard work I did the rest of the week. After I stopped eating the unhealthy stuff, my body didn't have a taste for it anymore. I've found that just maintaining a nutritious diet was easier if I wasn't teasing myself. $100 pizza sounds absolutely ridiculous, but tempting.

soft breathing

god has left the building a long time ago.
kiwifarms.net
Have you ever tried to actually count the calories of the food you're consuming?

I've always wondered why my weight loss was stagnating even thought I was working out, eating less etc. Then I got one of those handydandy calorie counter apps and found out that I was still eating enough to maintain my weight and not lose it. After I started counting and actually looking at nutrition values of food etc, the weight started to drop and I felt a whole lot better in general honestly.

• Dumb
Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Have you ever tried to actually count the calories of the food you're consuming?

I've always wondered why my weight loss was stagnating even thought I was working out, eating less etc. Then I got one of those handydandy calorie counter apps and found out that I was still eating enough to maintain my weight and not lose it. After I started counting and actually looking at nutrition values of food etc, the weight started to drop and I felt a whole lot better in general honestly.

Reading comprehension skills are important.

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Reading comprehension skills are important.
Maybe you need to up the exercise or take this to a doctor or dietitian and see what they say. Or maybe cut back on the protein and eat some other stuff to offset it (because this:
Because I have been going super hard core with just whey protein shakes, chicken and Turkey to eat
seems a little excessive IMO)

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: BrunoMattei

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I started using a calorie counter on my phone to keep track of things and stick to 1600 calories a day. It's working really well. I'd been stuck between 195 and 200 for months and finally the numbers flirted with 189 before settling on 192. Just gotta stay disciplined for the next two months or so and I should get to 180. Ultimate goal is 172.

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net
I just started taking up running for the last couple days. I was only able to run a little more than half a mile (or 800 something meters). Been having good vibes afterwards though, hoping I can run past a mile with ease.

Also I don't really eat a lot I guess. Usually two meals one a day in my case. Not sure what else needs to be known.

Virgo

kiwifarms.net
I'm falling off the wagon terribly on weekends. Pretty sure I consumed ~2500 calories today after my 18 hour fast. I am normally limiting to 1500. Also the battery in both my bathroom and food scales is flat so I don't know how much I weigh right now or the precise amount of calories I'm eating and I'm STRESSING OUT. Batteries tomorrow.

Exercise is going alright. I'm doing week 2, run 3 of the None To Run program in about 20 hours time. I do need to step up with weights, though, to get that duration to an hour a day for calorie burning and stop giving in to the binge monster on weekends.

My clothes feel like they're fitting a little better since I started. I'm drinking 1.5 - 2 litres of water. My fasting is up to 18 hours. Runs are getting easier. Feeling better overall. I think the solution is to precook and freeze my weekend meals and limit it to once a day instead of a meal and snacks in a prolonged window.

Reactions: MerriedxReldnahc

TowinKarz

Last Seen Fleeing From the Scene.....
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Running isn't an option for me due to having flat feet so bad I'm certain the Army would reject me and over-pronating to the point that a pair of cheap shoes will have the outer heels ground off like you left them against a belt sander in just a month's time.

That said, don't think just walking won't do you any good.

I have a 1 mile "circuit" of roads around the neighborhood I took to walking daily that included a short but steep incline, that in concert with cutting all the sugar I could think of out of my diet (particularly soda) and cutting everything else down led to me dropping from 275 to 236 in the last 6 months.

So, anyone out there who doesn't have the time/money/affinity for gyms, don't think you can't get results out something as simple as a hill, once a day.... didn't even need specialized clothes.

Mender Bug

kiwifarms.net
Running isn't an option for me due to having flat feet so bad I'm certain the Army would reject me and over-pronating to the point that a pair of cheap shoes will have the outer heels ground off like you left them against a belt sander in just a month's time.

That said, don't think just walking won't do you any good.

I have a 1 mile "circuit" of roads around the neighborhood I took to walking daily that included a short but steep incline, that in concert with cutting all the sugar I could think of out of my diet (particularly soda) and cutting everything else down led to me dropping from 275 to 236 in the last 6 months.

So, anyone out there who doesn't have the time/money/affinity for gyms, don't think you can't get results out something as simple as a hill, once a day.... didn't even need specialized clothes.
King type shit.
Ive managed to get down to 200 from 230 in April. Im gonna try to get down 180 now wish me luck.

Tags
None