Weight loss support thread -

Angel Dust

Insidious Bitch Snake
kiwifarms.net
King type shit.
Ive managed to get down to 200 from 230 in April. Im gonna try to get down 180 now wish me luck.
Good luck! : )
My starting weight November of last year was 230 as well. Currently at 151. Don't get discouraged. I got into a depressed rut in the 190s, thinking it was all pointless and i was loosing weight so slowly it didn't make a difference. Also try not to get scale obsessed. That didn't help me at all. You got this fellow farmer!

Slowboat to China

Level 6 Hairy Hands Syndrome
kiwifarms.net
CICO is working for me: I'm inching down towards 200. Slower than I would have liked, but after years of yo-yo dieting and frustration, any movement at all in the right direction is good. :) Cautiously optimistic right now.

Where I have fallen off the wagon is exercise. Having the gym in my apartment complex was really convenient, but they've instituted mask regulations now, and I have a hard time exercising in a mask: my lung capacity is shit and I end up struggling to breathe despite doing less than normal. So I've had a few days of "Fuck it, what's even the point." Not good. Any recommendations for simple at-home workouts with minimal equipment?

Reactions: MerriedxReldnahc

Kike Konger

Bike, Bike, Bike!
kiwifarms.net
I'm mostly working to convert all of my fat tissue into muscle tissue instead, body builder shit and all that. But I've noticed that my stomach is shaping up more, so that's pretty nice. I know that this isn't technically losing weight, since really all I'm doing is weighing the same amount except it's more muscles than fat. But I thought I'd share anyway, since I'm starting to actually like looking in the mirror.

AmarettoPie

Definitely not poisonous.
kiwifarms.net
Another month down. Still at 204lbs; no loss, but no gain, either. I'll take that as a good thing considering that I've had some kinda weird cold/flu/stress bug from hell for the past few weeks and haven't been able to keep up with my exercises due to it.

Now that I'm feeling a bit better, though, I wanna get a bike. I'm right next to the park, and riding is loads more fun than weights and walking. I was looking at a cruiser bike (because it's cute as fuck), but the one time I rode anything other than a mountain bike it nearly killed me with the lack of gears. And that was back when I was young and fit!

The area I'm in now isn't quite as hilly, and while my physical therapy has worked wonders for my hip, my knee has only gotten worse: It burns like a motherfucker when any pressure is applied to it. And though it doesn't swell up anymore, it hurts even more now to bend after standing for a few hours. Ack. And because of that I'm not entirely sure how my knee will handle the pedaling motion, but who knows? Maybe it'll help. And there are benches in the park if I need to take a break, so whatever.

Anyway, should I get that sweet cruiser, or play it safe and get the decent-but-not-as-cute mountain bike?

Reactions: MerriedxReldnahc

Virgo

kiwifarms.net
Lost a kilo over a week. Nice. Was not completely dedicated though so most of this stuff happened ~4 days out of 7. Gradually making it part of my regular routine so I stick with it. I am extremely lazy so any semblance of consistency and discipline with this is a good sign for me lol.

- 18 and 20 hour fasts
- light exercise 30 minutes a day
- stayed around 1500 calories in
- burned between 200 and 350 calories through activity
- 1.5 - 2L water + protein shake + coffee + green tea
- at least 7 hours sleep

Added 20 minutes of skipping to my exercise from today and I can definitely feel it all over. I think skipping will have the biggest effect in combination with fasting. I am trying to aim for 500 active calories burned over the next week.

alreadyhome

kiwifarms.net
Lost a kilo over a week. Nice. Was not completely dedicated though so most of this stuff happened ~4 days out of 7. Gradually making it part of my regular routine so I stick with it. I am extremely lazy so any semblance of consistency and discipline with this is a good sign for me lol.

- 18 and 20 hour fasts
- light exercise 30 minutes a day
- stayed around 1500 calories in
- burned between 200 and 350 calories through activity
- 1.5 - 2L water + protein shake + coffee + green tea
- at least 7 hours sleep

Added 20 minutes of skipping to my exercise from today and I can definitely feel it all over. I think skipping will have the biggest effect in combination with fasting. I am trying to aim for 500 active calories burned over the next week.
Virgo season

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m about 280. My arms and legs are stacked with muscle, but I’ve got a beer gut. The real offender was sugar. A couple years ago, I went through a phase where I was pounding Rockstar energy drinks to stay awake during night shifts and quickly ballooned by 70 pounds. The moment I cut the sugar out of my diet, the weight gain instantly halted.

Sugar is the devil. Don’t fucking do it. It’s pure fuel and your body will burn that instead of fat, and whoops, a few packs of Red Bull later, and now you’re a porker.

Today, I walked 7 miles and burned a good 1200 calories. Feel good. Need to keep going. Want to get in some bench press later.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The "my fitness app" has been a real revelation to me. I honestly never even realized how many calories actually went into various things I didnt even really think about eating. Now that I have started paying more attention and am trying to stay between 1600 and 2000 my weight has started to drop at a pretty steady rate. At 188 now, which is about 4 pounds in one week.

Local Fed

RIP snailslime
kiwifarms.net
The "my fitness app" has been a real revelation to me. I honestly never even realized how many calories actually went into various things I didnt even really think about eating. Now that I have started paying more attention and am trying to stay between 1600 and 2000 my weight has started to drop at a pretty steady rate. At 188 now, which is about 4 pounds in one week.
Out of curiosity, are you talking about Myfitnesspal or a different app?

Tags
None