WEIGHT LOSS UPDATE 11/06/20 -

How long will Amber last on Jenny Craig?

• 1 day

Votes: 122 24.8%
  • 2 days

Votes: 122 24.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 115 23.4%
  • 5 days

Votes: 70 14.2%
  • 1 week

Votes: 42 8.5%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • 3 weeks

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • 1 Month

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • 2 Months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 Months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3+ Months

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Let's Find Out!

🗡️🗡️🗡️
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People with psychological issues related to food will always fail with WLS, so unless Hambone gets her head right (LOLOLOLOL) she's never going to get WLS and in the unlikely even that she does she's not going to be successful.

If you eat your feelings and you don't deal with your MENTALS beforehand you are going to fail. Bottom line.

And fuck knows Hamber is never going to actually tackle the problems in her head. It's much easier to join Jenny Craig.

PuthyWagon2.0

kiwifarms.net
Haven't watched yet, but if she's doing Jenny Craig, then it is going to crash and burn like Optavia did, but with more flourish. Where I'm from (not US) diets like the Jenny Craig and Weightwatchers fall in with schemes like Slimming World. In my experience, they were/are extremely popular with 200-300lb people, generally older women, and were designed to keep you coming back to meetings and support groups, because you'd pay 10 pounds or so every week, which, multiplied by 30 or so fatarses, made a lot of money for the company or scheme.

This is just what I've seen, but because these sorts of weight loss schemes relied on a returning customer, their whole thing was to say it would take you absolute years and years to lose something like 3 stone / 44lbs, for example, when someone of a high weight could lose that in a few weeks if they were to be very strict. I would imagine Jenny Craig is very similar. They also have simplified calorie counting charts like Weightwatcher points or Syns -which Amber dislikes because it 'allows her to sneak in a pint of ice cream' and other assorted shit - and lots of health-food (shite) products sold in supermarkets to maximise profits.

My point is, Amberlynn won't be too happy with this, and she'll quit. She won't cite the amount of calories as her reason for quitting, or say Jenny Craig was too lenient a regime and she was forced to have McNuggets and ice cream. She's probably going to bring up how it wasn't working fast enough (which she will be correct about for once) and she will have wasted a bunch of money again for no reason.

As for WLS - get real. Until Amberlynn attends regular and intensive therapy and counselling for the issues that facilitated her to balloon to almost 600lbs, any bariatric intervention would be a waste of time and medical resources. She would stretch out a band or her stomach very quickly, because despite what she thinks, the surgery will not take away her compulsion to stuff away her emotions. It will just make overfeeding herself more difficult and dangerous.

Edit: can't grammar.

mekalekahi

It would mess up my metabolism
kiwifarms.net
Bit strange that she said she went to a "pricy" weight loss center that has dieticians and counselors but then leaves the place signing up for Jenny Craig. Seems she skipped over telling us how she did the plan they gave her and she once again couldn't handle it cause its low carb. I wonder if there is anyone on this planet that can explain to amber that somtimes life isnt fair and for her to be successful she will have to give shit up.

YOUR MOM

I hate this
kiwifarms.net
"There is an initial sign-up and a monthly membership fee, plus the cost of Jenny Craig meals. The sign-up fee is typically under $100 and the monthly membership fee around $20 per month. Food costs add up to about $150 per week, depending on which items you choose."

Aaaand Amber blows a ton of money on useless diet foods yet again. This surely won't turn out exactly like the last time with $200 down the drain and a gain of 20lbs.
Oh yeah I forgot about that expensive weight loss app bullshit. She's probably still paying for that.

I never almost drownded

I came here to drink milk and kick ass
kiwifarms.net
She's so full of BS blaming oestrogen for her ballooning back up so quickly. I know she said muh cRaVInGs, but you can tell she thinks it's all the mean oestrogen's fault and not her being reminded that actions have consequences.

For anyone wondering, here's a sys review evaluating all the body-weight outcomes from numerous trials (the review's from 2000, but there doesn't appear to be any subsequent research to challenge it):
No statistically significant difference was found in mean weight gain between those using unopposed oestrogen and non-HRT users (0.66 kg, 95% CI -0.62, 1.93). No significant difference was found in mean weight gain between those using oestrogen/progestogen therapy and non-HRT users (-0.47 kg, 95% CI -1.63, 0.69).[...] The reviewers found no statistically significant difference in mean BMI increase between those using oestrogen/progestogen and non-HRT users (-0.50, 95% CI -1.06, 0.06).

But nah, it's all because of having your baby-maker yanked out and taking replacement hormones. It's definitely not because you lost weight before without changing a single behaviour because of a progressing disease, and skated through the whole cancer experience without having to change anything either. It's now up to Saint Jenny Craig to swoop in and save you from your bodily affliction and life of unfair woes

wilderbeans

Queen of Autists
kiwifarms.net
She's so full of BS blaming oestrogen for her ballooning back up so quickly. I know she said muh cRaVInGs, but you can tell she thinks it's all the mean oestrogen's fault and not her being reminded that actions have consequences.

For anyone wondering, here's a sys review evaluating all the body-weight outcomes from numerous trials (the review's from 2000, but there doesn't appear to be any subsequent research to challenge it):
No statistically significant difference was found in mean weight gain between those using unopposed oestrogen and non-HRT users (0.66 kg, 95% CI -0.62, 1.93). No significant difference was found in mean weight gain between those using oestrogen/progestogen therapy and non-HRT users (-0.47 kg, 95% CI -1.63, 0.69).[...] The reviewers found no statistically significant difference in mean BMI increase between those using oestrogen/progestogen and non-HRT users (-0.50, 95% CI -1.06, 0.06).

But nah, it's all because of having your baby-maker yanked out and taking replacement hormones. It's definitely not because you lost weight before without changing a single behaviour because of a progressing disease, and skated through the whole cancer experience without having to change anything either. It's now up to Saint Jenny Craig to swoop in and save you from your bodily affliction and life of unfair woes
Amen for saint Jenny Craig scooping her up just as her last door out (wls) was closed in her face. What she needs to realize is that the drs are telling her she’s too emotionally dysfunctional with food for ANY program to work short of stapling her jaw shut or putting her in a coma, and she has NO CHOICE but to fix her issues or die fatly. There is no saint Jenny Craig, it’s all an illusion. She can’t BUY weight loss, can’t have it on accident, can’t plan it up in a journal, it’s one thing in her life that must be undone, consistently, every single day for years with hard work and struggle. It includes a complete reworking of everything inside her fat little moon head in conjunction with retraining herself to have a different relationship with food. Her relationship with food should consist of a handshake and smile but she’s fucked it all up and is obsessively kinky and freakish with it, to put it in a relationship metaphor. She’s a foodaphile. No es bueno fattylynn! Put it down!

Turd Fergusson

kiwifarms.net
how do you get fat enough to need WLS without having a psychological issue related to food? If you can solve that issue why have surgery?
In general, from what I know, unless there is a physiological or biological reason for the weight gain, the reason that people gain weight to this extent is through overeating. In Amber's case, she has been overweight for a long time (over 200 lbs at 11 years old), so it is quite ingrained in her psyche and the only way for her to reduce eating is through in-depth cognitive behavioural therapy and other psychological interventions. Amber has always refused such intervention and I am not sure if she really wants to do it. even now. She does not like to be in an uncomfortable position, both physically and psychologically.

I am not sure why she went with Jenny Craig. If you want to lose a few pounds so that you will fit in your wedding dress, that is one thing, but wanting to lose 100's pounds eating pre-packaged meals is something else. If she sticks with it for a week, she might lose about 20 pounds, but she will gain it back in a day or two.

She needs to figure out what she wants to do and plan for it accordingly

Last edited:

Situation Type Deal Gorl

Fuck your feelings, nancypants
kiwifarms.net
Oh goody. Al finally got diagnosed with fat/stupid/crazy. Could have asked the Farms, we would have told her the same things-would have saved her some cash.
About time with the Jenny Craig-it was the only one she hasn't "tried" yet. Looking forward to complete and utter failure as failure is the only thing Al does well.

What is that nutri-whatever? Nutrisystem! She hasn't tried that one, to my knowledge, but it would be just another in the fail column. She ought to just stop pretending she wants to lose weight. She could then just go in tits deep to eating herself to death.

She said the psychologist forgot his computer password lmao.
The whole story sounds like horseshit.

All f her stories are horseshit. Why should this one be any different?

Tags
None