Weird Dreams Thread -

• The Kiwi Farms is running a Fediverse Node, which is like Twitter but decentralized between many individual providers, similar to email. Feel free to sign up and follow me. There are many more services we federate with, and you will see all that content with one account. (Feedback thread.)

Yolandi

Resident Pokemon Go expert
kiwifarms.net
In my stressful dreams I can't ever read anything, numbers or letters. So if I'm stressed I'll dream that I'm trying to clock in at a job but can't remember my employee number and have to ask for it by which time I'm really late, then I go to break and can't read the paper with my number to clock back in. And these dreams go on and on until I wake up, a reflection of my stress. Or sometimes I remember I have a second job I haven't been to in forever and I finally remember and go to the job without knowing if I still work there or not and only work like an hour and leave. Maybe by writing about it here I won't have these dreams tonight. When I used to write about my dreams every day it stopped the really bad ones, no joke. Not sure how I got out of that habit.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
In my stressful dreams I can't ever read anything, numbers or letters.
You actually can't in dreams in general. The part of your brain/mind that mediates written language doesn't work normally. You can reality test with that and it's one of the lucid dreaming tricks. Even if you can actually read, if you look away and look back it won't be the same or will be obviously strange in a dreamlike way.

Yolandi

kiwifarms.net
You actually can't in dreams in general. The part of your brain/mind that mediates written language doesn't work normally. You can reality test with that and it's one of the lucid dreaming tricks. Even if you can actually read, if you look away and look back it won't be the same or will be obviously strange in a dreamlike way.
Thank you! That's good to know (and makes me feel less stressed just knowing that)

• Feels
Reactions: AnOminous

Nebula Slasher

Spergy Fag
kiwifarms.net
I had a dream involving everyone's favorite pokemon lolcow Slugfucker. I was in a small school room with Slugfucker and three other kids. We were all around 14. Slugfucker had some laminated pictures of Goodra on his desk. I went in the bathroom and shouted, "Female Goodra suck!" Immediately Slugfucker burst into the room and dragged me out, saying in a squeaky voice, "What did you say?" I repeated myself and Slugfucker started beating the shit out of me. He apparently hit me so hard that I was somehow bleeding out from his punches. Two of the other kids in the room managed to pull him off me and restrain him, while the third called 911 and helped me to the nurse's office. Eventually the police came and Slugfucker was arrested. I later confessed to the nurse that I had decided to "troll" him because I had found out about his online reputation. I then asked her if I should feel bad for him, and she responded, "No, he totally deserved it."

Nekromantik

I was phone!
kiwifarms.net
I had a dream last nigh where the Ghostbusters got called to a dog show that was haunted by giant monster ticks. It was kind of like the cartoon.

Recon

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thank you! That's good to know (and makes me feel less stressed just knowing that)
In your weird cures thread we talked about this briefly - If you think you're stuck in a bad dream, read clocks and flip light switches. Focusing on minute detail like that can wake you up.

Does anyone else have dreams that come back to them months later in a wav of Deja Vu, and you realize you dreamt about this moment some time ago?

Reactions: Yolandi

Smaug's Smokey Hole

dragron: the bruges tea soirée
kiwifarms.net
Or sometimes I remember I have a second job I haven't been to in forever and I finally remember and go to the job without knowing if I still work there or not and only work like an hour and leave.
I posted about a similar thing earlier, I think, where in the dream I (and I know other people with the same dream) have an apartment in a town I used to live in(I used to move around a lot) that I completely forgot about and haven't paid rent for in years so I have to go there and make things right, move out, clean it, who knows, but it is stressful and a journey into the unknown.
It's probably the grown-up version of no pants in school, something that later turned into "oh shit I forgot I was taking that class and now there's an exam!". A common component for me with the apartment thing is that the neighborhood has changed drastically and I feel like an alien in a place where I should feel more familiar than in most other places. I don't remember the spaceport on top of that building for example, that's new and the elevator didn't go sideways underground between buildings when I lived there...

Don't worry, it will go away and be replaced by dreams about your teeth falling out or something similar to that. When responsibility in life is taken care of it will be replaced by the looming specter of aging and death.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: AprilRains

Yolandi

kiwifarms.net
I posted about a similar thing earlier, I think, where in the dream I (and I know other people with the same dream) have an apartment in a town I used to live in(I used to move around a lot) that I completely forgot about and haven't paid rent for in years so I have to go there and make things right, move out, clean it, who knows, but it is stressful and a journey into the unknown.
It's probably the grown-up version of no pants in school, something that later turned into "oh shit I forgot I was taking that class and now there's an exam!". A common component for me with the apartment thing is that the neighborhood has changed drastically and I feel like an alien in a place where I should feel more familiar than in most other places. I don't remember the spaceport on top of that building for example, that's new and the elevator didn't go sideways underground between buildings when I lived there...

Don't worry, it will go away and be replaced by dreams about your teeth falling out or something similar to that. When responsibility in life is taken care of it will be replaced by the looming specter of aging and death.
Geez, that got dark at the very end (haha) but I have another dream I wanted to talk about. I have a dream where I suddenly realize I have a flight that's leaving in like, 45 minutes, and I don't have time to pack anything so I just get in the car and leave for the airport and think that I'll buy what I need when I get there. When I get to the airport it's basically a giant maze and I can't find the gate and I never end up going anywhere.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

dragron: the bruges tea soirée
kiwifarms.net
Geez, that got dark at the very end (haha) but I have another dream I wanted to talk about. I have a dream where I suddenly realize I have a flight that's leaving in like, 45 minutes, and I don't have time to pack anything so I just get in the car and leave for the airport and think that I'll buy what I need when I get there. When I get to the airport it's basically a giant maze and I can't find the gate and I never end up going anywhere.
There's probably a common core about anxiety and stress in dreams that manifests itself in different ways among different people at different ages. Suddenly realizing that you need to get on a plane, going without packing hoping it will sort itself out later, finding yourself unprepared to navigate the maze that is an airport - that is stress and anxiety while losing control over something you should have control over, because you're not a fuck up, it's agonizing over possible personal shortcomings in a way.
In my opinion at least, it's not really even an opinion just a thought.

ask your mother about the teeth dreams. maybe that has changed, maybe it's something else now.

The Littlest Shitlord

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dreams of teeth falling out are a sign of anxiety over aging? That can't be right, I haven't had those dreams since I was a kid. Needless to say, I have more concern over aging now than I did then.

Anyway I had a dream about a lolcow recently, which is an uncommon occurrence for me so I thought that I'd mention it. It was Alex Leal; I found out that he had just committed suicide after being outed as a pedophile. He used to play online poker on some shitty online poker site run by Google that I used to visit, and I noticed his death when I went to the site and he wasn't there. The site went out of business later that same day, as if Alex was keeping it afloat.

Then I saw his mom walking around, and she was really weird looking, so I decided to check and see if I had a camera. Feeling around my neck, I did indeed find a camera on a strap around my neck, so I decided to take a picture to put on Kiwi Farms. It was really awkward to use because the camera was freakishly wide for absolutely no reason and the controls were scattered all over it in a random fashion, so the picture I was able to take wasn't very good but it did show her deformed head so I was satisfied. Her head was strangely round and flat on the sides, like a drum turned sideways, and she had problem glasses and SJW hair.

Guts Gets Some

"Sword=cock" -Susumu Hirasawa
kiwifarms.net
Dreams of teeth falling out are a sign of anxiety over aging? That can't be right, I haven't had those dreams since I was a kid. Needless to say, I have more concern over aging now than I did then.

Anyway I had a dream about a lolcow recently, which is an uncommon occurrence for me so I thought that I'd mention it. It was Alex Leal; I found out that he had just committed suicide after being outed as a pedophile. He used to play online poker on some shitty online poker site run by Google that I used to visit, and I noticed his death when I went to the site and he wasn't there. The site went out of business later that same day, as if Alex was keeping it afloat.

Then I saw his mom walking around, and she was really weird looking, so I decided to check and see if I had a camera. Feeling around my neck, I did indeed find a camera on a strap around my neck, so I decided to take a picture to put on Kiwi Farms. It was really awkward to use because the camera was freakishly wide for absolutely no reason and the controls were scattered all over it in a random fashion, so the picture I was able to take wasn't very good but it did show her deformed head so I was satisfied. Her head was strangely round and flat on the sides, like a drum turned sideways, and she had problem glasses and SJW hair.
It's so weird how often I have dreams about one particular tooth being loose or falling out. I can legit feel it. I don't know if I'm pushing on it physically to imagine that sensation or doing it to such an extent, I actually weaken it and then it heals after I stop dreaming. But it's always intense and I always wake up relieved that there's nothing wrong with it.

My guess is the former, that just the sensation gets warped to mean it's loose, than actually being so. Loose teeth don't suddenly go back to being hard, otherwise we wouldn't have dentists.

• Agree
Reactions: Coleman Francis

Night Owl

How long have I waited...
kiwifarms.net
I had a dream last night that there was a Devil May Cry movie. I wish I could remember the plot more, but it involved alien demons with a busted up spaceship, church shootouts and Lady being an important character.

And one of the new weapons was a demonic sheep with rocket launchers strapped to its body.

The Littlest Shitlord

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had another dream with a lolcow a few nights ago. Some sort of strange bio-storm was coming, and my family and I had little time to prepare. We went to sleep while we were surrounded by tiny life forms, insect-size but less creepy, and everything manufactured was destroyed (except for an old pair of slippers I threw out years ago for some reason). We were then thrown well over ten thousand years into the future, and everything we were familiar with had been destroyed or changed beyond all recognition. The world was so alien that I couldn't even comprehend most of what we saw let alone remember it after waking up, but I remember a few strange things: people didn't make meals for guests anymore, but instead ate and then regurgitated it into the guests' mouths like a mother bird does with her children, and the concept of music didn't even exist anymore. Overall there was a catastrophic feeling of absolute and utter loss for the world that had been; science was gone, technology was gone, the language was almost completely unintelligible, etc. It was a nightmare, but there was one funny part.

That funny part was Brianna Wu, who had somehow also ended up in this alien far future world, and was regarded with incredulity for his ridiculousness and incompetence. I ended up having to try to explain despite the language barrier to these strange people that yes, he was just as useless, ridiculous, and incompetent in the distant past too. I didn't even try to explain Kiwi Farms, that would have just been utterly beyond their comprehension.

Coleman Francis

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Or sometimes I remember I have a second job I haven't been to in forever and I finally remember and go to the job without knowing if I still work there or not and only work like an hour and leave.
I have these dreams maybe a few times a month, they suck. It's not pleasant at all, I'll wake up all stressed out thinking I fucked up bad at work and it takes a few seconds after waking up before you remember you just dreamed it all.

You're absolutely right too, it always involves a former workplace, never where you're currently employed. I'll dream that I did something bad and I just know that's the end, just gotta wait for the bosses to fire me. Then I wake up and remember that I haven't worked at that place in years.

I dream that all my teeth are loose and falling out a lot too. Idk what that means.

• Feels

Surf and TERF

kiwifarms.net
I keep having dreams about either getting into a car accident or running someone over. I got both last night.

I dream that all my teeth are loose and falling out a lot too. Idk what that means.
My coworker had this dream recently too. The teeth were rotting though, not just loose. She’s been very stressed out lately.

• Feels
Reactions: Coleman Francis

Chichan

kiwifarms.net
I had this dream where I was trying to shoot a mouse in midair, but you know how dreams work everything is slow mo accept the shit trying to hurt you. Anyway it bit me on the chest fucking asshole!!!!

• Feels
Reactions: S4D4K0

Kiwi Lime Pie

The tasteful summer treat. 🥝🥧
kiwifarms.net
That funny part was Brianna Wu, who had somehow also ended up in this alien far future world, and was regarded with incredulity for his ridiculousness and incompetence.
Any dream involving Brianna Wu deserves the feels :feels:. I speak from experience.

I don't think I've shared this here, but I've had a couple of dreams involving shopping malls where I walk towards what I think is the exit only to be put into another, longer corridor with even more doors than the last one. In one such dream, I was trying to run from a large group chasing me and every attempt to find an exit instead led to a bigger corridor and even more people waiting to join in the chase.

Also, any dream I have involving elevators turns out weird, because one of the following usually happens:
  • The doors open to reveal no elevator cab, a cab that stops between floors and can't be entered, or a cab that keeps going without stopping at the current floor.
  • There is a large hole in the cab's floor, making it impossible to enter without falling to one's death.
  • There is usually something physically impossible associated with the elevator cab, such as a fully-functional toilet in the corner.
  • The floor numbers increase randomly instead of sequentially - such as 1, 2, 17, 39, 125, etc.

S4D4K0

あら!
kiwifarms.net
I haven't had any conveyable dreams lately, but here's an oldie from my dream journal:
22 Nov 2013
An auctioneer sells me JFK's corpse. Hank Hill chides me for it, and then breaks into the house next door and steals a car.
I only wish I had preserved more details...

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino