Weirdest Thing You've Eaten

• ATTN NEW USERS: I strongly suggest using a real, alter-ego email address from a reputable provider and using a Password Manager to securely keep tack of it. If you forget your email and password I cannot restore your account. These are good practices in general so stop being lazy.

MT Foxtrot

Who is man enough to face The Funhouse?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fried shrimp heads.

Whenever we go to the nearest Asian market for seasonings, ect. I always make a point to get a pound of shrimp since they sell them whole. Whether or not I use the rest of the shrimp that instance, I always bread or very lightly batter the heads after trimming their whiskers and give them a good fry. Also great if your sushi joint of choice can do them (most won't, sadly).

Also tried and enjoyed rocky mountain oysters, but haven't had them in over 20 years, so trying them again will be like the first time all over.

Capsaicin Addict

Now see here you little shit.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I enjoy trying unusual burger styles and trimmings. Actual burgers, mind you, not faux-meat vegan burgers. God no, what do you take me for?

Breakfast burgers (with fried egg on the burger, and often bacon) are a favorite. I also had one with fire-roasted sliced jalapenos; that wasn't bad but half way through the burger I realized all I could taste was jalapeno.

Peanut butter, insanely, works well on a burger. No, I don't know why. All I know is that it's pretty tasty.

AnOminous

Only the kindest and friendliest of all Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Breakfast burgers (with fried egg on the burger, and often bacon) are a favorite. I also had one with fire-roasted sliced jalapenos; that wasn't bad but half way through the burger I realized all I could taste was jalapeno.
Something I've done a couple times is have a thick sliced bun with a middle slice like a Big Mac, then make a hole in the middle slice and fry an egg in it. Then make two thin patties, maybe sausage patties or half-beef half-breakfast-sausage, or bacon, with cheese and ketchup. I'm not sure it's all that weird, though.

Alexander Thaut

Viva Venezuela!
kiwifarms.net
I enjoy trying unusual burger styles and trimmings. Actual burgers, mind you, not faux-meat vegan burgers. God no, what do you take me for?

Peanut butter, insanely, works well on a burger. No, I don't know why. All I know is that it's pretty tasty.
burgers with a fried egg on them are easily findable. I've seen them in various asian fast food places.

Sharkbait

I am the terror of the deep and I like candy.
kiwifarms.net
Something I've done a couple times is have a thick sliced bun with a middle slice like a Big Mac, then make a hole in the middle slice and fry an egg in it. Then make two thin patties, maybe sausage patties or half-beef half-breakfast-sausage, or bacon, with cheese and ketchup. I'm not sure it's all that weird, though.
That sounds amazing and I now have to try it.

As for weird things I've eaten, aside from crocodile and goat head (Afghan specialty!), it's gotta be when I heated up canned bean soup and added a can of sardines and extra salt. I really like salt.

Wahgonga

kiwifarms.net
Was hiking a trail on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon with a couple guys I worked with. National Forest land, nothing like the tourist trap that is the South Rim. Isolated, quiet. Had a rattlesnake strike the toe of my boot. Didn't penetrate, shot it with a snakeshot round.

Took it with, and one of the guys showed me how to skin and prep the meat. Cooked McNugget sized pieces over mesquite with just salt and pepper. Pretty tasty stuff. Like poultry white meat with a bit of a sweet flavor. It was a bit stringy, but it tasted good enough that we didn't care.