Weirdest Thing You've Eaten

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Wahgonga

kiwifarms.net
Was hiking a trail on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon with a couple guys I worked with. National Forest land, nothing like the tourist trap that is the South Rim. Isolated, quiet. Had a rattlesnake strike the toe of my boot. Didn't penetrate, shot it with a snakeshot round.

Took it with, and one of the guys showed me how to skin and prep the meat. Cooked McNugget sized pieces over mesquite with just salt and pepper. Pretty tasty stuff. Like poultry white meat with a bit of a sweet flavor. It was a bit stringy, but it tasted good enough that we didn't care.

TC-P

kiwifarms.net
Growing up we had to eat everything from the animal which means everything. I hated the smell of pigs feet cooking and a close second is tongue. The only reason why I did not have to eat brains and scrambled eggs is because at the time I refused to eat eggs. Yeah picky younger me!!! I have had rocky mountain oysters loads. Blood pudding and sasuage. But the oddest thing to me was reindeer heart. They had smoked it and it was very similar to jerky. A friend gave it to me whilst living in Finland. I actually liked it a lot.

Sithis

Dread Lord of the Void
kiwifarms.net
If we are talking just things we've taken a bite of, probably deer heart. To this day I don't know if it's actually still a modern day hunting ritual or if my uncle was just fucking with me, a few of my friends were told the same shit and others weren't lol. Only me and one other kid actually did it/admitted it though.

If we are talking stuff we've actually consumed, idk I've been called weird for it but I used to make mayo mustard and cheese sandwiches to eat as a kid (we were poor as shit at the time) and it kinda stuck so sometimes even if I'll have ham and turkey etc I'll make a mayo/mustard/cheese sandwich and eat it with some milk.

Sourceress

chaotic neutral
kiwifarms.net
If we are talking stuff we've actually consumed, idk I've been called weird for it but I used to make mayo mustard and cheese sandwiches to eat as a kid (we were poor as shit at the time) and it kinda stuck so sometimes even if I'll have ham and turkey etc I'll make a mayo/mustard/cheese sandwich and eat it with some milk.
This reminded me of something my mum used to make us when I was little. She'd get a piece of bread (I think she might have lightly toasted it first?), put some ketchup on, a piece of cheese (Kraft singles all the way), and tear up some bologna on top and then stick it in the toaster oven until the cheese got melty and the bologna bits got crisped. It was a poor man's pizza! I really loved it when I was a kid. I keep kind of wanting to make it at home just to see if the nostalgia factor makes it taste as good as I remember, but my partner has declared it an abomination and won't let me lmfao.

ForgedBlades

Milled wedges.
kiwifarms.net
Probably whatever the fuck was in the Lunchables taco "meat".

EOBNX06sWs8yhD-5QUpUQkArGHcwQBJGSDULJgO-bt4.jpg

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Growing up we had to eat everything from the animal which means everything. I hated the smell of pigs feet cooking and a close second is tongue. The only reason why I did not have to eat brains and scrambled eggs is because at the time I refused to eat eggs. Yeah picky younger me!!! I have had rocky mountain oysters loads. Blood pudding and sasuage. But the oddest thing to me was reindeer heart. They had smoked it and it was very similar to jerky. A friend gave it to me whilst living in Finland. I actually liked it a lot.
Beef tongue is way too fatty and mealy in texture to eat by itself, but it makes an okay addition to one of those giant deli sandwiches with a half-dozen other kinds of meat, especially if sliced super thin.

deso2y

The Grand Imam of al-Azhar
kiwifarms.net
Every single cow/sheep part, including dick/balls, udder, legs, lungs, intestines, cheeks, eyes and brain.
Why yes, this is what made me the terachad I am today,

Mister Mint

Gentleman Rapist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Horse meat. I went to an all-horse meat restaurant in Tokyo. It was okay, but wasn't different enough from beef to feel like I'm eating something exotic and cool.

Also:
Alligator, ostrich, elk, antelope.

Agoodpotroast

We're fighting today. Meet me in the parking lot.
kiwifarms.net
I know it's not exactly "strange" but I had duck confit poutine once at an out of the way brewery in Depot Town, Michigan. Poutine is pretty good as people generally say but it's definitely not something I could eat on a regular basis - it's too heavy for regular consumption.

Magicicada_septendecula

kiwifarms.net
I've had a few things already mentioned, including octopus (both baby and larger varieties), various organ meats including testicles and kidneys, various insects in lollipops, alligator meat.
I actually like natto which another person here absolutely hated. It has great health benefits.
I grew up with a lot of Slavic peasant foods, including head cheese (pork head meat in congealed jello-like bone broth), kiszka (pork blood sausage), and czarnina (duck blood soup). The kiszka often uses the pig intestine as casing.
One of my many homes as a military brat was Alaska, where you can get really fresh fish. We sometimes ate it before it was dead, not knowing the Japanese have a delicacy called Ikezukuri.