Weirdest Thing You've Eaten

• We've gotten t.me/kiwifarms set up for downtime announcements since Twitter doesn't allow us to have one.

Trombonista

ん~?意味がわからない? わからなくていい!!!
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A lot of people despise blue cheese but my mom loved blue cheese dressing so I grew up eating it and also love it. (Plus ranch is gross).

One of my favorite salads is strawberry spring salad with blue cheese crumbles and dressing.

Something about strawberry and blue cheese just goes so well together. Throw some bacon in and you got the salty, sweet and creaminess that makes a salad so tasty.
Spinach, strawberries, blue cheese, and red onions make a pretty good salad together.

s0mbra

Sneezing and crying
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
roastedddd a bat once but only got to eat its drumstick which isn't much

I had a bowl of fruit bat, sea turtle, and dog meat stew with seaweed and taro root in Guam.
You absolute niggers

Had some gator a few times (it's really good when cooked right), deer meat spaghetti, and pheasent pot pie, all delicious but I don't really consider them strange or exotic, so surprised to see so many people do.
Oh yeah and this oreo like dog cookie a petstore employee told me to try. 11/10 better than actual oreos.

Dumbest thing, in the other hand?
Dry lizard food. The little colorful kibble type for baby/smaller lizards. It legit smelled like fruity pebbles. I knew it would taste disgusting, but I wasn't prepared for just *how* bad. I don't even remember exactly what it tasted like but even a single piece was bad enough to make me dry heave over the sink.

AnOminous

I hated Woody Woodpecker and Scooby-Doo.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Had some gator a few times (it's really good when cooked right), deer meat spaghetti, and pheasent pot pie, all delicious but I don't really consider them strange or exotic, so surprised to see so many people do.
I've had mixed luck with gator, sometimes it's really gamy. The best way I've had it is as an andouille style sausage served in sizzling honey in a small cast iron skillet.

s0mbra

Sneezing and crying
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've had mixed luck with gator, sometimes it's really gamy. The best way I've had it is as an andouille style sausage served in sizzling honey in a small cast iron skillet.
It's really easy to fuck up iirc. I've only ever had it fried but I'd love to try it another way. That sounds bretty good.

big potato

A potato-shaped friend
kiwifarms.net
Ate a chicken heart at a restaurant once and was only told after I'd eaten it what it was.
I mostly just remember it being chewy and flavourless.
And not really weird but I was reminded of it, ate some grilled halloumi cheese in a dimly lit greek restaurant and thought it was just the shittiest chicken ever

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ate a chicken heart at a restaurant once and was only told after I'd eaten it what it was.
These are actually good marinated, skewered and grilled Brazilian rodizio style. The marinade softens it up and takes the gumminess out of it.

big potato

A potato-shaped friend
kiwifarms.net
These are actually good marinated, skewered and grilled Brazilian rodizio style. The marinade softens it up and takes the gumminess out of it.
Ooh, sounds nice like that, marinade is pretty much always op
Not sure what this place did with them, it was a sort of gimmicky chain and most of the other meat on offer was also pretty lackluster

Unflushable Turd

wholly improper
kiwifarms.net
Dried crickets sprinkled on a hotdog, was actually quite crunchy and delicious.

As a kid, there was a period around 2003-2004 at my school where it was trendy to eat uncooked ramen for lunch. Like we'd bring a package of Mr Noodles, sprinkle on the flavoring, break it apart and eat it raw. This was a regular occurrence. Strange times.

LtCucumber

i need a nap and some dick
kiwifarms.net
This is probably pretty vanilla but I've eaten crickets. It wasn't awful. Would eat them again if given to me but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy any for consumption on my own.

Very crunchy. Next venture is fried tarantula when Corona is over and I go to Indonesia.

Coffee Druid

Your cordial caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
Animals usually taste similar to the food that they eat. It was probably the seal oil, but I never eaten a seal. Whale meat and blubber is more mild, but it still has this weak seafood taste to it. I know for marine birds, people soak them in milk or butter milk to remove that seafood flavor. It's also why chickens taste different depending on what they're feed.
Heck, chicken eggs can also pick up some stuff from their food. It's why they caution against feeding chickens onions, garlic or other Sulphur containing veggies. The eggs will be...interesting. Duck eggs are good.
And not really weird but I was reminded of it, ate some grilled halloumi cheese in a dimly lit greek restaurant and thought it was just the shittiest chicken ever
I get chicken hearts on occasion to feed to pet snakes but I've been wanting to try more organ meats. While making a turkey for thanksgiving last year I slow simmered the giblets and neck with fresh herbs, chicken broth and whatnot. The organ meat wasn't perfect, but was super rich (from the turkey's fat) and fragrant. I might try that again. There's a fried chicken place I've been to that has giblets on the menu, but they're rubbery and fried to heck. Really disappointing.

I haven't drank it per se, but I would love to try non-dairy milks. And I don't mean milking a nut. I've had goat's milk (the cheese is better). But I know people drink sheep, reindeer or yak milk. What's that like? Also camel. I remember seeing someone advertise camel milk on a facebook ad, but it was really expensive.

Goat milk and its products are super easy to find. Sheep milk is impossible for me. However, sheep yogurt, cheese and even ice cream is buyable. Makes sense since those last much longer before spoilage. Only thing with yak milk is these chew sticks for dogs. Camel milk is fucking expensive. Like $120 for six pints on Amazon. They sell it powdered too, also expensive. I also found this https://www.washingtonpost.com/scie...side-americas-largest-stockpile-exotic-milks/ I don't know about you but I feel like I learned more than I want to know about this and the whole idea of milk is kind of weird now.

Last edited:

jennifer_jenkem

kiwifarms.net
I went to a "real tribe" tourist trap in South Africa and they served us these, among other things:
IMG_3592.jpg

They were surprisingly pretty good, but they were literally dirty. Like I could feel what were obviously grains of sand while I was chewing.
I find myself craving South African food a lot, actually. I had impala jerky and ostrich dumplings that were very yummy. Although they did have this nasty carb called "pap" made of rehydrated corn meal that they served with everything. It's like the consistency of gelatinous mashed potatoes, and it has no flavor. I think it's comparable to fufu, if you've ever had that.

naaaaiiiiillllll!!!

Null thought I was British, lol
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know about you but I feel like I learned more than I want to know about this and the whole idea of milk is kind of weird now.
Obligatory Calvin and Hobbes comic:
1618015925435.png

Edit: another odd food I had is something some family from the Southern USA call "Miracle Whip Chicken", which is a baked chicken recipe where you coat the chicken with a mixture of Miracle Whip, parmesan cheese, and other spices. This is baked and it comes out like a cross between baked and fried chicken (which I guess makes sense since dairy is a major part of fried chicken recipes). It sounds horrifying, but it's the best damn comfort food chicken I've ever had.

Last edited:

gooseberry

kiwifarms.net
Retro cooking is kind of my thing so I have some good ones.
I tried beef fizz once, and it was disgusting. I couldn't taste much other than cold, slightly sour beef.
reddit-user-Old-Blighty.jpg
I also love making aspic molds, those jiggly, retro gelatin recipes that don't really look suitable for human consumption.
chicken-aspic-vegetable.jpg
The tomato based ones aren't too bad, basically just a Bloody Mary in jello form. My favorites are the dessert ones, which usually have fruits, nuts, cream cheese, and mayo mixed with a fruit flavored gelatin, chilled then topped with whipped cream, fresh fruit, or mayo. Overall not so different from a watergate salad or similar midwestern "fluff" dessert, just a bit richer and with better presentation. I haven't gotten the courage to attempt a meat-based aspic yet but I imagine cold, gummy meat would be horrifying.

jennifer_jenkem

kiwifarms.net
A lot of people despise blue cheese but my mom loved blue cheese dressing so I grew up eating it and also love it. (Plus ranch is gross).

One of my favorite salads is strawberry spring salad with blue cheese crumbles and dressing.

Something about strawberry and blue cheese just goes so well together. Throw some bacon in and you got the salty, sweet and creaminess that makes a salad so tasty.
I like blue cheese quite a lot. I prefer it to ranch for dipping wings in because of the chunks.

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Obligatory Calvin and Hobbes comic:
Off-topic but have you ever actually thought about C&H? If you do, you realize it is a comic about a deeply autistic child and his conversations with an imaginary friend. His only real friend is a little girl who is continually baffled by what an absolute autist he is. And he has a dad who is almost as autistic as he is and constantly tells him ridiculous lies to amuse himself.

DailyPleb

kiwifarms.net
Retro cooking is kind of my thing so I have some good ones.
I tried beef fizz once, and it was disgusting. I couldn't taste much other than cold, slightly sour beef.
View attachment 2074344
I also love making aspic molds, those jiggly, retro gelatin recipes that don't really look suitable for human consumption.
View attachment 2074362
The tomato based ones aren't too bad, basically just a Bloody Mary in jello form. My favorites are the dessert ones, which usually have fruits, nuts, cream cheese, and mayo mixed with a fruit flavored gelatin, chilled then topped with whipped cream, fresh fruit, or mayo. Overall not so different from a watergate salad or similar midwestern "fluff" dessert, just a bit richer and with better presentation. I haven't gotten the courage to attempt a meat-based aspic yet but I imagine cold, gummy meat would be horrifying.
I am definitely open to trying retro recipes, of including ones encased in gelatin, but I draw the line at an ungodly amount of mayonnaise. The thought of having mayo cake triggers the gag reflex.

It's not exactly weird, but spending several years in the Arctic, I've had caribou in all forms, muskox, rabbit, and bush tea. The only thing that threw me off was presenting a full head to peel the meat off, other than that not bad.

Ofelia

I never wanted you
kiwifarms.net
I used to sip those little creamer cups they would give you in diners. Any kind of pasta with some butter, Parmesan cheese and Italian salad dressing with a hunk of prosciutto and a side of boiled baby carrots with butter.