Weirdest Thing You've Eaten

• ATTN NEW USERS: I strongly suggest using a real, alter-ego email address from a reputable provider and using a Password Manager to securely keep tack of it. If you forget your email and password I cannot restore your account. These are good practices in general so stop being lazy.

Cloaca Rimjob

Cum burp
kiwifarms.net
One weird thing I've always wanted to try though is haggis. Call it morbid curiosity I guess. I've also heard that deer milk and cheese is very tasty, so I might give it a go if this Corona drama ever blows over. Anyone here have any experience tasting these?
Haggis is really nice, even the tinned stuff. Actually, even cheap haggis neeps and tatties microwave dinners are spot-on. Just make sure its beef, Lamb or Venison haggis though, Pork haggis tastes "off" to me.

Had crickets, kangaroo and alligator before on separate occasions. Used to love whelks as a kid until I found they were sea snails. A random guy used to walk through the streets selling them along with mussels and candy apples.

Used to like tongue too, dont think it's really eaten much these days, left this till the end so I dont say "I used to like tongue as a child....."

The Token Ethnic

Kawaii Kaiju
kiwifarms.net
I unwillingly tried Balut. A girl I was dating had a Filipino mom and she asked me if I wanted a hard boiled egg. I thought it was odd, but obliged. I foolishly took a bite and saw it had veins and something sticking out of it. I told her something was wrong and it smelled. She laughed at me and told me what it was, a fucking embryo in an egg. I've never eaten a hardboiled egg since that day.

AnOminous

Only the kindest and friendliest of all Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Used to like tongue too, dont think it's really eaten much these days, left this till the end so I dont say "I used to like tongue as a child....."
Some legit delis still sell it. The kind that don't use heavily processed supermarket shit from Boar's Head. I think it's kind of mealy and fatty and best in small amounts as just one meat on some Dagwood level sandwich.

Cloaca Rimjob

Cum burp
kiwifarms.net
Some legit delis still sell it. The kind that don't use heavily processed supermarket shit from Boar's Head. I think it's kind of mealy and fatty and best in small amounts as just one meat on some Dagwood level sandwich.
I think it was the shitty supermarket stuff I liked haha. I had a strange palette as a kid though. I couldn't eat onions because I thought they looked like insect wings. Didn't like chips either despite them arguably being 80% of a child's diet where I grew up.

Solar Eclipse Paradox

Children of Men is now a documentary! Fuck Satan!
kiwifarms.net
Grasshoppers. They don't really fit being good culinary due to their small size and the small pieces they leave behind when eaten. I had them when I was in Mexico in a restaurant near by where I was staying.

BluntyBitch

Sharp as ATTACK
kiwifarms.net
91l3CFWexGL._SY741_.jpg

It's supposed to be a palette cleansor, has roses and mint in it. They're very small and hard for one person to finish a whole one (it's the size of your average dove chocolate nugget) so it is generally split among several people.

Like most Indian foods to non Indians, all the flavors together are just fucking weird together. I found it yucky but not spit out and be rude yucky, but def would not try again.

I've eaten some weird foods,but this just stumped my mouth and made it taste funny for hours.

dirtydeanna96

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2574442

It's supposed to be a palette cleanser, has roses and mint in it. They're very small and hard for one person to finish a whole one (it's the size of your average dove chocolate nugget) so it is generally split among several people.

Like most Indian foods to non Indians, all the flavors together are just fucking weird together. I found it yucky but not spit out and be rude yucky, but def would not try again.

I've eaten some weird foods, but this just stumped my mouth and made it taste funny for hours.
num 1 ingredient is Betel leaves, a simulant.
was it like chewing a cup of coffee?
for me, some of the non Kosher things were weird -pigs feet, octopus.

BluntyBitch

Sharp as ATTACK
kiwifarms.net
num 1 ingredient is Betel leaves, a simulant.
was it like chewing a cup of coffee?
for me, some of the non Kosher things were weird -pigs feet, octopus.
Eek lady who gave it to me has an autistic kid, but he eats them, I thought stimulants weren't good for them

I drink a ton of coffee so prolly wouldnt have noticed.

Yeah the betel leaves, that's the weird taste,mixed with mint.

Precocious Halfwit

I am your man Christmas parsnet
kiwifarms.net
Haggis is really nice, even the tinned stuff. Actually, even cheap haggis neeps and tatties microwave dinners are spot-on. Just make sure its beef, Lamb or Venison haggis though, Pork haggis tastes "off" to me.

Had crickets, kangaroo and alligator before on separate occasions. Used to love whelks as a kid until I found they were sea snails. A random guy used to walk through the streets selling them along with mussels and candy apples.

I've only ever had haggis once, and while I thought it was delicious (kinda like a peppery minced beef), I just can't distance the taste from the ingredients. Weird considering I'll merrily eat mechanically separated meat products, but there we go! (sorry for the very late reply to your comment, I just looked at this thread!)

This thread has made me realise that I need to try more unusual food. The weirdest thing I've eaten so far is durian candy, which was predictably vile, but I was still the only person in the room who could keep it down.

Cloaca Rimjob

Cum burp
kiwifarms.net
(sorry for the very late reply to your comment, I just looked at this thread!)
No worries man

The weirdest thing I've eaten so far is durian candy, which was predictably vile, but I was still the only person in the room who could keep it down.
I've tasted durian candy too! Not tasted the fruit but don't think I'd enjoy if it's anything like the sweets.

AnOminous

Only the kindest and friendliest of all Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah the betel leaves, that's the weird taste,mixed with mint.
I once had a tin of some stuff that was ground betel nuts flavored with some kind of lime pickle and mint, and was also a breath freshener of sorts. I've never seen it since. It was somehow denatured so it didn't turn your mouth bright red but was still a pretty intense stimulant, at least by coffee standards.

Precocious Halfwit

I am your man Christmas parsnet
kiwifarms.net
No worries man

I've tasted durian candy too! Not tasted the fruit but don't think I'd enjoy if it's anything like the sweets.
A friend of mine lives in a country where durian is popular and he swears that if you can get past the smell, it actually tastes really good. My local Asian supermarket tried stocking it very briefly and got evacuated because someone mistook the smell for a gas leak! They still sell the candies, canned fruit and a long green creation called 'durian cake', and the lady behind the counter strongly recommended the durian mochi (because I was buying mochi at the time and we got into a chat about our favourite varieties). I wasn't sold that day but I do keep thinking about it!

Edit so as not to double-post - going back over this thread, I didn't think a lot of the food I've eaten was especially 'weird' but they've cropped up in here already so I'll add them anyway and recommend them all: kangaroo, ostrich, zebra, and takoyaki. I also had chicken sashimi at a restaurant in Tokyo and was surprised at 1. how good it was and 2. how it didn't make us violently ill.

Last edited:

A Gay Retard

Space Force Veteran
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Field mice and live larvae out in the bush. We at least still had salt with us. I found laulau to be harder to get down.

Screamer

kiwifarms.net
Usual stuff.
Crickets, sea urchin, crocodile, kangaroo, bison, wallaby, emu, ostrich, zebra, various different antelopes, alpaca, llama, guinea pig, various game hens, zebu, bulls testicle, witchetty grub, sting ray.

Probably a lot of other things people would find weird.