Well Written LGBT+ Characters - Who is/what makes a well written homosexual?

Coach Kreeton Of All That

Can I get you some autists?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Shiro from Voltron Legendary Defender.
Best way to piss off the Voltron fandom because he got married to someone not from his team. Just remind the rabid foaming SJWs that and they'll piss themselves mad.

• Agree
Reactions: TungstenCarbide

TungstenCarbide

kiwifarms.net
Cinzia Otherside from the Italian comic book Rat-Man. Probably the only transwhatever I tolerate.
Cinzia is a transwoman who is in love with the main character, the inept superhero Rat-Man. She was created as a comic relief (the author thought it would be funny if Rat-man, who was constantly trying to find a woman to love, would be hit on by a trans character), but she quickly became one of the most beloved characters of the story.
Cinzia is male and she owns it. She uses men toilets and always act confused when other characters mention women as to include her

Secondly, she's one of the few smart characters of the story. She has a very cutting, sarcastic sense of humor

Thirdly, she's scary, and the one of three characters that can make Rat-man behave with common sense (the other two are Rat-man's wife and daughter.

Fourth, she takes no disrespect.
View attachment cinzia6.png
She's honest. When police captain Brakko, one of Rat-man's friends, takes interest in her, she tells him she's transsexual because she doesn't want to deceive him. Sadly, Brakko's I.Q. is too low to even understand what she's saying.

At the end of the story they'll marry eachother, with Brakko never suspecting that Cinzia is trans even though she'll try several times to make him understand. He's in for a BIG surprise on their wedding night, because...

She also has cute/amusing scenes with her best friend Tamara, another trans character.

The character had so much success that, after Rat-Man ending, the author drew a 240 pages spinoff about her, but I've heard that it was too PC (and even talked about how cruel lesbians exclude poor transwomen from their dating pool), so I ignored it.

V

VA 540

kiwifarms.net
Deadass, Taako and Lup from The Adventure Zone.

Taako gets fully developed as a character long before his sexuality even exists, and Lup is introduced as trans in her intro and it’s mentioned only one time ever, then it’s completely irrelevant the rest of the show. Her pronouns are never questioned, no one brings it up again. She’s a person long before she’s trans.

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
lol what? What about it would have been a problem?
I would guess they'd find Gus and Wally a homophobic stereotype. Or act like Posey and their activist female neighbor (can't recall her name) are offensive liberal caricatures, or they'd say the show was fat shaming Toby ect... Never underestimate an SJWs ability to be offended over anything.

That said, Mission Hill kicked ass and I'd love to see a revival.

Truthspeaker

Walking that line between victim and ex-lover
kiwifarms.net
He slipped under the radar because you have to play an extremely long game twice, and deliberately know what you're doing the whole way to see this side of him. But Tales of Symphonia came out in the mid '00s for the Gamecube, and Zelos Wilder was a gay romance option:

Like many Tales games, Tales of Symphonia's plot is something of a disaster. But the game rises above it due to the strong characters, and their chemistry with each other. Symphonia is also the only game in the series to offer multiple romance options for the main character.

You can solidify it with a scene at a winter town towards the end of the game. Not all of the options are romantic. At least one of them definitely isn't. But Zelos' is not only the most romantic of the options with the male party members, it was given the top-three most development of any of the scenes at the winter town.

Zelos doesn't like to trust people. He's constantly dogging on women, but he refuses on principle to form meaningful relationships with anybody after his mother's assassination. This leads him to act as a mole on the party, but the adventure, in most of the games paths, ends up changing his view of the world quite substantiay.

The extensive gayness of his gay option has been catalogued by people far nerdier than me, which is no small feat. It's not an obvious gag like taking Barrett to the Gold Saucer. It's an actual relationship that adds gravity to the story.

I wish Tales got even half as much attention as Final Fantasy. Even the parts of Tales that don't hold up are stronger than most of Square's efforts.

Last edited:

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 778974
Commissar Yarrick from Warhammer 40k is by far, the baddest dude on the planet of Armageddon and debately immortal thanks to killing so many orks that they worship him as their god of death. He heard orkish rumours that he could kill someone just by looking at him and his first response was to replace one of his eyes with a laser eye to do just that, while it doesn't inflict fatal damage on a human it stone cold kills an ork because the ork believes without a shred of doubt that it will. The man is old even by 40k standards and shows no sign of slowing down, having outlived countless Space Marines and he even has his own personal Baneblade class Super Heavy Tank called the Fortress of Arrogance.
View attachment 778985
The man was in a sexual relationship with an older officer during his younger years who was killed by ork pirates. This is brought up exactly once and no attention is drawn towards it.
The Ciaphas Cain series has Grifen and Magot, two Imperial Guardswomen who are a blatant couple, and everyone (Cain included) rolls with it, they kick ass and being a couple doesn't hurt that, so they don't get any shit for it.

Amusingly enough, Cain gets accused of having sexual designs on Magot at one point by a bitchy rival, and Cain finds this hilarious because (A) she's obviously not into men and his rival is a dumbass for not noticing the obvious and (B) Magot would have put a bolter to his ballsack if he tried anything even if he is a Commissar and he knows it.

Nekromantik2

Putting the fun in funeral.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Achilles from The Iliad was in a relationship with Patroclus and was still a badass.

Also, in a weird way Sasha Vykos from Vampire: The Masquerade was both an excellent and creepy villain and a prediction of the insane Millennial Tumblr troon/genderspecial type...

In the lore of the game, Vykos was originally a Slavic knight named Myca Vykos and was a man. He was embraced by the Tzimisce, a clan of sadomasochistic and inhumane Slavic vampires (think Dracula mixed with Hellraiser or Necroscope) with the ability to warp flesh and bone to their whims and used that ability to make himself into a woman, Sasha Vykos.

Vykos became a high-ranking member of the Sabbat (an ultra-violent terrorist sect of vampires who reject their former humanity) and was known for their sadism and utter amorality.

Eventually, Vykos went from a woman to a genderless freak and one of the more memorable villains in the metaplot of the game.

Oddly enough, one of the earliest examples of a "non-binary" character in recent pop culture was also an amoral sadistic creep belonging to a cult of angry hive-minded fanatics, which is weirdly fitting when you consider things like Tumblr and the Rat King lolcows.
Poor Sasha is seen as problematic now, because it was written evil. I still love it as a character though.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Lots of characters have already been mentioned ... But I'll mention these two couples:

Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune are THE fan favorite couple of Sailor Moon ... And that's because they're among the best characters of the entire series. They have personalities, character arcs, and motives outside of their relationship that can be used to describe them. Sailor Moon is celebrating its 25th anniversary, and these two characters are still better written characters than the majority of the gay characters you see appearing in media today. I had to mention them because they were probably the first gay couple I had ever seen in media as a kid?

Utena Tenjou and Anthy Himemiya are incredible characters. Granted, most of the characters in Revolutionary Girl Utena are pretty damn gay, but the two main characters are the standouts. Both characters are incredibly complex, I would say. I really can't say too much without spoiling the entire series, so I'll just leave it at that.

And while I do love the Utena movie for its mind trippy-ness, Utena and Anthy aren't much more than "We're leeeeessssssbiiiiiiaaaaaannnnns," if you ask me. The tv series is where it's at.

Last edited:

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
Lots of characters have already been mentioned ... But I'll mention these two couples:

Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune are THE fan favorite couple of Sailor Moon ... And that's because they're among the best characters of the entire series. They have personalities, character arcs, and motives outside of their relationship that can be used to describe them. Sailor Moon is celebrating its 25th anniversary, and these two characters are still better written characters than the majority of the gay characters you see appearing in media today. I had to mention them because they were probably the first gay couple I had ever seen in media as a kid?

Utena Tenjou and Anthy Himemiya are incredible characters. Granted, most of the characters in Revolutionary Girl Utena are pretty damn gay, but the two main characters are the standouts. Both characters are incredibly complex, I would say. I really can't say too much without spoiling the entire series, so I'll just leave it at that.

And while I do love the Utena movie for its mind trippy-ness, Utena and Anthy aren't much more than "We're leeeeessssssbiiiiiiaaaaaannnnns," if you ask me. The tv series is where it's at.
I don't get why people think Utena is good and I especially don't get how anyone can say any character in that show was well written.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I wish Tales got even half as much attention as Final Fantasy. Even the parts of Tales that don't hold up are stronger than most of Square's efforts.
I think Tales is at pretty much the optimal level of popularity. If it got as popular as Final Fantasy, Bandai-Namco might start nickel-and-dimeing fans for all its worth with microtransactions*, "games as a service" subscriptions (where you lose access to content you paid for once you stop paying), and, of course, remakes of games that were originally one game now split into three parts, each sold at full price.

Plus, bringing it back to the topic of the thread, Tales can have gay characters without much fuss or controversy because the games generally fly under the radar in North America compared to Final Fantasy.

* Yeah, I know Tales of Berseria had costume-based paid DLC but that was optional and didn't affect the main single player campaign.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino