kiwifarms.net
[youtube]QWWsWP9bPAg[/youtube]

[youtube]FOcuEbUPyGU[/youtube]

[youtube]BFjuPbCShBw[/youtube]

[youtube]tnCk0uGwFZI[/youtube]

Picklepower

This isnt even my final form
kiwifarms.net
Yeah I LOVE Wesley Willis! I love outsider musicians like him, Jan Terri, Kids of Widney High etc.

Dormiebasne

Don't let the Company give you shit
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That man was a bona fide legend. It's really amazing how he used his art to overcome his psychological demons (and those demons were huge; watch a documentary about his life sometime). The way that a lot of people close to him tried to take advantage of him and his notoriety was just despicable, though.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Re: Wesley Willis

When I was in college, Wesley Willis played a show pretty close by, but I didn't go. It seemed - and the school paper's half-mocking interview only confirmed my impression - that the whole WW phenomenon was about 75% "laughing at" and 25% "laughing with".
My favorite song of his is definitely "They Threw Me Out Of Church" :o

I recommend the documentary "Wesley Willis' Joy Rides" for seeing a reasonably full picture of his life and the people in it. It's a story with a lot of bohemians in it for the lulz and bored college students, but also a few people who genuinely saw a troubled soul and artist in him.

WWWWolf

Has a camera, will kick butt
kiwifarms.net
Wesley Willis: 0% lolcow. 100% bloody awesome.

The guy had problems but could still manage to produce intriguing output. All okay by me.

Some JERK

I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'
kiwifarms.net
WW was never a lolcow, he was just rad in a way that nobody was prepared to handle.

Pikonic

Now catchable in Pokémon GO
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People and groups you don't like aren't automatically lolcows. The criteria for a Lolcow is someone on the Internet, who is extremely weird, and their reaction to this attention is funny.

Last I check WW doesn't react to trolls, since he's dead. And he isn't on the Internet.

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Wesley Willis was a legend and probably the last good musician to ever exist. He is an inspiration to us all and a hero. Shame on OP for trying to convince us he was in any way a lolcow.

Picklepower

This isnt even my final form
kiwifarms.net
When I first got into him I was in Highschool, and after school I would have like 3 hours where I would use the workout room/ hang with people, read etc before I got picked up, and I would listen to alot of music and podcasts, and once for like an hour, I listened to the whole Cd of his Greatest hits (I think Vol 2).

Two must see documentaries are, The Daddy of Rock and Roll, where you get to see his daily life, and Joy Rides. Getting into him also got me into other odd bands like The Shaggs, Jan Terri and Kids of Widney high.

Duke Nukem

Leader of the Anti-Chad Extermination Squad
kiwifarms.net
He's certainly out there, but a LOLcow?

This thread probably doesn't belong here, but I'm enjoying the music anyway.

impossibility

Glade Plug Ins
kiwifarms.net
Far too many people (including myself) enjoy Wesley Willis' work for him to be a 'lol-cow.' Stuff like 'Suck my Dog's Dick' is so effectively cathartic, and 'They Threw Me Out of Church' is a delightful little yarn about Bann happening.

His was the first celebrity death that actually affected me. I regret never meeting Wesley Willis.

Picklepower said:
Two must see documentaries are, The Daddy of Rock and Roll, where you get to see his daily life, and Joy Rides. Getting into him also got me into other odd bands like The Shaggs, Jan Terri and Kids of Widney high.
Speaking of 'outsider music', what do you think of Viper? 'You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack' is my song of the year, all years.

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Locking, due to this not being a lolcow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None