Wendy Carter, Gordon Cole and Gobbogobb's summer vacation adventure(ban) - Or how I pissed off Null and got yeeted

Rand /pol/

RIP Corrugated Daffodils, Teri-Teri, & Cinderblock
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
wait hold on, back the fuck up.

Why would he get banned for this? This isn't a permanent ban, is it? That seems a bit harsh.

Why would posting that get you banned?
do not question nool

Gus

Interlocutor
kiwifarms.net
I've run my own (small) forums/chats in the past and I can empathize to a minor extent with what Null has done.

When the joy in running something is gone, and you're stuck with responsibilities you don't want but feel obligated by something beyond yourself to let it suck out your soul, you essentially begin to feel morally imprisoned. The things you want to do are accosted because you feel compelled to feed a parasite that eats up all the time and energy the rest of your life needs. To numb yourself to this, you lose all tolerance for personal annoyances. That frigid disposition along with the fact that there are so many people here, I think, belittles the value of most individual members and eliminates any priority that their overall presence has, as opposed to what annoyances you bring into Null's papier-mâché throne room of misery.

Champ was right.

thegooddoctor

kiwifarms.net
Aw Fuck I’m honestly getting fucking sick of this at this point, Too many ppl on the farms are getting purged now or are inactive for idk :\and it’s often or BS reasons like shitposting or being too autistic on chat, which Is always BS because Chat is Gay anyway 😑 This Site really needs to ease up in the requirements for getting banned or otherwise who knows what other Top Users will get the ban? 🔨:'(:heart-empty:

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
I've run my own (small) forums/chats in the past and I can empathize to a minor extent with what Null has done.

When the joy in running something is gone, and you're stuck with responsibilities you don't want but feel obligated by something beyond yourself to let it suck out your soul, you essentially begin to feel morally imprisoned. The things you want to do are accosted because you feel compelled to feed a parasite that eats up all the time and energy the rest of your life needs. To numb yourself to this, you lose all tolerance for personal annoyances. That frigid disposition along with the fact that there are so many people here, I think, belittles the value of most individual members and eliminates any priority that their overall presence has, as opposed to what annoyances you bring into Null's papier-mâché throne room of misery.
You know what's a few quick simple solutions to that?
  • Condense/Expand/Rearrange the forum to where things are more organized and less cluttered. Makes it easier to maintain it
  • Hand over the keys to the castle to someone else who get's a joy out of doing what you used to do.
What you DON'T do is spread your misery around to everyone else like a plague. The last thing you want is a bad reputation because you decided to choose a shitty hill to die on, especially when you're a respected figurehead. Part of the reason why people flocked to here is because it's one of the few last bastions of free speech. You can talk about whatever the fuck you want and everyone makes fun of each other and nobody gives a shit. Once you start to neuter it, the spirit starts to turn into the very thing we've been mocking for years (I.E. a "hugbox" safe space where you get banned for MINOR offenses because a mod didn't like what you had to say).

Gus

Interlocutor
kiwifarms.net
You know what's a few quick simple solutions to that?
  • Condense/Expand/Rearrange the forum to where things are more organized and less cluttered. Makes it easier to maintain it
  • Hand over the keys to the castle to someone else who get's a joy out of doing what you used to do.
What you DON'T do is spread your misery around to everyone else like a plague. The last thing you want is a bad reputation because you decided to choose a shitty hill to die on, especially when you're a respected figurehead. Part of the reason why people flocked to here is because it's one of the few last bastions of free speech. You can talk about whatever the fuck you want and everyone makes fun of each other and nobody gives a shit. Once you start to neuter it, the spirit starts to turn into the very thing we've been mocking for years (I.E. a "hugbox" safe space where you get banned for MINOR offenses because a mod didn't like what you had to say).
I should make it clear that I offered no defense, but an analysis based on personal experience in an attempt to understand a perspective. I take no issue here.

Iwasamwillbe

Eternal Wrestlemania Champion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a feeling that when Null officially comes back on July 1st, there will be some outright purges of users that have historically annoyed Null or (at least in his estimation) go out of their way to antagonize him.

Don't post on chat for a long while, lest you fuck up and make Null mad.

Last edited:

No Exit

Bronze Medal Racist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>be leaf
>make stupid post

They can't keep getting away with it.
Can't help it, I'm just too adorable.
I have a feeling that when Null officially comes back on July 1st, there will be some outright purges of users that have historically annoyed Null or (at least in his estimation) go out of their way to antagonize him.

Don't post on chat for a long while, lest you fuck up and make Null mad.
As bad as it would be for the forum I'd love to see it. KF going out with a bang instead of a whimper would be a lot funnier.

Also I can't understand why Null would play around with the idea of voice chat when standard chat manages to piss him off so much.

Tags
None