We're Much, Much Funnier Than We Used to Be - I mean, just look at all them woke Netflix comedy specials

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This right here is why you're seeing a massive divide between pop culture hacks and regular Joes when it comes to comedy. Dave Chappelle's recent standup is getting lambasted by stupid critics who get asshurt at anything unwoke, but the general audience love it because Chappelle's one of the only comedians who hasn't been thoroughly castrated by the current state of comedy.
Also Norm MacDonald.

God of Nothing

kiwifarms.net
SHUT UP NAZI WYMYN ARE FUNNY
After every generic ass female comic special I've noped out of after one or two jokes, I really doubt that. They're afraid of offending anyone they deem special all the while throwing passive-aggressive jabs at guys. Not to mention, the "Oh, we have it so hard, ladies," line that gets passed around every so often. If I didn't know any better, I'd say women just don't have a real sense of humor outside of their vaginas and "problems."

Freddy Freaker

Poz my freak hole daddy
kiwifarms.net
After every generic ass female comic special I've noped out of after one or two jokes, I really doubt that. They're afraid of offending anyone they deem special all the while throwing passive-aggressive jabs at guys. Not to mention, the "Oh, we have it so hard, ladies," line that gets passed around every so often. If I didn't know any better, I'd say women just don't have a real sense of humor outside of their vaginas and "problems."
"So like, this morning I woke up and I remembered......I have.....a vagina!"

*laugh track*

"I went to get up and then...........I queefed"

*laugh track*

"It was totally my boyfriends fault. He fucks me hard because he has to live up to the toxic standards of masculinity that oppress us all, CAN I GET AN A-WO-MEN?!"

*furious jazz hands*

frozenrunner

Infinitely worse 2022 confirmed
kiwifarms.net
They are getting to where they don't even really tell jokes. They just say things in a silly voice and expect us to laugh.

Laughter for hyper-leftists isn't even about humor, it's about the relief of tension. (Tension they themselves create by being such uptight, authoritarian cunts with weird, extreme, exclusionary, cultish beliefs.) "OMG, I am right! And lots of people do agree with me! And we are wonderful and righteous, and the enemy is evil! Soooooo evil! And being woke is important! I'm not out of touch, it's the children who are wrong! Hahaha this is such wonderful self-care!" (See: the nadir of The Daily Show, almost all of The Colbert Report, and almost all "woke" "comedy.")

The comparison between SJWs/wokefags with 90s fundies has been made many times, and it's 100% accurate. Remember how insufferable Evangelicals were in the 90s? (I mean they still are, but they used to be more numerous and so much worse.) I knew many of them growing up. It wasn't enough to have the beliefs they held. They had to listen only to Christian music, watch only "Christ-centered" shows, read only Christianity-themed books (and why read anything but the Bible, really?), and so on.

And why? They said it was their way of "witnessing," that they were concerned about their immortal souls. But what they were really doing was exactly what social justice faggots are doing these days: virtue signaling to each other (and competing for the title of Most Virtuous), trying to spread and normalize (through brute force) cultish talking points that sane people (other Christians!) were repulsed by, and in-group signaling to one another in a way that reinforced their "us, the marginalized, versus the dangerous oppressors Legion" hallucinations. They created this tension that the world was a sinful, evil place out to ensnare them, and they released that tension by consuming "Christian" crap and joining in with a "supportive" community of neurotic, insular cunts who endlessly tried to out-virtue each other... until they inevitably burned out on it.

Hell, a lot of them didn't consume this "Christian" product because they liked it (because most of it fucking sucked and they knew it, too), they did it because they thought they were supposed to like it and needed to let everyone else (including God) know how much they liked it. Or else they might be seen as false witnesses.

SJWs are exactly the same way. Exactly. And you may not be surprised to discover how many people who used to be fundamentalist nutjobs are now "woke" scolds. Shocking. It's almost as if their personalities are fundamentally fucked up or something.

All I'm going to say is there are good reasons people say "women aren't funny." (And not because that's literally true, but for a variety of other reasons relating to women and humor.)

Last edited:

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Muppets’ “At The Dance” routine was a first season bit that was dropped because it wasn’t funny and audiences didn’t like it. It’s a really bad example to use to illustrate the point, because it was considered unfunny back then.
Blazing Saddles is the best american comedy put to film, followed only very closely by North by Northwest.

Fight me, hipster.
Blazing Saddles was not only hilarious, but more subversive than a hundred Netflix specials, because it goes straight for the jugular with its jokes about racism. There’s nothing self-congratulatory or preachy about it. It’s straight-up about forcing the audience to confront racism as it exists, not as this thing other people do.

I guess this is my biggest problem with so much modern American “comedy.” It’s so self-fellating. Middle-class Californian entertainment industry wank. There’s this feel of “But of course, we are better.” While Weinstein rapes actresses and Disney executives debate whether it’s commercially viable to have a black lead in the latest Marvel release and everyone pretends none of that happens because we are sooooo woke.

Also they aren’t funny.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My main level of expertise with comedy is comedy movies and I know that's been practically a dead genre for a solid decade now.

The last one I've seen that made me laugh was Hot Tub Time Machine and the last ones I've seen I'd consider classics are Tropic Thunder and Step Brothers and those movies are either close to or over a decade ago.

Laughter for hyper-leftists isn't even about humor, it's about the relief of tension. (Tension they themselves create by being such uptight, authoritarian cunts with weird, extreme, exclusionary, cultish beliefs.) "OMG, I am right! And lots of people do agree with me! And we are wonderful and righteous, and the enemy is evil! Soooooo evil! And being woke is important! I'm not out of touch, it's the children who are wrong! Hahaha this is such wonderful self-care!" (See: the nadir of The Daily Show, almost all of The Colbert Report, and almost all "woke" "comedy.")

The comparison between SJWs/wokefags with 90s fundies has been made many times, and it's 100% accurate. Remember how insufferable Evangelicals were in the 90s? (I mean they still are, but they used to be more numerous and so much worse.) I knew many of them growing up. It wasn't enough to have the beliefs they held. They had to listen only to Christian music, watch only "Christ-centered" shows, read only Christianity-themed books (and why read anything but the Bible, really?), and so on.

And why? They said it was their way of "witnessing," that they were concerned about their immortal souls. But what they were really doing was exactly what social justice faggots are doing these days: virtue signaling to each other (and competing for the title of Most Virtuous), trying to spread and normalize (through brute force) cultish talking points that sane people (other Christians!) were repulsed by, and in-group signaling to one another in a way that reinforced their "us, the marginalized, versus the dangerous oppressors Legion" hallucinations. They created this tension that the world was a sinful, evil place out to ensnare them, and they released that tension by consuming "Christian" crap and joining in with a "supportive" community of neurotic, insular cunts who endlessly tried to out-virtue each other... until they inevitably burned out on it.

Hell, a lot of them didn't consume this "Christian" product because they liked it (because most of it fucking sucked and they knew it, too), they did it because they thought they were supposed to like it and needed to let everyone else (including God) know how much they liked it. Or else they might be seen as false witnesses.

SJWs are exactly the same way. Exactly. And you may not be surprised to discover how many people who used to be fundamentalist nutjobs are now "woke" scolds. Shocking. It's almost as if their personalities are fundamentally fucked up or something.

All I'm going to say is there are good reasons people say "women aren't funny." (And not because that's literally true, but for a variety of other reasons relating to women and humor.)

At the end of the day we're talking about a certain personality type, it's really not about Christianity or left wing politics or anything specific.

It's people who are fundamentally simple minded with a lack of curiosity and can't handle living in a complicated, diverse world so they want to immerse themselves in a mono culture because that's easier.

I myself have always been a curious person and fascinated by the unfamiliar and the new, I'm not afraid of it.

The Muppets’ “At The Dance” routine was a first season bit that was dropped because it wasn’t funny and audiences didn’t like it. It’s a really bad example to use to illustrate the point, because it was considered unfunny back then.

Blazing Saddles was not only hilarious, but more subversive than a hundred Netflix specials, because it goes straight for the jugular with its jokes about racism. There’s nothing self-congratulatory or preachy about it. It’s straight-up about forcing the audience to confront racism as it exists, not as this thing other people do.

I guess this is my biggest problem with so much modern American “comedy.” It’s so self-fellating. Middle-class Californian entertainment industry wank. There’s this feel of “But of course, we are better.” While Weinstein rapes actresses and Disney executives debate whether it’s commercially viable to have a black lead in the latest Marvel release and everyone pretends none of that happens because we are sooooo woke.

Also they aren’t funny.

I met the filmmaker Lucky McKee at a convention once and he told me that many of those in Hollywood are hypocritical and behind closed doors just as racist and sexist as those they point fingers at.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net

Hit the nail on the head. The only difference between Religious right fundies and PC lefty SJWs is that the SJWs tend to get their way. The Religious right, especially in the 90s, were loud and annoying...but most of society didn't listen to them. If they hated something, that thing tended to become popular. I was around when Mortal Kombat first came out and they opposed it, and it became one of the defining games of its generation. Married With Children and The Simpsons were both hated by them, and they became the lifeblood of the Fox network. They said Harry Potter was the work of the devil and held bonfires, and it has gone on to become the biggest book series ever and one of the highest grossing films series ever.

My point being they were loud and obnoxious and I wanted to throw pies in their faces to shut them up, but we all knew not to cave to their bullshit. Entertainment today not only caves to the SJWs, they seem to be the fucking gate keepers to where we basically have to abandon arts and entertainment to avoid their bullshit, or at the very least, dig through a mountain of crap to find something to enjoy.

Also they aren’t funny.

Thank you! The "At the Dance" bit was something they tried out early on that didn't work and was hardly a staple of the show. Now if you want to look at The Muppet Show at its finest, I'll take any of the Swedish Chef bits, the entire John Cleese episode, Statler and Waldorf's heckling of Milton Berle, and "Good grief, the comedian's a bear!" over literally anything these shits think is funny.

And Hollywood trying to stand on any kind of moral high ground over the rest of us when their entire industry has been exposed time and time again as a cesspool is aggravating.

2019 is objectively less funny than 1979. We have Amy Schumer now instead of Gilda Radner.

That sentence legitimately made me sad. I LOVED Gilda Radner as a kid. I first discovered her because of my parents and she was just so charming, loveable, and funny. When I heard she had died, I was legitimately saddened by it.

Amy Schumer is an embarrassment to her profession in just about every way. She's rarely funny, she steals jokes, and she made herself a poster child for that PC circle jerk that is destroying entertainment.

Hux

kiwifarms.net
Comedy is flourishing, so long as it’s nourishing. Uplift is in, putdowns are out

see that's the problem, everything has to be nice and kind and nothing mean or offensive can ever be joked about. all that's left is just the most boring generic joke with the weakest punchlines
In other words, all they want are essentially puns and dad jokes. If they want a comedian that only dealt with those, they should check out Bill Cosby, see what the fuck he's been up to recently

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
ban woman and soyboys from the internet! the muppets are funny as hell and you need to have a crayon in your brain to not understand that

Xerxes IX

New cat, who this?
kiwifarms.net
In other words, all they want are essentially puns and dad jokes. If they want a comedian that only dealt with those, they should check out Bill Cosby, see what the fuck he's been up to recently
I dunno, I think him actually being a sexual predator makes him more suitable for them, not less.

The Pink Panther

The Nigga Panther
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's only ever been one good woman comedian, and Joan Rivers is dead.

She's average at best.

So, no. There are no good women stand-up comedians, at least for me. They lack the angst and opinionated feel that a male comedian has. Men are generally more opinionated and reflective than women are.