Western Animation -

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
No surprise that the latest animated comedy abomination I've seen advertisements all over for looks like total garbage.

This looks like something you'd see on Newgrounds back in 2007 or so. New "animated" series have character designs that either look like this crap, something out of mobile game adverts on facebook, or Snapchat emojis.
I get them trying to go more "realistic", but this is just wrong. I've seen both episodes and I still can't get used to these designs.

To think that it's produced by the same people as Motorcity.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
No surprise that the latest animated comedy abomination I've seen advertisements all over for looks like total garbage.

This looks like something you'd see on Newgrounds back in 2007 or so. New "animated" series have character designs that either look like this crap, something out of mobile game adverts on facebook, or Snapchat emojis.
Just another middle finger to a medium I otherwise still love that will be canned eventually, as deserved. If it's not the designs being trashy, the writing and characters in it don't do anything for me to want to watch, either. Simple enough as that.

glumCunt

kiwifarms.net
Since we've already mentioned Zagreb Film, here are my favorites:

Masque of the red death (1969)

Fisheye (1980)

The Man Who Had To Sing (1972)

The Avenger (1958)

Vau Vau (1964)

Tup Tup

La peau de chagrin (1960)

Last edited:

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
Since we've already mentioned Zagreb Film, here are my favorites:

Masque of the red death (1969)

Fisheye (1980)

The Man Who Had To Sing (1972)

The Avenger (1958)

Vau Vau (1964)

Tup Tup

La peau de chagrin (1960)

Was The Elmchanted Forest a Zagreb Film production? I know it was Croatian, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.

glumCunt

kiwifarms.net
No, that was made by a different studio, though the director is the same as in The Man Who Had To Sing above. (Milan Blazekovic i think)

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
No, that was made by a different studio, though the director is the same as in The Man Who Had To Sing above. (Milan Blazekovic i think)
I thought so - it was Croatia Film. Was that the state-owned company when it was still Yugoslavia? Zagreb Film wasn't state-owned, right?

glumCunt

kiwifarms.net
dunno, many, many things are state-owned in a communist country. I'm not sure either way, since I'm not so well acquainted, but I would guess both were during that period.

This is the most recent notable short ZF made:

Choban (2013)

Last edited:

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought so - it was Croatia Film. Was that the state-owned company when it was still Yugoslavia? Zagreb Film wasn't state-owned, right?
Yugoslavia was one of those rare cases where employees could run their own industries as well, I believe Zagreb Film was an employee-owned entity.

Interesting to see a mention of Milan Blazekovic. I find his work kinda interesting how he went from those shorts to these feature films that all have this Preston Blair-ish look to the characters. I just kinda dig that look! He must've loved drawing this way as it's quite infectious.

This was his third and last feature...

Reactions: glumCunt

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
Yugoslavia was one of those rare cases where employees could run their own industries as well, I believe Zagreb Film was an employee-owned entity.

Interesting to see a mention of Milan Blazekovic. I find his work kinda interesting how he went from those shorts to these feature films that all have this Preston Blair-ish look to the characters. I just kinda dig that look! He must've loved drawing this way as it's quite infectious.

This was his third and last feature...
I have this on VHS, and there's some stuff in this that isn't on my tape - one whole musical number has been cut out! (The romantic ballad between the two leads.)

The best part of the film is the villain, but it's a shame that his song is only a minute long. It could have been great if it was longer.

• Informative
Reactions: Trilby

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have this on VHS, and there's some stuff in this that isn't on my tape - one whole musical number has been cut out! (The romantic ballad between the two leads.)

The best part of the film is the villain, but it's a shame that his song is only a minute long. It could have been great if it was longer.
Didn't know they cut a lot out of it. Reminded I spotted this short little thing involving the characters from the movie though it seems to be made as a safety PSA in a modern setting...

Blazekovic's second feature was a follow-up to The Elmchanted Forest called "The Magician's Hat", though sadly an English dub was never released but was said to have been planned before an Amercian distributor turned it down for questionable moments.

PopRocks

WANNA BEEE done with this bs
kiwifarms.net
Found this while browsing. It's ten one minute long shorts that air in between shows in CN Mexico. It reminds me a lot of Yin Yang Yo. For those of you who didn't want to watch, it's basically furry weeb shit.

• Informative
Reactions: Shokew

left arm

absolutely despise people tonight learn how to act
kiwifarms.net
Short rant aside I thought it looks okay from what little I saw but, I am keeping my expectations low.
I actually saw this picture a few days ago that's apparently the entire pilot plot.
leak.png
If it's accurate, then I'll laugh but I guess let that roughly set your expectations for you.

• Informative
Reactions: Agent Wet

Racist Trash

Fucking Lidl doesn't have any Custard Creams.
kiwifarms.net
Found this while browsing. It's ten one minute long shorts that air in between shows in CN Mexico. It reminds me a lot of Yin Yang Yo. For those of you who didn't want to watch, it's basically furry weeb shit.

Did a search and the most common thing was this game from 2018 https://store.steampowered.com/app/809870/Ninjin_Clash_of_Carrots/ never even seen it before.

Also I watched the second half of young justice season 3 and I hate the fucking writers.

Seriously just using Lex as your version of trump even down to trump quotes and using his speech patterns? And I get it that halo has her Hijab from the first part and I assume she kept it because she still feels attached to Gabrielle (also how often are Muslim girls from a Muslim country called Gabrielle writers?) who's body she now inhabits and after finding out what she did you would have thought she would have separated herself as much as possible by removing it and having that be part of the character development hell even have her accepting what Gabrielle did and putting it back on or some shit.

BUT THEN YOU GO AND MAKE HER NON-BINARY FOR THOSE GOOD THOUGHTS POINTS DESPITE EVERYONE CALLING HER "HER AND SHE" THROUGHOUT THE SERIES AND THE FACT SHE IS IN A FEMALE BODY AND SHE IS A MOTHERBOX MEANING MAKING HER NON-BINARY WAS BLATANTLY TO SCORE POLITICAL POINTS SO FUCK YOU.

Oh well that's another thing ruined by people too busy pushing an agenda to actually do their jobs, oh yeah and the Darkseid arc still isn't finished instead we just got a season of Granny Goodness instead because fuck you if you want progression.

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
Tags
cartoons

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino