Western Animation -

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Leave Dr. Seuss alone you evil fucks.
That's how I feel, and it's been this way for way too long.

He’s been spinning in his grave since 2000 at the latest. Evidently his estate sees no reason to stop it.
You can thank his widow for that.

Well they spent $5 million an episode, it better have good animation.
Damn, wonder what Asian studio is stuck churning this one out?

Fuck.

5 times more than the average Family Guy episode. Jeez.
I know, at least someone decided this was worth spending more for.

• Agree
Reactions: Shokew

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if anyone knows this, but the trailer for that Green Eggs and Ham Netflix series just dropped.
Guy-Am-I, an inventor and his friend Sam-I-Am go on a cross-country trip to save an endangered animal that would test the limits of their friendship. As they learn to try new things, they find out what adventure brings.
I can't believe we're at a point where you can actually reasonably say that the Mike Myers' Cat in the Hat movie stuck closer to the original book than whatever the hell this show is doing is, and have that be a completely true statement.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
Guy-Am-I, an inventor and his friend Sam-I-Am go on a cross-country trip to save an endangered animal that would test the limits of their friendship. As they learn to try new things, they find out what adventure brings.
I can't believe we're at a point where you can actually reasonably say that the Mike Myers' Cat in the Hat movie stuck closer to the original book than whatever the hell this show is doing is, and have that be a completely true statement.
Yeah... NO THANKS. It's clear whomever made this NEVER read this book, let alone ANY book, from the look and feel of things here. Hard pass from me.

Take care from here, Netflix... You're gonna need all the kick you can get, going forward.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm only surprise the other guy has a name at all, but I guess they needed something to call him besides giving him an ACTUAL profession. Plot's pretty weak as they come.

Sad we got to his point.

Yeah... NO THANKS. It's clear whomever made this NEVER read this book, let alone ANY book, from the look and feel of things here. Hard pass from me.

Take care from here, Netflix... You're gonna need all the kick you can get, going forward.
And again, the message of Ted Geisel is lost in the void that is these projects.

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
As bad as it was, Cat in the Hat was still whimsical as well. Hell, even the Live Action Grinch movie at least tried.

I'm probably going to watch this anyway because morbid curiosity always gets the better of me. But I'm not looking forward to the result.

Damn, wonder what Asian studio is stuck churning this one out?
Beats me, might have actually farmed it out to Canada since it seems like every show is animated either there or some Asian country. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
As bad as it was, Cat in the Hat was still whimsical as well. Hell, even the Live Action Grinch movie at least tried.

I'm probably going to watch this anyway because morbid curiosity always gets the better of me. But I'm not looking forward to the result.

Beats me, might have actually farmed it out to Canada since it seems like every show is animated either there or some Asian country. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
At least Grinch has the one saving grace of Jim Carrey

• Feels
Reactions: Jewelsmakerguy

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
Will the Michael Douglas character, who wasn't named in the book but who seems to be officially known as "Guy Am I", munch on green eggs and ham in the final episode and then find he likes them but then find out later on that green eggs and ham gave him throat cancer?

Clockwork_PurBle

"I got a B+ in lurking!"
kiwifarms.net
Why the heck are they putting the Adventure Time mini-series hoping to ride on nostalgia although it just ended on HBO Max instead of Cartoon Network?

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I'll have you know that Dr. Seuss played an intrinsic role in developing TRANS RIGHTS, and this is why it's perfectly appropriate to have two gay elephants with a trans child in Horton Hears a Who.

Why the heck are they putting the Adventure Time mini-series hoping to ride on nostalgia although it just ended on HBO Max instead of Cartoon Network?
Turner owns both HBO and CN and they want to build up HBO so people will buy the separate HBO streaming service to babysit their kids since they already have Sesame Street.

Also it looks like the animation for Green Eggs and Ham is done by the same studio that's done Curious George. But outside of the two main characters all the environments look too normal, they're not Seussian enough. You also should not be using flat gray or dull colors for anything in Seuss.

Sam Sung

Keep calm and carry on this year.
kiwifarms.net
For anyone curious enough to care:

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/box-office-report/arctic-dogs-bombs-worst-opening-of-all-time-in-2800-theaters-181858.html

‘Arctic Dogs’ Bombs, Worst Opening Of All-Time In 2,800+ Theaters
By AMID AMIDI | 11/03/2019 1:17 pm

This will be a surprise to almost no one, but Arctic Dogs received a frosty reception at the U.S. and Canada box office, opening in tenth place. No film in the history of cinema has ever opened more poorly on 2,800+ screens.
The film earned $2.9 million from 2,844 theaters. The previous worst-performing film in 2,800+ theaters was the Warner Bros. film Father Figures, which opened with $3.2 million in 2017.
Arctic Dogs was produced by Monika Bacardi and Andrea Iervolino’s Ambi Group and distributed by Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios Motion Pictures (ESMP). It marked the first animated feature for both companies. When AMBI announced a distribution deal with ESMP last December, Iervolino said, “ESMP has outlined a masterful marketing and distribution plan that will allow this film to perform very well.”

The budget for Arctic Dogs is unknown. Ambi did not respond to an earlier Cartoon Brew request for comment.
Aaron Woodley, the director of Arctic Dogs, is no stranger to underperforming at the box ofice. The previous film he directed, Spark: A Space Tail, also played poorly with North American audiences, albeit on far fewer screens. The failure is more pronounced this time considering the scale of the release.
It’s not just audiences that ignored the film. Even film critics, who are obligated to review films good and bad, couldn’t be compelled to sit through Arctic Dogs. At the time of this writing, the film has just five reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, which we’d be willing to bet is the least amount of reviews ever published for a film opening on thousands of screens.
A couple other box office notes:
  • MGM/UA’s The Addams Family took fifth place in North America on its fourth weekend, with an estimated $8.2 million. Its creepy thematics held up well over Halloween, dropping just 31% from the previous weekend. The film has grossed a respectable $85 million domestic to date.
  • Makoto Shinkai’s Weathering with You launched in third place in China with a strong showing of $22.6 million. It has grossed around $160 million worldwide to date, and looks set to be one of the top 10 grossing animated release of the year even without a U.S. release. The film will launch in the U.S. through GKIDS next January.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/box-office-report/arctic-dogs-bombs-worst-opening-of-all-time-in-2800-theaters-181858.html

This will be a surprise to almost no one, but Arctic Dogs received a frosty reception at the U.S. and Canada box office, opening in tenth place. No film in the history of cinema has ever opened more poorly on 2,800+ screens.
The film earned $2.9 million from 2,844 theaters. The previous worst-performing film in 2,800+ theaters was the Warner Bros. film Father Figures, which opened with $3.2 million in 2017.
Arctic Dogs was produced by Monika Bacardi and Andrea Iervolino’s Ambi Group and distributed by Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios Motion Pictures (ESMP). It marked the first animated feature for both companies. When AMBI announced a distribution deal with ESMP last December, Iervolino said, “ESMP has outlined a masterful marketing and distribution plan that will allow this film to perform very well.”

The budget for Arctic Dogs is unknown. Ambi did not respond to an earlier Cartoon Brew request for comment.
Aaron Woodley, the director of Arctic Dogs, is no stranger to underperforming at the box ofice. The previous film he directed, Spark: A Space Tail, also played poorly with North American audiences, albeit on far fewer screens. The failure is more pronounced this time considering the scale of the release.
It’s not just audiences that ignored the film. Even film critics, who are obligated to review films good and bad, couldn’t be compelled to sit through Arctic Dogs. At the time of this writing, the film has just five reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, which we’d be willing to bet is the least amount of reviews ever published for a film opening on thousands of screens.
  • MGM/UA’s The Addams Family took fifth place in North America on its fourth weekend, with an estimated $8.2 million. Its creepy thematics held up well over Halloween, dropping just 31% from the previous weekend. The film has grossed a respectable $85 million domestic to date.
  • Makoto Shinkai’s Weathering with You launched in third place in China with a strong showing of $22.6 million. It has grossed around $160 million worldwide to date, and looks set to be one of the top 10 grossing animated release of the year even without a U.S. release. The film will launch in the U.S. through GKIDS next January.
It's only surprising they got it in that many theaters at all.

• Agree
Reactions: goma and Shokew

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Don't they usually have to demonstrate some level of public interest even to get an agreement to put it in that many theaters? Does the distributor have to guarantee some level of performance?

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net

And GOOD RIDDANCE to bad rubbish, honestly.

Well..... Here's hoping they go 6 feet under after this, like they deserve. But there isn't enough justice in this world, so they'll be back someday to make more BS even kids don't want to see, sadly.

Nah - It should have rotted in a bargain bin somewhere where it really belongs, more than anything...

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nah - It should have rotted in a bargain bin somewhere where it really belongs, more than anything...
I'm surprised it wasn't a straight-to-DVD piece of shit that gets buried quickly in that bin, it has all the earmarks of such a production.

• Agree
Reactions: Shokew
Tags
cartoons

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino