Western Animation -

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hate to break up this *clears throat* conversation, but the moment has come: Thundercats ROAR has arrived. ClownFishTV's Kneon and GeekySparkles watched it so we don't have to and SHOCKER, it's bad. (Warning: Geeky rants/yells in this one.) If anybody wants to watch the episodes themselves and share their thoughts, it's on the CN website.
Twitter is fighting over it between people claiming that the only ones mad are 30 year old man babies and people calling it utter shit.
Mainly because it’s like the PPG reboot in which the people involved seem to actively hate the original property.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
Twitter is fighting over it between people claiming that the only ones mad are 30 year old man babies and people calling it utter shit.
Mainly because it’s like the PPG reboot in which the people involved seem to actively hate the original property.
This isn't as bad as that was, I can tell you that. The PPG reboot was made by people who tried to do the original but absolutely did not understand it. This is a Teen Titans Go type thing.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This isn't as bad as that was, I can tell you that. The PPG reboot was made by people who tried to do the original but absolutely did not understand it. This is a Teen Titans Go type thing.
Honestly, TTG isn’t really that bad. It’s having fun with the lore of the original, and the original voice actors stuck around for it. The movie wa even something I’d call great.
But god damn, does CN need to stop airing it all the damn time.

Deadwaste

null is a GODDAMN SHIT BITCH
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, TTG isn’t really that bad. It’s having fun with the lore of the original, and the original voice actors stuck around for it. The movie wa even something I’d call great.
But god damn, does CN need to stop airing it all the damn time.
its the network's spongebob. it makes the most money. why would they want to air something that wont be as profitable?

on the other hand, maybe why it's so profitable is because its on all the time

Someone

Stop gendering genitals!
kiwifarms.net
You see, nostalgia is bad if it's an 80's property, but zoomers have the right to complain about remakes of their nostalgia, like TTG and all

I'd love if they made a TTG-style reboot of Avatar to piss these people off

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It's utterly senseless to remake shit from the '80s that literally only boomers would care about, and then go out of your way to piss off the only people who would even bother watching. Absolutely nobody has given a shit about ThunderCats since it ceased to exist except the few weirdoes who for some reason still did and some autistic collectors.

I don't think these people even understand what nostalgia is.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
Thank you for diffusing the situation for the moment. To be fair about Thundercats Roar, in my own words..... The original show was never good. The 2011 show was barely any better, even if it should have lasted longer to get actually good. The world would be a better place if people just ignored nonsense like this.... Especially the nostalgiatards who encourage it and aren't satisfied when it ultimately ain't made for them. Something I must honestly treat as FACT, as 9/10 times, unlike Ducktales 2017, that's what usually happens. Nothing but TTG! levels of disappointment and whining endlessly about how everything was better in the past.

Nostalgia and the whores that encourage it is the worst.

The Pink Panther

Gonna Steal Yo' Food
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thank you for diffusing the situation for the moment. To be fair about Thundercats Roar, in my own words..... The original show was never good. The 2011 show was barely any better, even if it should have lasted longer to get actually good. The world would be a better place if people just ignored nonsense like this.... Especially the nostalgiatards who encourage it and aren't satisfied when it ultimately ain't made for them. Something I must honestly treat as FACT, as 9/10 times, unlike Ducktales 2017, that's what usually happens. Nothing but TTG! levels of disappointment and whining endlessly about how everything was better in the past.

Nostalgia and the whores that encourage it is the worst.
RENT FREE

The Silver Shroud

"I am the Silver Shroud, a champion of justice!"
kiwifarms.net
The Owl House premiered apparently. I don't think people caught this because they're busy bickering about Thundercats ROAR. First episode is free to see and it's not bad at all. The "not like other people, freaks stick together" message was hammered too hard though.

The character designs and animation are great. Nice and cute. The voice of the witch lady in particular is perfect.
But yea, the message was kinda cringe.

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net
The Owl House premiered apparently. I don't think people caught this because they're busy bickering about Thundercats ROAR. First episode is free to see and it's not bad at all. The "not like other people, freaks stick together" message was hammered too hard though.

Oh, cool! I've been waiting for this to come out for a while now, I'm glad it's finally here!

• Feels
Reactions: Yamma Damma

Shokew

kiwifarms.net

Despite the less than stellar first impression, due to forced moral shenanigans (it's not complete SJWBS - but what they're trying to do here misses the point. There's a time to have fun and a time to be serious. And sometimes, there's a time for both, as it's a sign you might enjoy something, such as your career, for example.), I have my issues with how things go from here.

Regardless, I am definitely gonna keep up with this series to see if it can get better from here, mainly because I actually do like the MCs so far (Luz and Eda, especially. I can take or leave King, however.).

Reactions: Yamma Damma

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
The character designs and animation are great. Nice and cute. The voice of the witch lady in particular is perfect.
Eda's character design seems very Tenchi Muyo-esque, quite similar to how Ryoko looks on those rare occasions when the animators draw her with most of her hair brushed back instead of having all those hair spikes in front as Ryoko is usually drawn.

Eda's voice actress Wendie Malick also sounds a little like Ryoko's English dub VA Petrea Burchard.

Not that I'm in any way implying that I think The Owl House is a rip-off of Tenchi Muyo as I haven't noticed any other similarities besides one character's design. A Disney Channel show having a character design that appears to be at least partially inspired by 1990s anime is a plus in my book.

Pina Colada

Dumb Blonde Goddess
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
its the network's spongebob. it makes the most money. why would they want to air something that wont be as profitable?
Funnily enough, David Gemmill (who used to board Uncle Grandpa) drew something about it overshadowing the ill-fated Harvey Beaks cartoon. I know little about him, but I heard he could be brutally honest about the animation industry despite not being blacklisted. His designs also take some cues from John K. and Bob Camp's art style.
Truth hurts.jpg

If you're interested, here's his YouTube channel full of (quite raunchy) shorts.

Shokew

kiwifarms.net

To follow-up on this, the second episode is pretty much better. Much better than the first, in terms of places to start with this series, honestly.

Now the question remains if it can keep up what the 2and episode left out with from here..... Simply because unlike Star Vs., I actually like this show and want it to succeed (it's same boat as Amphibia for me, even if not as good, in terms of recent Disney TV stuff, that's why, as it is still actually getting good.).

It's a shame this show didn't leave a good first impression, as that makes or breaks anything in general. Especially nowadays when it comes to the type of show this is.

The Pink Panther

Gonna Steal Yo' Food
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Funnily enough, David Gemmill (who used to board Uncle Grandpa) drew something about it overshadowing the ill-fated Harvey Beaks cartoon. I know little about him, but I heard he could be brutally honest about the animation industry despite not being blacklisted. His designs also take some cues from John K. and Bob Camp's art style.
View attachment 1103298
If you're interested, here's his YouTube channel full of (quite raunchy) shorts.
Do you lurk /co/?

Tags
cartoons

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino