Western Animation -

-4ZURE-

Kill Every Last One of Them!
kiwifarms.net
Tuca and Bertie ran for one season Netflix but i assumed was shunned by most people after realising it was not a Bojack Horseman spin-off.

Recently got green lit for another season on Adult Swim
Well, I hope it does well I guess...

The show just does not seem like anything I would enjoy. It seems like it wants to be a comedy that is secretly dark because it talks about adult things. While I am not against dark subject matter, I feel like these shows use it as a crutch and breed audiences that want to be mature, but cannot explain why it is good outside of it is adult.

• Agree
Reactions: Dr.Sturgeon

Naamaleipuri

Has ugly pecs that creep everybody out
kiwifarms.net
I can't find this one on youtube on english or any other language. Chad Finnish dub is still being broadcast.
Tintin beats a raghead to save a white woman. What a goddamn badass!

Tintin: Oh! Someone needs help!
Woman: AAAA AAAA!
Sandnigger: SANDNIGGERNIGGER!
Tintin: Don't be afraid, this crook will never harass you again.
Edit: The sandnigger says "Ähläm Sähläm".
Ähläm and sähläm are bot deragatory terms for... Less cultured people and their language.

Last edited:

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Naamaleipuri

Has ugly pecs that creep everybody out
kiwifarms.net
I can't find this one on youtube on english or any other language. Chad Finnish dub is still being broadcast.
Tintin beats a raghead to save a white woman. What a goddamn badass!

Tintin: Oh! Someone needs help!
Woman: AAAA AAAA!
Sandnigger: SANDNIGGERNIGGER!
Tintin: Don't be afraid, this crook will never harass you again.
By the way. He literally says "Sandniggernigger!"
It's in Finnish though. "Aähläm" means eastern lowlife, "Sähläm means an eastern lowlife fucking up".
Kinda like Nigger and Niggered.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net

Apparently the producer of Mystery Incorporated recently said the show’s incarnation of Velma was intended to be a dyke.. almost a decade after the show ended and 13 days after pretending to support gay rights month. Ah yes I totally believe this was the intention.... just like how JK Rowling intended Dumbledore to be gay, Korrasami was planned from the start, and that we have always been at war with Eurasia.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
Look, I heard about this, but the fact he's saying this long after the show is off the air instead of right after it ended like the other two cases you mention seems to imply that may very well have been the case after all. At the very least, God knows, it's not trying to chase that progressive clout.

If he wrote Velma as a lesbian in the show - remember, in 2010 you still couldn't say a character was gay in a kids' cartoon. It's amazing we've forgotten.

But, then again, it was always a joke that Velma was a lesbian, just like Shaggy and Scooby were stoners and Fred and Daphne were always fucking when they split from the gang.

(Can I say I hate these stupid fucking YouTube channels trying to blow every single thing up into a big culture war issue?)

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Look, I heard about this, but the fact he's saying this long after the show is off the air instead of right after it ended like the other two cases you mention seems to imply that may very well have been the case after all. At the very least, God knows, it's not trying to chase that progressive clout.

If he wrote Velma as a lesbian in the show - remember, in 2010 you still couldn't say a character was gay in a kids' cartoon. It's amazing we've forgotten.

But, then again, it was always a joke that Velma was a lesbian, just like Shaggy and Scooby were stoners and Fred and Daphne were always fucking when they split from the gang.

(Can I say I hate these stupid fucking YouTube channels trying to blow every single thing up into a big culture war issue?)
Yeah it could be the case but I’ve become so jaded from other people doing similar “psyche gay all along” shit.

Saxxon

Sperging on the internet is the future of society
kiwifarms.net
the fact he's saying this long after the show is off the air instead of right after it ended like the other two cases you mention seems to imply that may very well have been the case after all
I don't see how that makes sense, she had a relationship with Shaggy in the show and the other evidence is she hanging around with that other weird chick that amounted to nothing so who cares. Saying that she is a lesbian really fucking means nothing when the show is far from over and even then that would never really bring anything to the overall plot of the show, its just telling but not showing. Fake and gay (literally).

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
Scroll down to the characters section. They apparently note EVERY SINGLE BACKGROUND EXTRA, and those extras all have their own pages, like this: https://spongebob.fandom.com/wiki/Incidental_154
Did Spongebob Squarepants do the thing where they created stock designs for literally hundreds of background characters just so that they could "promote" a background characters to a named and voiced character when needed the way Bob's Burgers does?

It's smart to do it that way because then new characters, especially classmates, can still be kind of familiar faces just like in real life, where you might see someone in the hallway or on the street for years but not become friends until much later.

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
Did Spongebob Squarepants do the thing where they created stock designs for literally hundreds of background characters just so that they could "promote" a background characters to a named and voiced character when needed the way Bob's Burgers does?

It's smart to do it that way because then new characters, especially classmates, can still be kind of familiar faces just like in real life, where you might see someone in the hallway or on the street for years but not become friends until much later.
I remember them doing an episode based around the “my leg” guy.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I have no clue, but I looked up https://spongebob.fandom.com/wiki/Incidental_1 and the article mentions the creators thinking the fans named that one "Fred", when he was called by that name in passing in an earlier episode. So I guess not.

Sayon

kiwifarms.net
Mystery Inc. Velma repeatedly showed interest in men and besides her little thing with Hot Dog Water at most just gave flirty lines at girls. She swings both ways if anything.

Sure it is. There is nothing beyond the text and J.K Rowling waited damn long before yapping about how ghay Dumbledore was.

He allowed the show to let Velma have repeat interest in men. Whether it was Shaggy or one of the guys in Orc costumes. Also, Hey Arnold got away with having a flaming homosexual as Arnold's teacher.

She'd only get labeled as a dyke from getting associated with someone like the bitch who shot Andy Warhol (see Venture Bros.) and/or having short hair with glasses like Marcie from Peanuts. CN even ran bumpers showing her into Johnny Bravo.

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
Sure it is. There is nothing beyond the text and J.K Rowling waited damn long before yapping about how ghay Dumbledore was.
Long meaning about a year or so. Not several years like this guy.

He allowed the show to let Velma have repeat interest in men. Whether it was Shaggy or one of the guys in Orc costumes. Also, Hey Arnold got away with having a flaming homosexual as Arnold's teacher.
No they didn't. There was one episode where they implied it, but they never said outright that he was gay, because you couldn't do that back then. Even implying it could get an episode banned.

She'd only get labeled as a dyke from getting associated with someone like the bitch who shot Andy Warhol (see Venture Bros.) and/or having short hair with glasses like Marcie from Peanuts. CN even ran bumpers showing her into Johnny Bravo.
That was a promo, though, and a different incarnation of Velma.

Sayon

kiwifarms.net
Long meaning about a year or so. Not several years like this guy
No actual difference. Just throwing in shit afterwards for muh woke.

No they didn't. There was one episode where they implied it, but they never said outright that he was gay, because you couldn't do that back then. Even implying it could get an episode banned
He was so faggy you could light and smoke him. Him not yelling he takes dicks up his ass doesn't make him not obvious. Unlike Velma and how only in tumblrland would she be a dyke.

That was a promo, though, and a different incarnation of Velma.
It's in line with her repeat interest in men.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Cyril Sneer

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
No actual difference. Just throwing in shit afterwards for muh woke.
"I was trying to hint she was gay without the network censors getting down my ass" is not "He's gay even though I never hinted it in the books."

He was so faggy you could light and smoke him. Him not yelling he takes dicks up his ass doesn't make him not obvious. Unlike Velma and how only in tumblrland would she be a dyke.
Then why have people been joking about it for years?

It's in line with her repeat interest in men.
In which incarnation?

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
"I was trying to hint she was gay without the network censors getting down my ass" is not "He's gay even though I never hinted it in the books."
Ah yes: the "network censors" ever-present in the theater and book industry. J.K. Rowling was truly suffocated under the pressures of corporate against artistic integrity.

EDIT: I'm busting your balls, I get what you're saying but given the Potter series (per the movies) ran all the way into the early 2010's when gays and gay marriage were already becoming widely accepted at that point, there's no reason why J.K. couldn't have retconned it in the movies by that point if she really wanted to. In the books when they were written in the 90's? Yeah, absolutely not: gay undertones were a big no-no. The movies, however, were a different story, especially with how popular they were by that point in time.
Then why have people been joking about it for years?
In terms of recent jokes?

The more obscure reason for why it's become a thing in the public conscious as of recent as of recent was due to the fact that a man named writing an article called "Perspectives: “The Same Thing We Do Every Night”: Signifying Same-Sex Desire in Television Cartoons" in the academic journal: "Journal of Popular Film and Television", which brought into the public consciousness the idea of retroactively looking at characters like Heffer from Rocko's Modern Life, Daria, Marcie from the Peanuts, Pinky from Pinky and the Brain, et al. and looking for any gay subtext to the characters that could in some way being interpreted as them being gay. Or at least, this is the "study" most people would've pointed to in order to prove their point about Velma being gay, especially after it got picked up back in 2010 as Scooby-Doo was regaining popularity (albeit briefly) in the mainstream again.

The more out and out reason, and the reason that's being brought up now after this whole thing's being brought up again, was because in the original script for the live-action Scooby-Doo movie (the R-Rated version of the movie), the director Raja Gosnell had planned on exaggerating stereotypes of the Scooby gang to the nth degree for no real basis other than just for the sake of comedy (having Daphne and Velma becoming a lesbian couple with big CGI cleavage boobs, Shaggy being an overt stoner with munchie issues, etc.) and had James Gunn write the script for those scenes.

This shit about Velma being gay in the "canon" (eugh) isn't even new, this has been reported on since as far back as 2002. This whole thing about Velma being gay just became relevant again because the new director's trying to make it seem like that this was the plan all along, with him being a totally STUNNING and BRAVE person for validating Velma's gayness by saying she was gay the whole time even though she wasn't, but I'll get to that.

But the main reason why people kept constantly joking about it for YEARS (i.e. before the 2000's reboot)?
Basically the whole thing boils down to teenagers and older adults stereotyping the characters for years based on their looks and the context in which they were created:
- Shaggy was from the 60's, likes to eat a LOT, and has a disheveled appearance, and talks to his dog, ergo he must smoke a lotta Mary J all the time.
- Velma has the typical look of a short-haired glasses wearing chick like Marcie from the Peanuts (the bullshit surrounding why people thought her and Peppermint Patty were in love just because they hung out a lot/Patty being a tomboy is another can of worms altogether), and there's nothing explicitly in the original series to show Velma can't like girls so eeeeeeeeeeeeeh?
- Bro, Daphne and Fred always split up from Velma, Shaggy, and Scooby in that order everytime, so dude, do you think Daphne and Fred are secretly fucking?

It's just people overanalyzing a cartoon trying to find meaning in something that isn't there, both from looking back and noticing things they didn't as a kid in retrospect decades later now that they're an adult, and from people like Gunn taking those jokes and validating them in other media over time.

In short, the meme got meme'd so hard in pop culture that it became real, and now it's just an accepted thing for new Scooby Doo shows to touch upon if they so choose.
In which incarnation?
Pretty much any incarnation from the ABC days onwards, barring a few exceptions.
People have already pointed out Mystery Incorporated, and others may point out the Witch's Ghost and the other 90's movies, but there's also A Pup Named Scooby Doo (for obvious reasons), the second Scooby Doo live-action movie under demand from Warner Bros that she have a girlfriend, What's New Scooby Doo, some of the new direct-to-DVD movies (albeit some like the Moon Madness one do still kinda ride the line about Velma being bi a bit), the list goes on. Anything from the original series' run on CBS and the subsequent spin-offs from Ruby and Spears (including Shaggy being a pothead, Fred and Daphne's relationship, and other tropes of the gang) has already been debunked by the series creators as completely unintentional and a theory they completely disapprove of.

Unfortunately you have to pay $0.99 for the answer to these specific questions about the series, but thankfully not only are Joe Ruby and Ken Spears still alive and well after all these years, but they've done other interviews and podcasts on the subject of their production companies and on their work on Scooby Doo, which I highly recommend giving a listen to if you wanna search up interviews with them.
https://soundcloud.com/mstailey/interview-with-scooby-doo-creators-joe-ruby-and-ken-spears (Here's one to start you out.)

There may even be some from Hanna, Barbara, Silverman, or Takamoto from way back in the day if you dig around enough.

That's not to say that there can't be a brand-new interpretation can't work, but saying this immediately applies to the whole franchise is disingenuous at best, and flat-out wrong according to the original series creators at worst.
Velma flat-out from the start was not gay and to this day most people are still on the fence about if she is, due to post-movie directorial intent vs. Warner Bros.' stance on it. The only reason people are upset now is because this new director's trying to retcon any other versions in order to be a massive attention-whore and have his version be the ONLY version of the character, context or contradictions be damned.

And given Warner's aggressive stance on it: I think it's safe to say that the intent for the character per the franchise is that she's straight, or if we have to lean one way or the other, bi.

Last edited:

Sayon

kiwifarms.net
Oh please, "Creators" say shieet like that to stay relevant or maintain an image. No better than George Lucas saying he planned everything or Nintendo saying Zelda has a timeline, or Bryke saying we all have heterolens.

Then why have people been joking about it for years
She has short hair with a face that's more cute than beautiful and has above average IT points/is "geeky." Same thing Marcie from Peanuts has once you take away her being Patty's BFF.

In which incarnation?
Enough of them including Mystery Inc. (see Orc bikers).

Last edited:
Tags
cartoons