Western Animation -

Oats12345

kiwifarms.net
Nickelodeon of course. Well more like their PR on Pride month when they made questionable decisions like including the weirdo or saying Spongebob (may be) gay after the creator died.
I looked it up turns out the actor is a trans. The character is most likely not.

Also well Stephen hillenburg did say spongebob was asexul. But the thing is he was being scientific as Sea sponges are asexul. But he also said the show was noting but fun and entertainment. As you see the show never talks about Spongebob's love life. So I don't know how he would have felt seeing his character be use for political agenda.

Saxxon

Sperging on the internet is the future of society
kiwifarms.net
Saw Infinity train a few days ago, must say that I really enjoyed it even if in the beginning Tulip didn't convince me because I found her unlikable with her constant moaning and "quirky" attitude and 1:1 was just your typical dumb annoying sidekid they quickly grow on me. Second season was much better because I found the main plot and protagonist dilemma way more interesting and the way the show played with the train's rules have me in the edge of my seat, my only problem is with the pacing specially in the beginning of the first season, everything moves way too fast and the show wants you to empathize with the characters right away. I don't think the 11 minute format works for this type of show but despite that is pretty good, hope that season 3 keeps the quality.

Reactions: madethistocomment

lucio fulci

kiwifarms.net
I looked it up turns out the actor is a trans. The character is most likely not.

Also well Stephen hillenburg did say spongebob was asexul. But the thing is he was being scientific as Sea sponges are asexul. But he also said the show was noting but fun and entertainment. As you see the show never talks about Spongebob's love life. So I don't know how he would have felt seeing his character be use for political agenda.
Ah, well, that closes the book on that I suppose. My source was wrong then.

I remember seeing the Spongebob thing and yeah it was supposed to be literal biology regarding sea life but you know how pride Twitter is.

Thiletonomics

도널드 트럼프 승리의 소금.
kiwifarms.net
Here's another article with a bit more information about Total DramaRama's upcoming Season 3. Two new characters from the Total Drama series will be added, Lightning and Sugar. Lightning was in Revenge of the Island, and was a dumb jock that refers to himself in third-person and likes to say words starting with "Sha-", i.e. Sha-Lightning, for some reason, and had his fair share of fans. Sugar was on Pahkitew Island, and is a fat gross girl that wanted to be crowned Pageant Queen, and thus was unpopular in the fanbase.

Last edited:

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
Here's another article with a bit more information about Total DramaRama's upcoming Season 3. Two new characters from the Total Drama series will be added, Lightning and Sugar. Lightning was in Revenge of the Island, and was a dumb jock that refers to himself in third-person and likes to say words starting with "Sha-", i.e. Sha-Lightning, for some reason, and had his fair share of fans. Sugar was on Pahkitew Island, and is a fat gross girl that wanted to be crowned Pageant Queen, and thus was unpopular in the fanbase.
Lightning I get, since he was actually pretty entertaining in his own right, but why the fuck Sugar? Sugar is just a spoof of Honey Boo Boo except somehow worse.

Anti pedo

kiwifarms.net
does anyone tired of the eye-bleeding color palate modern cartoon uses like pastel mixed with oversaturated colors like WHY you can still grab peoples attention without burning the audience eyes out not gonna lie pastel colors would work if it's only used for highlights but as a base colour for EVERYTHING are they trying to make the audience blind! its painful to watch

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
Ren & Stimpy is getting a reboot on Comedy Central of all places. Knowing CC's treatment of shows that aren't South Park or The Daily Show it's probably going to be just as neutered as Adult Party Cartoon (and also last one season). A lot of people are not excited about it for obvious reasons though.
Bob Camp, the one person who's been trying to get a reboot done for years, wasn't notified, and that set off an alarm for me.

Of course, they could get him on anyway. If you're doing this you need to have some of the people who made it possible. But the original show was lightning in a bottle anyway. You can't do it again and replicate the same creative alchemy.

Archeops

Whispering seeds of doubt into the ears of troons
kiwifarms.net
Twitter is super pissy about it, mainly “I designed a cartoon that deserves to be made over a reboot!” and the pedo stuff mentioned as an afterthought.
This is one of the times I wish it was possible to repeatedly slap someone's hams over Internet. Don't these idiots know that the animation industry is extremely risk-adverse even without factoring the pandemic?

That said, since this reboot is airing on Comedy Central as opposed to it going on Nick or Netflix my guess is that it's being done for the now-adult fans of the original show along with memory-holing Adult Party Cartoon.

• Agree
Reactions: Yaoi Huntress Earth

Archeops

Whispering seeds of doubt into the ears of troons
kiwifarms.net
This tweet sums up how i feel about the bettercartoon trend. View attachment 1499683
I agree with this guy on all points with some reservations on the "generic" bit, a large amount of the pitches being posted via that hashtag are ones that have been done before by better creators or are just straight-up umarketable.

And holy FUCK are they salty, some retard decided to start a change.org petition!

Yamma Damma

Damma Doo
kiwifarms.net
This is one of the times I wish it was possible to repeatedly slap someone's hams over Internet. Don't these idiots know that the animation industry is extremely risk-adverse even without factoring the pandemic?

That said, since this reboot is airing on Comedy Central as opposed to it going on Nick or Netflix my guess is that it's being done for the now-adult fans of the original show along with memory-holing Adult Party Cartoon.
Probably because the majority of the people pitching cartoons in that tag are horribly inexperienced (you pitch cartoons in private meetings and in most cases have to sign NDAs through the whole pilot process, whether it's aired on TV or not). These days the cartoon corporate cocksuckers are so picky that YOU have to do more legwork then they do. Hence why there's an influx of online cartoon pilots made on shoestring budgets with amateur voiceactors on cheap mics lately. There's many ways of getting your animated stuff made and going on a salty twatter rant about some old cartoon's reanimated corpse is not one of them. 🚬

I agree with this guy on all points with some reservations on the "generic" bit, a large amount of the pitches being posted via that hashtag are ones that have been done before by better creators or are just straight-up umarketable.

And holy FUCK are they salty, some retard decided to start a change.org petition!
YEAH SIGN THAT PETITION AND MAKE A CHANGE! Just like the last time it worked!......Like uhhh.....you know uhhhh.... oh.

Commander X

kiwifarms.net
I'm not thrilled about a Ren and Stimpy reboot either but holy moley, everyone in the #bettercartoon tag is so incredibly petty. Seriously, most of it just looks like a bunch of Steven Universe clones. Like none of them look appealing or different at all.

E7bsEAAZn.jpg
cAEO_RW.jpg

E7iUa9SW.jpg

They all just look really standard aside from the ones with a dash of 'exotic' flair. And even then, none of them advertise the animation aspect of the cartoon, so much as the stated character arcs they want to write in them.

L6UgzEb.jpg

AI8ZCW.png

Most of these #bettercartoon pitches are just completely generic kids cartoons premises that have been around for decades, about kids with MAGIC POWERS who GO ON ADVENTURES!!...but with minorities as the gimmick or hook, and there's a sameness to the art styles.

MalWart

Lawn Mower Parts Salesman
kiwifarms.net
I'm not thrilled about a Ren and Stimpy reboot either but holy moley, everyone in the #bettercartoon tag is so incredibly petty. Seriously, most of it just looks like a bunch of Steven Universe clones. Like none of them look appealing or different at all.

View attachment 1501591View attachment 1501596
View attachment 1501597

They all just look really standard aside from the ones with a dash of 'exotic' flair. And even then, none of them advertise the animation aspect of the cartoon, so much as the stated character arcs they want to write in them.

View attachment 1501600
View attachment 1501606

Most of these #bettercartoon pitches are just completely generic kids cartoons premises that have been around for decades, about kids with MAGIC POWERS who GO ON ADVENTURES!!...but with minorities as the gimmick or hook, and there's a sameness to the art styles.
People can say what they will about the prospects of a Ren and Stimpy reboot, but it certainly sounds far more appealing than a bunch of cartoons that all appear to be shat from the Tumblr assembly line.

It would actually be funny to see the whole #bettercartoon hashtag reappropriated as something that takes the piss out of these cocky artists.

Thiletonomics

도널드 트럼프 승리의 소금.
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1501591View attachment 1501596
View attachment 1501597

View attachment 1501600
View attachment 1501606

These pitches make Total DramaRama, out of all things, to be more bearable and original in comparison, despite it being a spin-off series that very few people even wanted in the first place.

Tags
cartoons