Western Animation -

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've never understood the point of doing this. It rarely looks any better than the original and most of the time, just looks weird.
It is weird, I blame our sudden desire for anything to be 60fps or more these days given the way games are. Applying that logic to hand-drawn animation just seems unnecessary, also diminishes the point of how, even at 24fps, we're able to see it move like that with our eyes.

Last edited:

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
It is with a heavy heart that I have to break the news: we just lost Chris Reccardi.

He was, undoubtedly, one of the greats in animation. He was a big part of Ren and Stimpy, especially in the Games years, and worked on just about everything great since then - you name it, he worked on it. He was a great all-around artist.

What a loss the world of animation just suffered.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is with a heavy heart that I have to break the news: we just lost Chris Reccardi.

He was, undoubtedly, one of the greats in animation. He was a big part of Ren and Stimpy, especially in the Games years, and worked on just about everything great since then - you name it, he worked on it. He was a great all-around artist.

What a loss the world of animation just suffered.
Now that is really a loss.

Here's a short pilot he made for CN...

http://www.reccardi.com/

Checking out his IMDB, I see the last thing he worked on is being a storyboard artist on the upcoming "Lady & The Tramp", which I think is the Disney+ thing. Interesting he was involved on that.

• Informative
Reactions: Pina Colada

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
While we're at it, consider the last thing he worked on for Ren and Stimpy, "Ren's Brain," written back in the Spumco days but only put into production for the last season. He directed it:

He also boarded, among other moments, Wilbur Cobb's first meeting with Ren and Stimpy in "Stimpy's Cartoon Show."

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
This was one of my all-time favorite cartoons growing up. It was such a creative world and really had some (for a show aimed at kids at least) deep lore and history to it's world and characters. You had some of the "wacky comic character" stuff (Niddler...) but it also felt more serious in tone than other cartoons and wasn't afraid to deal with some darker themes.

I recently showed a few episodes to my nieces who wanted to know what I liked when I was their age, and even they started getting into it. Still wish they would have finished the show, but it got cancelled after only about twenty-two episodes or so.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of 2000-year olds, there's also Max: the 2000-Year Old Mouse (1967), short educational interstitial cartoons from Krantz Films, makers of the 2nd and 3rd seasons of Spider-Man.

They were made in Canada though most of the historical figures and events covered weren't Canadian.

And, yes, Max: the 2000-Year Old Mouse used the same stock music library theme music as Sneak Previews.

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of 2000-year olds, there's also Max: the 2000-Year Old Mouse (1967), short educational interstitial cartoons from Krantz Films, makers of the 2nd and 3rd seasons of Spider-Man.

Also Rocket Robin Hood, and also helping Ralph Bakshi make his first movies!

They were made in Canada though most of the historical figures and events covered weren't Canadian.
They were definitely making these to sell all over, yet they ended up as filler fodder on Canadian TV for decades!

And, yes, Max: the 2000-Year Old Mouse used the same stock music library theme music as Sneak Previews.
Another Krantz classic is "The Wonderful Stories of Professor Kitzel!"

Tags
cartoons

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino