Western Animation -

Clockwork_PurBle

John Goldfarb, get your ass back home.
kiwifarms.net
I like it, needless to say. Nothing with Jon Lovitz and Phil Hartman in it is terrible.

The story is apparently he pitched it to Disney, but Disney didn’t want to do it because no one was going to watch a film about a toaster.

It got made at Hyperion Pictures, which was founded by ex-Disney people, and it was such a cult hit that they made two sequels, neither of which is worth your time.
Fun fact: BLT (lol) is actually based on a book. The second film, BLT to the Rescue, was not based on a book. The third one, BLT Goes to Mars, the most hated one, is though.

I liked the second one.

Don't forget Thurl Ravenscroft! To me, he's the voice of God himself!
Thurl Ravenscroft! He's grrrreat!

Nope! They definitely were below average for what the original film achieved. Always find it odd 'The Master" ended up a country veterinarian in the end but I suppose it makes some sense he'd go for that line of work.
Makes sense a kid with such an affection and concern for the lives of (supposedly) inanimate objects would extend his love to the living creatures.

• Informative
Reactions: Trilby

Trilby

I got stupid cool hip-hop style!
kiwifarms.net
Fun fact: BLT (lol) is actually based on a book. The second film, BLT to the Rescue, was not based on a book. The third one, BLT Goes to Mars, the most hated one, is though.

I liked the second one.
That is quite interesting. Not in the mood to hunt down said books but interesting the writer felt Mars had to be the next stop.

Thurl Ravenscroft! He's grrrreat!
Yep!

Makes sense a kid with such an affection and concern for the lives of (supposedly) inanimate objects would extend his love to the living creatures.
True. Throwing talking animals in the second film and even sharing conversations with our 'inanimate' friends helped to suspend the disbelief.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
Double posting weeks later, I just wanted to highlight a few of my favorite Mr. Magoo cartoons someone uploaded on YT!

Well... Thank fuck it's not that new adaptation someone recently shat out on Netflix and/or whatever.

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure, it's been over two months since How to Train Your Dragon: the Hidden World, the last animated film to do decently at the box office, and parents with children too young for the three hour endurance challenge of Avengers: Endgame might be looking for something else child-friendly for their kids to watch, so Ugly Dolls might beat the industry's $7 to $12 million opening weekend expectations?

Or perhaps Ugly Dolls might just be another Wonder Park or Missing Link, animated films lost in the shuffle due to their opening too closely before or too soon after big Marvel movies. Plus Detective Pikachu opens the following weekend and that one has more hype and also looks to be entertaining for adults.

Trilby

kiwifarms.net
I've never understood the point of doing this. It rarely looks any better than the original and most of the time, just looks weird.
It is weird, I blame our sudden desire for anything to be 60fps or more these days given the way games are. Applying that logic to hand-drawn animation just seems unnecessary, also diminishes the point of how, even at 24fps, we're able to see it move like that with our eyes.

Last edited:

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
It is with a heavy heart that I have to break the news: we just lost Chris Reccardi.

He was, undoubtedly, one of the greats in animation. He was a big part of Ren and Stimpy, especially in the Games years, and worked on just about everything great since then - you name it, he worked on it. He was a great all-around artist.

What a loss the world of animation just suffered.

Trilby

kiwifarms.net
It is with a heavy heart that I have to break the news: we just lost Chris Reccardi.

He was, undoubtedly, one of the greats in animation. He was a big part of Ren and Stimpy, especially in the Games years, and worked on just about everything great since then - you name it, he worked on it. He was a great all-around artist.

What a loss the world of animation just suffered.
Now that is really a loss.

Here's a short pilot he made for CN...

http://www.reccardi.com/

Checking out his IMDB, I see the last thing he worked on is being a storyboard artist on the upcoming "Lady & The Tramp", which I think is the Disney+ thing. Interesting he was involved on that.

• Informative
Reactions: Pina Colada

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
While we're at it, consider the last thing he worked on for Ren and Stimpy, "Ren's Brain," written back in the Spumco days but only put into production for the last season. He directed it:

He also boarded, among other moments, Wilbur Cobb's first meeting with Ren and Stimpy in "Stimpy's Cartoon Show."

Tags
cartoons

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino