Western Animation -

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don’t know if any of you have heard, but Netflix has acquired the rights to the Rocko and Invader ZIM movies.

There’s no date out yet but I do know it’ll be sometime late this summer.
It's nice finally someone's going to play these at all, but feel like Nick missed an opportunity to just air 'em themselves.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
This was one of my all-time favorite cartoons growing up. It was such a creative world and really had some (for a show aimed at kids at least) deep lore and history to it's world and characters. You had some of the "wacky comic character" stuff (Niddler...) but it also felt more serious in tone than other cartoons and wasn't afraid to deal with some darker themes.

I recently showed a few episodes to my nieces who wanted to know what I liked when I was their age, and even they started getting into it. Still wish they would have finished the show, but it got cancelled after only about twenty-two episodes or so.

View attachment 746074
Too bad, it was pulled the plug so fast. That cartoon should had got more episodes.

That cartoon was made a couple of years before the Pirates of Dark Water was also good to watch.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Everything after the meteora fight felt rushed. The whole lets destroy magic thing seemed like such an extreme option onsidering it doesnt really solve the racism problem.
Constantly switching up pairings and such too didn’t help, but that’s an overall series thing.

And this is just a personal thing, but they killed Heckapoo off and that’s crap.

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
Everything after the meteora fight felt rushed. The whole lets destroy magic thing seemed like such an extreme option onsidering it doesnt really solve the racism problem.
Constantly switching up pairings and such too didn’t help, but that’s an overall series thing.

And this is just a personal thing, but they killed Heckapoo off and that’s crap.
The implications that would occur with all those deaths, the fact that magic is gone and the relationships between the human race and the citizens of Mewni that aren't magic just makes me feel like they should at least address this shit in a TV movie/special down the line. But we know they won't.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The implications that would occur with all those deaths, the fact that magic is gone and the relationships between the human race and the citizens of Mewni that aren't magic just makes me feel like they should at least address this shit in a TV movie/special down the line. But we know they won't.
Thank goodness I never watched this show then.

One Man Bland

kiwifarms.net

Also didn't help that SVtFoE always seemed like it had trouble sticking with a central conflict or antagonist, so you had potential/better candidates for antagonists who would eventually fade into the background, only for the show to pull a new antagonist out of their ass at the eleventh hour.

Although part of me wonders if a lot of this was the fault of Disney. From what I understand Disney's execs really wanted another big hit like Gravity Falls, which might explain all the plot threads, mysteries, and DEEPEST LORE that amounts to nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: madethistocomment

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net
Cartoon Network's coming out with a new show. It looks promising, honestly. It's got nice designs, smooth animation, decent acting and it looks decently funny.
Another, older video made by the creator of the show.

• Agree
Reactions: Shokew

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
(IMHO) Star Vs. Was never good and I'm glad it's gone. Good riddance.

... I just hope whatever new show that happens to feature a female protagonist coming out of Disney Channel (which Amphibia & The Owl House pretty much are...) can do a better job entertaining me where this show couldn't, honestly. Knowing some of the people who worked on The Owl House also have their hands dirtied with Star Vs., I already doubt it. Amphibia seems fine enough, thankfully... It all comes down to how well written both of these shows are, either way - not how they look, even if one (The Owl House) honestly looks better than the other (Amphibia).

Cartoon Network's coming out with a new show. It looks promising, honestly. It's got nice designs, smooth animation, decent acting and it looks decently funny.
Another, older video made by the creator of the show.
THIS show right here does show some promise, besides maybe Infinity Train.

Also, definitely looking forward to more Final Space this year. It's been too long for me.

OK, that's enough spergy B'S from me. Take care.

Last edited:

PsychoNerd054

Green people are so sexy!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
I find it disgusting that they waited until Stephen died to announce that they're this!
And the new movie might be the new show’s prologue, it explains why the movie synopsis about Spongebob meeting Sandy, Patrick, Krabs, etc at summer camp sounded so weird and retconny (as in retconning season 1) Hillenburg was never alive to approve of the current movie script

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
  • Agree
Reactions: Trilby
U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
It's a shit decision on Nick's part and I agree with Tibbitt's outrage. It's just so underhanded that I hope the movie bombs spectacularly.
The fact that Tibbitt isn’t involved in the movie and the fact that the Spongebob Movie 2 writers are the only ones returning concerns me, especially when the director replacing Tibbit worked on Garfield movies and the Grumpy cat movie concerns me

Last edited by a moderator:

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
The fact that Tibbitt isn’t involved in the movie and the fact that the Spongebob Movie 2 writers are the only ones returning concerns me, especially when the director replacing Tibbit worked on Garfield movies and the Grumpy cat movie concerns me

He also helped write the original film, was involved with the show and even Rocko's Modern Life. I can't recall but didn't they announce what the third film would be like some time before Hillenburg died?

EDIT: Actually, yes, they did. I find it hard to believe he wasn't aware of this. He was still coming in to work regularly before he died.

In any case, cash-grabby as it may be, if they're going to do it it's better that they have people who work on the show making it. Better them than someone else.

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby
Tags
cartoons

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino