What are annoying habits of yours? -

Digital Thunder

Himbo Supremacist
kiwifarms.net
I restart sentences when I'm several words into them and repeat phrases mid-sentence to the point that I can't understand what I've said well before I finish speaking. It makes talking to people IRL frustrating and speaking under pressure virtually impossible.

Very late ETA: What makes this especially annoying is that it's an issue until I have to speak about something extremely specific, where I'll instead ramble on indefinitely unless I'm stopped.

Last edited:

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I talk to myself to remember what the hell I'm doing or to keep track of steps in a process, drives other people crazy so I'm careful not to do it in their presence. I still say "what the hell was I doing?" and "where the hell is my pen?" at least twice a day.

This annoys me more than anyone else but I'm a terrible skin-picker. I've gotten better in recent years but I'll unconciously pick at my fingers without realizing. It gets really bad if I'm nervous or stressed about something. I had a shitty class a few years back that stressed me so much I had to put band-aids on my thumbs so I wouldn't keep destroying them. I just use a skin salve on my fingers each night to help heal them and keep them less dry.

I think my most annoying habit is venting to my best friend about the latest exceptional thing a family member did. I can do it for an hour straight until I cool off a bit and say "...well, that's all. Sorry for venting too much."
"No problem", he replies.
A minute or so passes.
And then I say "...but you know what really grinds my gears?" and start venting again about the same shit (just a few minutes, but still...). I'm not proud of this but I'm doing better. And yes, I live with a saint.

Last edited:

Maratus volans

Peacock Spider
kiwifarms.net
If I'm standing somewhere for a while, I start to fidget or to rock back and forth slightly. If I catch myself doing it I'll stop, but I start it unconsciously.

Beluga

Just a little white whale on the go
kiwifarms.net
I crack my knuckles, neck, wrists and ankles many times throughout the day.

I've also been biting my nails ever since I can remember but thankfully my nails aren't completely fucked. I managed to stop a couple of times but long nails annoy me so fucking much that I always go back to biting them.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
When I'm dicing onions, picking potatoes, sorting through something or anything else that doesn't require thinking then any active thought processes are replaced by a mental screensaver and I start whistling and humming the Nintendo Wii menu music until the brain is needed again.

Guts Gets Some

Herbie is bae
kiwifarms.net
Text: I use 'ly' adverbs, way, way too much. "Honestly" "Seriously", etc, to end or start my sentences, and I don't know why. Or pepper unnecessary verbs "just" "even" and the like. Almost like I need to hammer in the point with those words, rather than just saying them.

Real life: I routinely make anime arm/hand moves of my favorite characters when bored. Be it Kazuma's slow right fist clench or Guts' left hand canon drop.... yeah. Sometimes I don't even realize I'm doing it, until someone asks "What are you doing?"

Lucifer's Rectum

Rapidly deteriorating mental state
kiwifarms.net
I talk to myself while working through more complex/confusing bits of our work system. I also have a really bad habit of humming whatever I'm either listening to or is currently stuck in my head to myself.

Tags
None