What are some of the GOOD things that are because of the Corona Virus? -

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

Maxliam

You all disgust me.
kiwifarms.net
The fact that once this blows over globalization is fucking done for and China will get hit extremely hard for covering this whole shit up. God. It's gonna be glorious seeing our competitor burn down and the bonus is it's a commie regime.
I honestly hope this brings back American factory work for people. I honestly am willing to pay more to mean that there's food on the table for my fellow Americans. It will hopefully also make people realize how little they need to get by instead of just being mindless consumers.

Overcast

Perfection has no age
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Reading this thread has definitely made me feel better about this whole coronavirus thing.

Turns out all we needed was an angry little virus to get the world back on track.

Anyway, working at a grocery store, we're getting a lot more business, which in turn means more job security for me. Also I get to call out people for not washing their hands after leaving the stall.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
The fact that once this blows over globalization is fucking done for and China will get hit extremely hard for covering this whole shit up. God. It's gonna be glorious seeing our competitor burn down and the bonus is it's a commie regime.
That's all well and good, but the real positive of globalization's collapse would be it pissing Moviebob off some more.

After all, this is the same asshole who thought he'd have a robot body and a spaceship if Hillary won back in 2016.

Fatcat

fat cats are really nice cats
kiwifarms.net
I was able to get my hands on a small game called Art Sqool for free, the creator made it a free download for 48 hours

Dysnomia

Save trees. Wipe your ass with Corona-chan
kiwifarms.net
The bars, diners and state stores being closed have led to a nice decrease in the amount of riff raff and broken bottles around here. There's less trash in the street. And once the closure mandate kicks in on the 23rd the hair stores will close. That's more of a personal lulz for me considering how many we have in a close radius. How much fake hair do you need? :cringe:

There are always wigs and extensions all over the sidewalk. Looking forward to seeing less of that.

Return of the Freaker

You used to call me on my freak phone
kiwifarms.net
I would say the fact that this has allowed pollution levels in various parts of the world to (temporarily) drop and animals to come out, but too many normies on facebook are spinning it as misanthropic "we are the real virus" shit.

Reactions: JustFuckinaDude

Maxliam

You all disgust me.
kiwifarms.net
I would say the fact that this has allowed pollution levels in various parts of the world to (temporarily) drop and animals to come out, but too many normies on facebook are spinning it as misanthropic "we are the real virus" shit.
We kind of are a virus....

I finally decided to go ahead and get that Mossberg 88. My local gun stores are as busy as I've ever seen them.
Oddly in my area it's not really that packed but this being Texas, most people own a shit load of guns and ammo.

Dave.

Don't call it a massacre, call it revenge.
kiwifarms.net
To put it optimistically, we’ve been long overdue for a ‘renaissance’ type event for a while and we may yet have a proper catalyst for once. No more favoritism of corporations, now the industries will have to be built by the people who are willing to endure the hardship and have the passion.

Club Sandwich

kiwifarms.net
my shop's stagnate inventory is moving, altered operations means money changing hands which means i stay in business and my employees keep getting paid, et c. there's also the unfortunate "smug" that comes from being able to see some people that you know were told to take disaster preparation seriously, et c.

it's not quite schadenfreude, since i do feel bad they're effectively paying a premium for what would ordinarily be fairly cheap supplies, but at the same time most of these people were the "it's just a flu" or "we need open borders" types...

also there's an amazing number of take out / pick up places around that i never heard of, so that's pretty interesting. most restaurants and food trucks have converted over to mobile meal service and grocery deliveries for grocers. interesting changes to business and seeing formerly busy metro areas practically empty is almost surreal.

Tags
None